• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The values of not teaming.

Frostyyy

Tribute
Reaction score
So I got asked to join a team upon joining a server just now. When I told the guy I only played solo, he chided me for only having two wins (five actually, including EU and beta wins) and got mad when I continued to refuse.
When the game started, I got some armour at the corn, but aside from that I couldn't get my hands on any gear at all (Barely played that particular map), so you could imagine the smug look on said guy's face when he stumbled upon me bumbling around.
At this point I realized the game was probably hopeless, so when he asked me to team up against, I continued to refuse, fleeing all the while. I lost him at several points but kept running into him, starting the whole thing over again (and completely failed to find even a wooden axe the entire time).

In the end I lasted till the death match, during which I hopped around him, punching him in the face and distracting him from the other guy in leather armour until I eventually died.
But even though he ended up winning the game, I still feel a sense of victory over him. He wanted to use me as extra manpower for his own gains, and I stuck by my word that I would never join him even when I had three hearts and low hunger, with no food. Leading him on a wild goose chase half the round only made things sweeter.

Yep. That was fun.

Brodina

Tribute
Reaction score
I only team if Skype is involved, most of the time. People talking to you over a mic just have less chance of betrayal for some reason. I also like to have a laugh :p

BazzBerry

Survivor
Reaction score
If people put you down for your amount of wins, just remember, this is a game. Games are for fun. Just tell them you don't play to win, you play for fun! I have very few wins and I admit, I'm not the greatest at this game, I just enjoy playing and I enjoy the people here.

There is only one person I team with, and that is my real-life friend, and we use Skype to communicate. We don't tend to trust anybody else.

Frostyyy

Tribute
Reaction score
Of course. It didn't upset me, just made me laugh at how frustrated he was getting over such a small thing :P

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
i lag a lot so i understand having low wins :p if someone better equipped tries to take me on i either run till they give up or take them on in my terms giving me the advantage. This doesnt always work but its better than letting them slaughter me :D
Anyway the main point is keep going solo... its much more satisfying when you win if you got it solo

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Most of my wins are soloed, but sometimes it is just fun to play with someone else.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have been number 3 on the US leaderboards before and I don't team. :)

ZenGardena

Experienced
Reaction score
I uphold the traditional staff teaming law, I still always die though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci