• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Server Restart, and a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathadris

Spectator
Reaction score
Now Ive always enjoyed these servers alot, but when the servers started restarting i found it impossible to join because as soon as the server would show it was back up, it would already be full so I can't play anymore.

So heres my suggestion, instead of Restarting after every game, How about just getting or making a Plugin that auto-kicks people AFK for a certain time from the game? If the "Ghosting" was the reason surley this would fix the problem since they don't move.

GoldXD

Spectator
Reaction score
The problem is that the "Ghost" are not actually in the game, so there is nobody to kick

I do agree tho, its almost impossible for me to get into a game now, but hopefully 1.3 will fix the ghosting issue

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree with you, I still try to join a server, but it's impossible.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
People really need to read the announcements. :/

In theory trying to autokick ghosts is a good idea, but like gold said, you cant kick a ghost, nor can you kill it or ban it. sadly. The reason chad and the crew chose the restarting solution because its the only solution known to work.

Final note, what i do to get in a game is to find a game near dm and wait for it to end, i usually try to join it before it ends and then refresh after it restarts about 20 secs after then every 5 secs, and i can usually join a game as one of the first 24.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
I think this is just a craftbukkit problem, so it should be fine in 1.3 or in 1.2.5R4.0

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
As plugin dev i would like to address this question. To bring everyone up to date there is a major minecraft problem of ghosting when a player lags out while logging in. This has been traced back to minecraft as even in vanilla servers there is a ghosting issue. The "ghosts" are just if you will a "wireframe" of a player that contains all the data and frills of a real player but they are invincible and impossible to get rid of.

As for dealing with the "ghosts" they are impossible to kick, ban, kill or anything of any nature. There is only one solution. To restart the servers. Sadly bukkit is unable to fix this issue as it is internal to minecraft.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
By the way, I didn't saw a single ghost since 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci