• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The solution to the 'gg' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Now, we all frankly know that everyone hates being "GG'd" and automatically interprets it as an insult, so is there a solution for this problem? Well yes.

I find in the majority of cases when people are meaning to offend they say "gg 10 hearts" "gg rekt noob", that kind of stuff. Now where does this lead us? Assuming the majority use those terms:

A) Allow the word 'GG' however if in the case of someone saying "rekt" or "10 hearts" use the following offenses for abuse. It's obvious, if someone's telling you that you're bad and smack talking it's obviously abuse, borderline or not if it causes such a controversy why not disallow it?

B) Completely block the term of GG, QQ and the such. Make it an abusive offence.

Opinions are appreciated. c:

FlyonReborn

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't get why people get so upset about somebody saying gg. It's a video game for crying out loud.
Ok, imagine this. You work hard to win a game, including you taking down a team of 2 that was stacked in a water fight. Then a water walker cleans you up, would you not expect to throw my computer against a wall? Then he said "rekt m8"

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, imagine this. You work hard to win a game, including you taking down a team of 2 that was stacked in a water fight. Then a water walker cleans you up, would you not expect to throw my computer against a wall? Then he said "rekt m8"
... As I said before. It's a game.

DK

Platinum
Reaction score
I only hate when people say GG and they are a stacked team. But, the meaning of GG has changed drastically, it has gone from showing you are a good sport, to being the worst insult in a game. I don't think its to much of a problem to go as far as making it being not able to say.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To be honest darkrai,
and with a server as popular as MCSG is, you can not go around expecting everyone to feel sorry when they kill you. (Dont want to start any flame) So basically,
The fact I've merely said I don't care and are just posing a solution to this. Out of us two, I always see you complaining when you die to me lol. Also mate, if you didn't want to flame you'd merely get off the thread. Feel free to continue in a PM.

(Am just going to put it out there, Idrc about this, just saw a thread and people seemed kinda upset, a solution that benefits everyone <3)

meblubs23

Platinum
Reaction score
I totally agree with ya. Its very annoying when people say "gg rekt noob" when they didnt really rek meh :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci