• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The new update - What do you guys think of it?

ApexMC

Career
Reaction score
Hey everyone, today i'm posting this because ive had about a week to reflect on the changes made to the MCGamer Network and i'm here to tell what I have thought and listen to what you guys have thought about it.

So first of all, the update caused a tremendous, amount of lag on the server due to the 1.7 release. This was fixed fairly quickly but this was a downfall to me because it was a struggle to get a recording with that going on against me. There was not much they could have done about the lag, when they first switched but that's over now and lets move on.

Second, the new hub, I have found to be an amazing step up from the previous hub, due to the fact that games that people found to be not fun or unpopular, were removed from the hub. This makes the hub look very clean and simplistic. I again love the new hub in comparison to the last however there is one thing about the new hub that I wish MCGamer would have kept. That is separate lobby's for separate games. For example, I would go to the survival games hub when I access SG through my compass. I really liked that feature and it is now simply a part of the hub. With the addition of a lot more base hubs, I wish there was some sort of feature in a plugin of some sorts to evenly distribute the amount of players in a single hub to prevent lag in one single hub. This is just an Idea but if any developers see this, you should get on that! xD

Third, the new anti-cheat system. The new anti-cheat system is fantastic! To quote Devin (Lead Developer) "our new anti-cheat system can now detect and punish for an even wider range of hacks". with that said, im up for anything to get rid of hackers! xD

And lastly, something that actually did not come out in this update but will be added in the very near future. Something that has been very highly anticipated. Solo SG has been announced and will be added very shortly. I myself will be using this game mode for a majority of my SG recordings because teams can ruin my games and get in the way of my playing. So I think that this new game mode is a step up for everyone who actively plays on the server.

Thank you everyone for sticking around, and if you made it this far in the thread tell me what you guys think of what I wrote. What do you guys think of the new update? And is there anything you guys might want to see get changed in the future? Let me know down below! <3

DctrCluck

Tribute
Reaction score
Nice job on viewing the points the server needs and the upcoming things on the server

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everyone, today i'm posting this because ive had about a week to reflect on the changes made to the MCGamer Network and i'm here to tell what I have thought and listen to what you guys have thought about it.

So first of all, the update caused a tremendous, amount of lag on the server due to the 1.7 release. This was fixed fairly quickly but this was a downfall to me because it was a struggle to get a recording with that going on against me. There was not much they could have done about the lag, when they first switched but that's over now and lets move on.

Second, the new hub, I have found to be an amazing step up from the previous hub, due to the fact that games that people found to be not fun or unpopular, were removed from the hub. This makes the hub look very clean and simplistic. I again love the new hub in comparison to the last however there is one thing about the new hub that I wish MCGamer would have kept. That is separate lobby's for separate games. For example, I would go to the survival games hub when I access SG through my compass. I really liked that feature and it is now simply a part of the hub. With the addition of a lot more base hubs, I wish there was some sort of feature in a plugin of some sorts to evenly distribute the amount of players in a single hub to prevent lag in one single hub. This is just an Idea but if any developers see this, you should get on that! xD

Third, the new anti-cheat system. The new anti-cheat system is fantastic! To quote Devin (Lead Developer) "our new anti-cheat system can now detect and punish for an even wider range of hacks". with that said, im up for anything to get rid of hackers! xD

And lastly, something that actually did not come out in this update but will be added in the very near future. Something that has been very highly anticipated. Solo SG has been announced and will be added very shortly. I myself will be using this game mode for a majority of my SG recordings because teams can ruin my games and get in the way of my playing. So I think that this new game mode is a step up for everyone who actively plays on the server.

Thank you everyone for sticking around, and if you made it this far in the thread tell me what you guys think of what I wrote. What do you guys think of the new update? And is there anything you guys might want to see get changed in the future? Let me know down below! <3
Personally, I love the downgrade back to 1.7, it was more an upgrade than a downgrade IMO. I noticed a decrease of extreme reach with the addition of 1.7 once again, pvp seems more fair and fun again!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm super glad we have taken the correct steps in listening o the community and pushing out updates that are wanted. Givin' the devs a huge pat on the back c:

Vestre

Diamond
Reaction score
Great post, i really enjoy the new update and i hope there will be more community updates in the future if it´s needed :)

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I appreciate the update, just don't agree parts with it, but great job with it either way. ;)

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
You reviewed this very well and i honestly think that its good and bad for certain people because some cant even play cause of how used they were to 1.8. <3
[Jack]

Have what It Takes to Become Mod? Apply Here
Were You unfairly banned/muted? Appeal Here
Catch someone Using Hacks? Report Here

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Aside from minor glitches, I have absolutely 0 negative things to say about the update and what's to come. I love 1.7, I'm happy we limited the number of games on the servers... I just love everything and how it is. MCGamer is going in a completely positive path right now, just in time for summer! :D

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Aside from minor glitches, I have absolutely 0 negative things to say about the update and what's to come. I love 1.7, I'm happy we limited the number of games on the servers... I just love everything and how it is. MCGamer is going in a completely positive path right now, just in time for summer! :D
Well Put *Claps Hands*

K

KiDD

Anti-CHEAP taking my bans? Forget this.

No, the anti-cheat is awesome and all in all, it's pretty awesome. Some people complain about 1.7, but it's all good. And Solo SG is what I'm happiest about, I cannot wait.

All in all, great update in my opinion.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I don't know if it is just me but I have been loosing many games lately. I am probably just not used to 1.7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci