• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Summer Update - 1.7, Refocusing, and More!

Jake_MCSG

Platinum
Reaction score
1.8 Blocks on new maps? Unfortunately yes, 1.8 blocks cannot be used on maps anymore. They will simply revert to a block that is contained in 1.7 upon being uploaded to the servers.
On the plus side, most of the blocks in 1.8 were cosmetic, so we didn't lose much functionality in the servers at all. Slimeblocks were the only concern, and they were not commonly used.
OHHH i was working on a map www.mcgamer.net/threads/terra-volitare.190600/ and i am using A LOT of 1.8 "cosmetic" blocks. for instance the contrast between oak planks and birch fences makes for good detail. :( i hope mcsg updates to 1.9 (because of course that will include 1.8) and i can submit my map then.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Eh, I don't like the solo servers, it basically means that most solo players will play on solo servers, leaving only teams on the other serves, which then in turn means that those who actually want a challenge playing against solo players and teams will not be able to. Basically we'll be forced to choose between testing our skills on solo players, or testing all of our skills. I guess it makes it easier to compare skills between players as there are less random factors, but it's still too much easier than normal servers, oh well, I'll just play where the good players play.

A point of concern I have is:
Any evidence of teaming between two or more players... teaming up against a player in combat
So what does this mean when three solo players show up? How do you fight each other equally? Sometimes you just team up on one player, it's strategy. If there's a guy in full diamond and you're both in iron, even if you're not friends it just makes more sense to kill the diamond guy rather than kill the iron guy and get cleaned up.

Ideal

Platinum
Reaction score
Yaaaaas! I am so looking forward to the future updates! Very satisfied that the server is now 1.7 compatible again.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
So what does this mean when three solo players show up? How do you fight each other equally? Sometimes you just team up on one player, it's strategy. If there's a guy in full diamond and you're both in iron, even if you're not friends it just makes more sense to kill the diamond guy rather than kill the iron guy and get cleaned up.
Admins and Sr. Staff discussed what constitutes Teaming at the last staff meeting. In a situation like this, it's okay if two players team up on a third temporarily to remove him from the fight.

However, after the third player is dispatched, then we would expect that the remaining two players would engage each other thereafter. However, if they do not engage each other, and they stay in the immediate vicinity of each other without confrontation, this suggests a truce or team was established which would then be punishable.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
I find it just a little bit irrelevant to bring back 1.7 about everyone has already gotten used to 1.8. I mean, 1.7 was overall the better version to begin with but it's been almost a year already with 1.8 only on MCSG. Why do it now?
1.8 only update was in February 2015... It hasn't even been half a year with it?

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
I hope others were thinking this along with me, I love the idea of Solo-Survival Games, however those who want to team, or go solo and take teams out, may be wondering how the player-base will fluctuate once we do implement this new way of playing Survival Games. Will Solo-Survival Games be getting 10x the players of regular Survival Games? Or will it be taking half the players who enjoy going solo and playing on solo servers, along with the regular Survival Games player base?

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Solo SG?

MCSG = The new SGC

*Sighs* I'll leave my ranting for later… thanks for the updates anyways! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci