• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Stance of the 2016 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
(Yes -- I know I haven't been on the forums in a while! Hello everyone!)

As you all may know -- we are down to three candidates - Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and Donald Trump.

I have a bit to say about each of them: (My opinion)

Hillary Clinton:
Being that I'm a Democrat, I do agree with most of what she says, but I think her stance on the economy isn't as good as Bernie's. (Considering she is an 'establishment' candidate and has made tons of money from Wall Street alone). Tons of people will say that even Trump is better then Hillary, but I really don't see how that's possible. Everyone prematurely calls Hillary a 'criminal' or as Trump would say 'crooked'. I haven't looked a ton into the Benghazi situation - which I need to - but from what I've read so far it sounded like an honest mistake. A horrible mistake, but a mistake. And the e-mail server thing is just plain stupid. People say that she shouldn't be able to run for president since she's 'under FBI investigation', but in-reality, she's been 'under investigation' ever since it happened, and she hasn't been charged with anything. Hillary is my #2 choice out of the 3.

Bernie Sanders:
Bernie if definitely my favorite candidate in the 2016 election. People that don't understand the economy at all will say that Bernie will destroy our economy with his idea for free public college and by raising minimum wage to $15, but I really don't see what everyone is so concerned about. Some say that since he wants to give free public college, our taxes will be extremely inflated, and while our taxes will go up, so will the minimum wage, therefore creating more tax money, and also with his idea for the legalization of recreational marijuana, that would generate millions more in tax money. Not to mention cutting military spending - one small military jet could send 100 (don't remember source) people to college, and our Air Force never even use half of our planes. Bernie is my #1 choice out of the 3, but I think he needs to do the right thing and DROP OUT AND ENDORSE HILLARY. He is splitting the Democratic party, which will lead to an easy win for Trump. Crazy Bernie supporters are saying that they'll write in Bernie's name, but in reality, a vote for Bernie in the general election is a vote for Trump.

Donald Trump:
Donald Trump honestly makes me ashamed to live in America. I honestly don't even know how he won the republican nomination. I certainly don't agree with Republicans views, but I would have MUCH preferred someone like Marco Rubio, I could deal with him. Trump is completely racist towards everyone except for whites, sexist as hell, and has no concept of foreign policy. He has mentioned before that if we build a wall, it will keep all the Mexicans out, because they have a wall in China and they don't have any problems with Mexicans. It's just mind-boggling how stupid this man is. What is a wall actually going to do? Absolutely nothing. There are millions of tunnels under the wall anyways, and plus, who's gonna grow all your food Mr. Trump? Don't even get me started on the ban of Muslims entering and leaving the U.S. I'm an Atheist, but I feel people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. Radical Islam is COMPLETELY different then the Muslim religion.

Have any thoughts?

According to ISideWith.com, I side with Bernie on 98% of issues, Hillary 96% and Trump 29%. It's a great resource if you're not sure exactly where you stand.

*PLEASE NO FLAME, I JUST WANT TO HAVE A DISCUSSION*

Quantum
Reaction score
This belongs in the 'Off-Topic' section.

Omri

Career
Reaction score
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
#Vote4Trump

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really care for the election since I'm from Israel but I think Bernie should win in all seriousness
You probably should care because of Trump gets into power he will go bomb your home country because it will make America great again

Discouraged

Spectator
Reaction score
I support Trump.

Though his rhetoric seems a bit extreme, the general ideas of his policies are good.

For instance, I really don't see an issue with limiting immigration from "high-risk" countries and perhaps subjecting followers of a historically violent religion to extensive background checks before letting them in, and rejecting any potential threat, however small it is.

The proposed wall is not simply a wall, but also includes the plan of a strong border, meaning more guards, more checkpoints, etc. I believe attempting to prevent the flow of illegal immigrants is not a bad idea.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
My political ideology is very liberal; however, I will never consider myself a Democrat (and definitely not a Republican) because of how corrupt the two-party system is. The primary election system is completely rigged and doesn't work democratically.

On the Republican side, the race was rigged against Donald Trump. Though I disagree with him, he appeals to the majors of GOP voters. Despite efforts by the GOP to prevent Trump as their nominee, he won and will be their nominee.

On the Democrat side, the DNC has rigged the election towards Hillary Clinton since day one. The first way in which they did this was using superdelegates. Before the first ballot was even cast, 400 superdelegates pledged to vote for her. This put her with 10 percent of the needed delegates before a single person even voted. Furthermore, they have slashed polling places in states like Arizona and Puerto Rico. People in Puerto Rico had to wait hours just to fill out a ballot. Working class people who tend to vote for Bernie could not waste hours of their day to cast a ballot. In addition to all that, mainstream media (CNN, Fox News, CBS, MSNBC, etc.) have given Hillary favorable coverage. Despite being explicitly asked by the DNC not to include superdelegates in their delegate estimates, they have. This gives Clinton a larger lead than she actually has. On top of all that, the exit polls have not reflected the actual vote in most all states. For example, in New York the exit polls had Clinton winning by 4. Instead, however, she won by 15. This is just one example. The exit polls on the Republican side have been spot on, but not on the Democrat side. This can only lead one to believe that some serious redistribution of the votes has been done in some states. Finally, the closed primary system has excluded millions from the primaries. Because only those registered as Democrat can vote in many states, Hillary has won. When independents vote, Bernie racks up huge wins and upsets such as in Michigan.

The general election will most likely be Hillary Clinton versus Donald Trump. In this case, I would not (if I could) vote for either. This is not time for the lesser of two evils election. We need bold change. The only two candidates offering that are Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci