• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The sad truth (Hackers and Cheaters)

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hackers have been quite common these days. On bad days I can see up to 4 each game.
But what if I told you that the number of people using unfair mods or hacks is much much much much higher than what you think...
Lets take a trip over to a rather popular pvp server "Badlion" where two of their staff members were banned for triggerbot and clicking over an autoclicker

"I have a list of semi to very well known people, even staff and ex-staff candidates, who have been detected in the last few weeks from things that range from very low key clickaimbot, trigger bot, and low key auto clicker (pattern-detection)... Today, I had to ban two staff members that had been detected. They have both admitted to me afterwards that they were indeed cheating and told me what exactly what they were using (one was using a trigger bot, the other was using a low key autoclicker ontop of his normal clicking). From internal testing of a multitude of clients and in game bans we are 100% accurate." (Archybot, badlion owner).

One of the staff members that was banned is someone named Dualzz
The funny part is...
No one suspected a thing... when you fought him it looked normal, it just looked like you were fighting someone who was really really good

Dualzz was using triggerbot.

Just because someone looks like they're good doesn't mean they don't hack. You'd be surprised how many people cheat these ways (Click aimbot, Triggerbot, Autoclicker) as all of them are very difficult to detect.

Without your help MCSG staff and devs these people will NEVER be caught.

The badlion spent months of time developing this ncp named anticheat. This no cheat can tell exactly how fast someone was clicking at any given point in time, detect patterns in peoples clicking, detect if you are swinging faster in a certain range, and detect which part of a entity you are swinging at the most.

I do understand that this is badlion, but still. We need something like this, again you'd be surprised how many people cheat with autoclicker or something.

ChadTheDJ
subv3rsion
KellieBreanne
Ceroria
StaticReach
Mooclan (Decided to put you here cause you have good opinions lel)

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
You literally provided the problem in your argument

The badlion network spent MONTHS of their time making that plugin

With the developers, their time is constantky taken up with fixing bugs and releasing major content like mcgamer v2. They simply don't have the time with what is on their plate at the moment to focus solely on an anti cheat like the bad lion network did

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
What if someone can jitter click extremely fast? How about that? If the system bans a player that is skilled in jitter clicker thinking he/she uses click aimbot, truggerbot, etc, what would they do?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hackers have been quite common these days. On bad days I can see up to 4 each game.
But what if I told you that the number of people using unfair mods or hacks is much much much much higher than what you think...
Lets take a trip over to a rather popular pvp server "Badlion" where two of their staff members were banned for triggerbot and clicking over an autoclicker

"I have a list of semi to very well known people, even staff and ex-staff candidates, who have been detected in the last few weeks from things that range from very low key clickaimbot, trigger bot, and low key auto clicker (pattern-detection)... Today, I had to ban two staff members that had been detected. They have both admitted to me afterwards that they were indeed cheating and told me what exactly what they were using (one was using a trigger bot, the other was using a low key autoclicker ontop of his normal clicking). From internal testing of a multitude of clients and in game bans we are 100% accurate." (Archybot, badlion owner).

The funny part is...
No one suspected a thing... when you fought him it looked normal, it just looked like you were fighting someone who was really really good

Dualzz was using triggerbot.

Just because someone looks like they're good doesn't mean they don't hack. You'd be surprised how many people cheat these ways (Click aimbot, Triggerbot, Autoclicker) as all of them are very difficult to detect.

Without your help MCSG staff and devs these people will NEVER be caught.

The badlion spent months of time developing this ncp named anticheat. This no cheat can tell exactly how fast someone was clicking at any given point in time, detect patterns in peoples clicking, detect if you are swinging faster in a certain range, and detect which part of a entity you are swinging at the most.

I do understand that this is badlion, but still. We need something like this, again you'd be surprised how many people cheat with autoclicker or something.

ChadTheDJ
subv3rsion
KellieBreanne
Ceroria
StaticReach
Mooclan (Decided to put you here cause you have good opinions lel)
Oh, it was just my "ping". Can't tell you how many times I've seen that one used in the clan scene....

Hacking is low, it's one of the most prominent ways to cheat in Minecraft, and especially the PvP aspect of it. And we are working as hard as we can to detect even the most sly hackers/togglers.

You literally provided the problem in your argument

The badlion network spent MONTHS of their time making that plugin

With the developers, their time is constantky taken up with fixing bugs and releasing major content like mcgamer v2. They simply don't have the time with what is on their plate at the moment to focus solely on an anti cheat like the bad lion network did
In our developers defense, they did in fact spend many more than just months to develop Xime, and improve it, it's been in the planning for quite some time, and many times the devs can't work on bugs and spend as much time on cosmetic implementations because they are working on improving our anti cheat system.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a lot easier to implement things on a smaller community, especially one that is 1/5 of our current size (checked just now, which is admittedly an off time) with relatively few gametypes to work on. Our Devs just can't behave like small community Devs when we aren't small community: they're Devs for one of the largest networks out there. We have the ability to do it, but we just don't have the time or focus as they can afford (at the moment).

That being said, I believe that the Devs actually added a catch for auto clicker, thanks to some information that was passed onto us after a clan meeting. I would like to see what progress has been made for Triggerbot (whatever that is) and click aimbot.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, If devs are implementing a plugin to detect aimbot that would be amazing:)

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What if someone can jitter click extremely fast? How about that? If the system bans a player that is skilled in jitter clicker thinking he/she uses click aimbot, truggerbot, etc, what would they do?
It has patten detection.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh, it was just my "ping". Can't tell you how many times I've seen that one used in the clan scene....

Hacking is low, it's one of the most prominent ways to cheat in Minecraft, and especially the PvP aspect of it. And we are working as hard as we can to detect even the most sly hackers/togglers.

In our developers defense, they did in fact spend many more than just months to develop Xime, and improve it, it's been in the planning for quite some time, and many times the devs can't work on bugs and spend as much time on cosmetic implementations because they are working on improving our anti cheat system.
Edit- Years, and I'm not trying to criticize mcsg's staff team but like...

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
The funny part is...
Nah, it's just that he was staff/respected, so nobody called him out for it. A lot of people thought he did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci