• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The problem with me getting denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasquez20

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been in the mcgamer community for well over a year, and decided that it's time for me to give back. One way I saw to give back to the community is applying for moderator, I applied and got declined the first couple of minutes. I understand why I got declined the first time, so I rewrote my responses and added more detail and all my responses ended up being more than 1000 words. I know what you might be saying that a lot of words doesn't mean a moderator applicator is going to be good! But I wrote in such great detail and explained that it was my time to give back! I got denied several times more, and is honestly stupid because I see people being accepted as moderators when their responses are probably one of the shortest I've ever seen. I could send screenshots of several well known people being accepted as moderators when their application is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Well known people getting accepted with short responses hints to favoritism and if that's what the community has gonna to, then I don't want any part of it! Don't lock the thread I want several opinions being expressed, especially opinions of senior moderators and possibly, administrators!

If you want the screenshots just message me, or you can just go through your database.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well-known people are often more likely to be accepted because they have already shown fitness for the job in their public actions.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
What RC said. ^^^

Also, 1000 words really isn't all that much. I know they say "quality over quantity", but you might need more quanity! ;)

I'm only allowed to give you helpful pointers. For example, make sure there are absolutely no grammatical errors when you submit your application. Also, make sure you answer everything in the most detail possible! Before you apply again, I suggest you spend more time on the MCGamer teamspeak and the forums.

All of these things I suggested will certainly help your cause. Although I can't give you specifics on help with certain parts of your application, I wish you good luck! ^_^

On to the next part of your discussion:

If members are getting accepted as moderator, it has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. Most likely, they have already proven themselves worthy of a shot through their prior actions in their history at the community. Nobody, not even well known members, will get accepted if their applications aren't good enough.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is supposed to be locked, but how did you manage to see other people's applications? You are not supposed to be able to read them.
vasquez20
Edit: This has been resolved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci