• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The "Survival" Games

eueu987

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, before I start, can you please read through the whole thread before hating on me for this. I have been playing Survival Games since it came out. I was (and still am) a HUGE fan of The Hunger Games series! I was extremely excited when I saw Team Vareide had finally made my dream of playing in The Hunger Games come true. Since there wasn't-and still isn't-a one off hunger games game, I thought it was great we could play it on Minecraft! Before I started MCSG, I was so desperate to play I waited an hour in a lobby for the owner to come on and start a game.

Anyway, enough about that. I should get to the point. The reason I made this thread was because of the fact that I saw a poll on the server. I had a look at the votes, and I got very annoyed at it. I think people are forgetting The Hunger Games, and developing The PvP Games. I remember that The Survival Games was similar to the hunger games, in the way you could collect good weapons and armour from spawn, and you would have little food resources. This way, it made the games funner, and more about strategy than FPS, Internet Connection, and some PvP skill. I liked these days, as there were longer games, and I always enjoyed them more. I can understand why people dislike the longer games, however here is idea number 1:

Different servers have different time lengths. You can choose to play on a longer timed server, or if you want to play a quick game, you could play a shorter one. Also, I have noticed that amount of food in chests that you find *cough* pumpkin pie in tier 1s*cough* can be ridiculous, especially considering that The Survival Games is based off The "HUNGER" Games. I think it takes away the element of hiding, and strategies such as that. On a further note, the death-match is a thing some people dislike, and I think there are ways around it, considering the fact MCSG have VERY skilled developers.

I would also like to consider a compromise on this. Take away the abundance of food. Take away death-match. To make a way of games lasting a lot shorter than death-match, I would like to give you an example on what you can do.

Before MCSG, I played on a server on which they had a kind of forcefield, and as the game progressed it would push in toward the middle. It is very similar to the lightning mechanic. It would slowly do damage to people who stayed on the outside, and would push people further in towards each other. After receiving some feedback, I would like to say this could possibly start when deathmatch usually would, so you could explore more of the map. There are many other fun ways of replacing deathmatches, such as the lightning showing where people are. This would stop the quick death-matches, and make the final battle a lot more epic! Furthermore, you could also stop hiding, and people just camping, by adding wolves or something along those lines. A wolf would occasionally spawn next to you, like the mutts in the Hunger Games.

I am not saying I want all these ideas implemented, they are just suggestions on how me and my friend would enjoy the games a lot more, and have more of a Hunger Games feel to it. I will be posting more ideas as I come up with them. Personally, I just want the old "Survival" element, put back into The Survival Games. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this thread, and I hope some things could be agreed on and changed. I know that you can't just click your fingers and make my suggestions appear, but I would be extremely grateful for anything you could do. Anyway, I know this is a controversial topic, so please don't get angry at me. Just state your opinion and ask any questions you want about mine and my friend's ideas. Thanks a lot, eueu987 and Key27. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree, I love the survival element of the survival games and I think nerfing down the chests is a good thing. I don't really like the idea of the forcefeild though I think it will ruin the exploration part of mcsg.

Also I would recomend breaking that wall of text down into some smaller paragraphs otherwise alot of people won't bother reading it

eueu987

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree, I love the survival element of the survival games and I think nerfing down the chests is a good thing. I don't really like the idea of the forcefeild though I think it will ruin the exploration part of mcsg.

Also I would recomend breaking that wall of text down into some smaller paragraphs otherwise alot of people won't bother reading it
Ok, thank you for the feedback :) I changed the main thread, thanks a lot :D

cs218087

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow. Something that needs to be added, but yet forgotten. I bumped this for a good reason, the idea is amazing. BUT, I like deathmatch sometimes. I want there to be different servers for different endings. EX
Servers 1-20 would be Deathmatch
Servers 21-40 would be the forcefield thingy (LOVE this idea)
server 41-60 would kinda allow players to see where everyone is at deathmatch time
and so on and so forth

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Wow. Something that needs to be added, but yet forgotten. I bumped this for a good reason, the idea is amazing. BUT, I like deathmatch sometimes. I want there to be different servers for different endings. EX
Servers 1-20 would be Deathmatch
Servers 21-40 would be the forcefield thingy (LOVE this idea)
server 41-60 would kinda allow players to see where everyone is at deathmatch time
and so on and so forth
This is not bumping it's grave digging. Read the RULES

[B][COLOR=#ff0000]Virtual[/COLOR][/B] use dem' mod powers!!

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Well, it is on topic and the thread was purposefully brought up for continued discussion. There is still a conversation to be had. I think this thread doesn't need to be locked.
fair enough XD. Nice new avatar btw.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be locked, for the reasons RC stated. :3

cs218087

Spectator
Reaction score
Ya, I kinda said that it wasn't grave digging lol so what the other guy said. This is an amazing idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci