• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The State of AU

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
Honestly couldn't give a crap about clans, as not being in one or never experienced the pain of DoS and such. If I ever encounter a CB, I usually just leave, and be done.

While the hacker issue might not seem big towards others, I find it actually the opposite ; I at least encounter one each couple of games, which really pisses me off, and causes me to be quite toxic (in which I don't like :c)

The community is ughh also. Basically, you are surrounded by
  • People who want to advertise their channel (in which I know is allowed, but they basically spam tf out of it)
  • People feuding over others being 'nub'
  • People misleading players : './seppuku for speed boost' or './v 3 for Valleyside' (to which it ended up by being Breeze Island)
  • People bypassing the filter (I've seen people use carnt as an alternative to another word, to which I'm sure you can guess)
  • People who complain about teams and how pathetic they are (lol, one of them)
and of course, who couldn't forget, gg10getr3ktnosc0pednobgoml

in which I still don't see why they've not put them as censored words, because personally, I feel they should be.

Also, mods should be given access to the whole server chat, and not the pissy little radius... I mean, one time, both a mod and I were in the same game, and someone said

'I hope you get cancer and die'

to which I really took offence to, and a Mod couldn't do anything, and I was left helpless :p

I also ask of this because of all the bull that goes on in the spectators chat. This would be useful to find people who constantly harass others, and help a mod know that there may be a so called hacker in the game, and to keep an eye on them.

Been here for about 3-4 weeks now, it's a great server, to which I get the best connection to, but is ruined by what I've said above, and I hope you guys can fix it.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Its just the people that play AU. They make everyone, when people get angry flame happens. When flame happens, war happens. Literally, AU has not alot of hackers, just the people that play it are honestly annoying. Hence, why I play US.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I think another issue around AU servers may be that many of the players have little respect for the staff, or not view them as players from other regions do. I often see that when I join the AU hub, many people remark "Finally a mod" or when there is more than one moderator online, they often say "wow, so many staff" yet compared to hub 8 on US for example, AU is understaffed.

I think that people of AU just don't have a very positive impression of the moderators and staff, and really, all AU staff can help improve that, by simply being there and being helpful, mature and kind, as we always are to show this player base we're here to help, not to be shouted out in hubs when we aren't getting hackers fast enough.

So yes, I agree AU may have it's community issues, but there's good in the bad, and I do it for the good :)

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Users from other regions like EU think ua is a clean place to be, however in the past month I've reported at least 15 hackers from Au, each session of play for me I will encounter at least 3 hackers, this is playing for 1-2 hours, and I don't always have the ability to record these users, just this weekend I was playing with 2 other friends and we were all full iron diamond swords and this Steve, runs straight up to us and has hacks like the devil, flying round 3 blocks above the ground, hacking up a storm and manages to kill two of us, the last one of us killing him on half a heart to win the game, it's ridiculous. Unfortunately I only have the chance to record around 1/4 hackers I see, as I might not have fraps open or I just get killed instantly before I'm able to beging recording, and even if I do stay there and spectate the whole game compiling evidence, and upload it, that user doesn't even face a short ban.

This is why I think AU needs more active moderators, or a clean sweep operation to rid the servers of all of these hackers.

I love the community on AU, I've made many friends here and become relatively well know, the game for me now is more about having fun than going for wins or ratios. So to all those banging out our community, don't because saying that, is doing that. If belive au is bad the. That is how you will forever experience it, if you perceive au as good, then you'll have a great time.

I've been thinking about applying for moderator as I really want to make AU the cleanest and most enjoyable community for all. But I have my end of year exams over the next month so will most likely do this at the end of that.

AU is a great place to be. If your nice to others, you will in return revive kindness. Be nice to others and they will be nice to you.

Au has hackers, au has people that make your frustrated. Report the hackers and avoid the flame pushers, and eventually the both will subside.

Excuse the poor grammar as this was written quickly in class.

Last edited:

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
There were heaps in the holidays (AU just recently had Term 3 holidays). At first I couldn't play a game without dying to a hacker. But I reckon AU is generally fine and that there doesn't need to be a CleanSweep. It's the fact AU isn't use to seeing hackers that when we do, we start saying "Oh no, Au is infected with hackers now". I'm also really liking how many new AU mods are being hired, it's really nice to see :)

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Users from other regions like EU think ua is a clean place to be, however in the past month I've reported at least 15 hackers from Au, each session of play for me I will encounter at least 3 hackers, this is playing for 1-2 hours, and I don't always have the ability to record these users, just this weekend I was playing with 2 other friends and we were all full iron diamond swords and this Steve, runs straight up to us and has hacks like the devil, flying round 3 blocks above the ground, hacking up a storm and manages to kill two of us, the last one of us killing him on half a heart to win the game, it's ridiculous. Unfortunately I only have the chance to record around 1/4 hackers I see, as I might not have fraps open or I just get killed instantly before I'm able to beging recording, and even if I do stay there and spectate the whole game compiling evidence, and upload it, that user doesn't even face a short ban.

This is why I think AU needs more active moderators, or a clean sweep operation to rid the servers of all of these hackers.

I love the community on AU, I've made many friends here and become relatively well know, the game for me now is more about having fun than going for wins or ratios. So to all those banging out our community, don't because saying that, is doing that. If belive au is bad the. That is how you will forever experience it, if you perceive au as good, then you'll have a great time.

I've been thinking about applying for moderator as I really want to make AU the cleanest and most enjoyable community for all. But I have my end of year exams over the next month so will most likely do this at the end of that.

AU is a great place to be. If your nice to others, you will in return revive kindness. Be nice to others and they will be nice to you.

Au has hackers, au has people that make your frustrated. Report the hackers and avoid the flame pushers, and eventually the both will subside.

Excuse the poor grammar as this was written quickly in class.
Well you must have bad luck lol. The hackers aren't the issue, it our community.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a famous hacking Russian youtuber had his fans come onto EU to hack there after he got banned from mcsg?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci