• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Well-being of MCSG - From SixZoSeven

Creeper_GG

Diamond
Reaction score
SixZoSeven you have a very well written thread that's brings up a lot of points. With that being said, I think some of the problems draw from the staff team, but not all of the problems come directly from the staff. Regarding the whole developer situation, that's something that's going to have to be done soon, atleast in my eyes. I personally agree with almost every point you came up with. Thank you.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I really like everything you've said here. We need a change, and I think now is the best time to do so. You'd be a great leader here SixZoSeven, no doubt about it!

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Testify!

Normally I read the first 1-2 paragraphs of these things then get bored, actually read the whole thing lol. Not really anything I can disagree on.

I might actually consider rejoining staff if this were the case.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Six, I could probably count on one hand the people I respect as much as I respect you. Frankly, I was a bit surprised after you left the team so soon after gaining the position you did, but I also understand from firsthand experience that things aren't as easy as they look, and especially with managing IRL responsibilities at the same time (I'm pretty sure you were in the same situation two years ago as I am now, going through the challenges of trying to keep up with school work and the burden of everything high school related)

When Jusser made that thread asking for Chad to step down, I found it a bit crazy because even if Chad may not be the most involved or up to date, he's still THE Chad and we can't exactly lose him but I was thinking of a few people throughout the history of the server who would make incredible owners, and your name popped to mind.

Hey, if there's any chance of putting you in a position of high responsibility, I'd be willing to give it another go, and work hard to manage my time to give to quite the worthy cause :')

Edit: A lot of the things you've proposed, a lot of current and ex staff/Sr. Staff members including myself have pushed for, hard so you'd have a very willing team to work with in that case.

Edit 2: Just you alone and your position among a lot of generations of players would definitely attract people back also.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Six, I could probably count on one hand the people I respect as much as I respect you. Frankly, I was a bit surprised after you left the team so soon after gaining the position you did, but I also understand from firsthand experience that things aren't as easy as they look, and especially with managing IRL responsibilities at the same time (I'm pretty sure you were in the same situation two years ago as I am now, going through the challenges of trying to keep up with school work and the burden of everything high school related)

When Jusser made that thread asking for Chad to step down, I found it a bit crazy because even if Chad may not be the most involved or up to date, he's still THE Chad and we can't exactly lose him but I was thinking of a few people throughout the history of the server who would make incredible owners, and your name popped to mind.

Hey, if there's any chance of putting you in a position of high responsibility, I'd be willing to give it another go, and work hard to manage my time to give to quite the worthy cause :')
So for the past two years or so I've been dealing with a lot of house-moving, as well as caring for my elderly grandmother who has alzheimers and dementia. That coupled with a standard day job and school led to me wanting to be able to go home and just...play video games or sleep, haha - Not wanting to sit through 6 hours of meetings that I felt accomplished very little sometimes.

I was also younger back then, and a bit wrong in some ways. I was too involved in trying to be one of the best players, so that didn't help.

There is a way that it does help now, however. I am able to have the perspective of the player, yet also the mindset of a leader.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So for the past two years or so I've been dealing with a lot of house-moving, as well as caring for my elderly grandmother who has alzheimers and dementia. That coupled with a standard day job and school led to me wanting to be able to go home and just...play video games or sleep, haha - Not wanting to sit through 6 hours of meetings that I felt accomplished very little sometimes.

I was also younger back then, and a bit wrong in some ways. I was too involved in trying to be one of the best players, so that didn't help.

There is a way that it does help now, however. I am able to have the perspective of the player, yet also the mindset of a leader.
I can relate to that, especially because there were some issues with mobile platforms that made it hard for me to do work on the go, which I needed to do a lot. Yeah once you let go of the desire to play competitively it's easier and more intriguing to want to manage.

NeverDiePvP

Experienced
Reaction score

Edit: A lot of the things you've proposed, a lot of current and ex staff/Sr. Staff members including myself have pushed for, hard so you'd have a very willing team to work with in that case.

Edit 2: Just you alone and your position among a lot of generations of players would definitely attract people back also.

I just wanna say that your 2nd edit is spot on. Some of my close friends who I play CS with now, we met on MCSG during it's prime and miss it very much. I know that they (and I'm sure they represent many others,) would come back if they heard of SixZoSeven returning to a position of power. I miss the old MCSG. I miss when clans were good and the community wasn't a toxic wasteland filled with DOSSing threats. If SixZoSeven returns I think that many of the other old players would come with him. There might be hope for this server. Honestly if this server continues at the rate it has been at recently, I can't see it lasting more than a couple of months.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Nice thread. You're especially right in the quality over quantity aspect. I find this especially in the build teams, the more players you get on the team then the more unorganized things get. I often see solo builders or small groups outperform groups twice the size or even 10x the size in some cases. Mcgamer build teams to some extent have the same flaw in this way as the staff team; too many builders on too many teams. Heck, why are there four official build teams in the first place? All of the best networks have small, high quality teams. Except mcgamer of course

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Probably the single best thing I've read.

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
Very very good and well explained ideas, I agree with everything that you have stated and not a thought in my mind was to disagree :) It would be great to have you back and working within the network SixZoSeven, I'm sure everyone believes you have the potentional and dedication to build this network into a strong and reliable one :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci