• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The next chapter for MCGamer arrives on November 12, 2014!

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
These leaderboards are going to be a lot of fun! Thank you staff and devs for putting this awesome update together. Can't wait!
This time I'LL be number 1 and get to say "number 3 how dare you talk to number 1!" :p

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't be a bigger fan of the new website, but how is it any different from Hive's website?

Sorry for being judgmental, but this kind of crazy how similar the sites look.
Fox, Danny // Applez87 TheRealAussie Being a Minecraft community, any large network will have similar content being displayed (IPs, gametypes, characters, etc) which could create an illusion that it looks the same. From down to the core and coloration, this is a 100% original template from the designer who built this from the ground up.

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score
I actually really like almost all of this. One question- I was told at some point that the idea of a legacy rank might be put in place for those taking top 100 on the legacy leaderboards with the same permissions as platinum. Was this ever confirmed? Because it's certainly deserved...

Baaclan

Tribute
Reaction score
I honestly can't wait for the update- it looks amazing and I'm assure it will be amazing.

I can't wait for the new forum's too, they look amazing and astounding. I have heard there possibly could be a Mobile App in the making? It could be a rumor but the mobile site sounds even better!

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
So you're saying you didn't take anything from the design of Hive's website? Anyways, look at Mineplex's site. Theirs is original.

Audentio

Spectator
Reaction score
So you're saying you didn't take anything from the design of Hive's website? Anyways, look at Mineplex's site. Theirs is original.
Well.
  • Mineplex has 4 links, we have n links, so we cannot do a header like that, McGamer needs a bar. Oh HiveMC has a bar too. Must be the same design.
  • Mineplex doesnt seem to have servers or gametypes. We do. Oh so does HiveMC. Must be the same design.
  • McGamer needs to display those gametypes. We can either make a huge list of them or a nice slider so people can see them quickly. Oh HiveMC wants that as well. Must be the same design.
  • McGamer is mobile/responsive. Hives is not.
You're comparing 2 sites in the same niche. The same GAME. There are going to be consistencies. That said, I did not reference the Hive in any way whatsoever. This is a 100% unique design.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Well.
  • Mineplex has 4 links, we have n links, so we cannot do a header like that, McGamer needs a bar. Oh HiveMC has a bar too. Must be the same design.
  • Mineplex doesnt seem to have servers or gametypes. We do. Oh so does HiveMC. Must be the same design.
  • McGamer needs to display those gametypes. We can either make a huge list of them or a nice slider so people can see them quickly. Oh HiveMC wants that as well. Must be the same design.
  • McGamer is mobile/responsive. Hives is not.
You're comparing 2 sites in the same niche. The same GAME. There are going to be consistencies. That said, I did not reference the Hive in any way whatsoever. This is a 100% unique design.
Welcome to MCGamer... we're community members like to link us and a bee hive. C:

CashingChecks

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm excited! I'm glad that this server's administration has decided to upgrade this community into a better gaming environment. Thanks MCSG!

Within the next week, we are releasing the big update what our development team has been cooking up for the last year. I wanted to share with you some of the new features you can expect within our system if you haven’t already seen by visiting our preview network (preview.mcgamer.net). Here’s a brief list of some of the features you can look forward to.

New website with mobile site!

New hub system! Never get lost locating your friends as servers for each game will be on their own mini hub!

Party/Friends Systems! Easily join servers with your friends and keep track of where they are within the network.

Six new game modes from the AntVenom Network! Introducing Deadly Descent, Rocket Rumble, Survival Bingo, Color Zone, Hungry Games, and Party Time.

New perks for our premium members including a toggle silent join functionality! More perks announced closer to release.

New advanced leaderboards system. Overall (all data since the beginning of our community), V2 Leaderboards, Trending, regional, dailies, weeklies, monthlies, per game data and more!

For a detailed explanation of our new leaderboards and also any questions/comments about how it works, please visit this post for all the info you need to know: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/global-leaderboards-update-coming-soon.146861/ (We appreciate you keep your topics about it in that thread)

Dynamically allocated servers! Gone are the days of little to no free servers for a smaller, but popular game type. MCGamer v2 includes servers that dynamically switch to account for the current load! As an example, if MCTF2 is getting full, it’ll automatically have more servers added, allowing new users to keep joining (and hopefully eliminating full servers). We like to call it magic, but it’s really just a lot of code. (MAGIC: Magically Allocating Games In Code).

Reports and you. Introducing XAC (pronounced “Zack”), our new Anti-Cheat System. XAC is a sentient being whose goal in life is to make sure that we find as many hackers as we possibly can. XAC will talk directly with the staff team, allowing us to find those pesky hackers sooner and take them out sooner. Now, here’s the fun part: We’ve also added a new report command within the game that will allow you to report rule breakers from the comfort of your game. Just type in their name, what they did, and blam! No more having to find a mod to deal some swift justice.

Lastly, new maps for MCSG and other gametypes!

PrimalAU

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow! Chad it looks rly good and I like the new party command. I think the devs have done a great job!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci