• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Well-being of MCSG - From SixZoSeven

wonderwaffle237

Experienced
Reaction score
I haven't been around much recently but I've heard about recent events and read your thread. I like a lot of your points, besides your handpicked moderators thing. I've been around for a while and I respect you and what you did for the community, but I don't like the idea of one person being the only screen for staff. Not that I don't think you would do great, and I don't think there are a lot of great alternatives, I just don't like the idea of total power in one man's hands. The rest of your points were spot on though, excellent post.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
  • I would just like to say, very well written and planned thread. You stated a lot of goods facts and ideas that could possibly help out, but I just wanted to state some things I had on my mind about your thread. In your thread you started stating that you would "remove" everyone from staff and make a whole new staff team, I don't really get why you would, everyone on the staff team is a hard working person, they are all hard working staff members, yet the community says we don't do anything to help. From what I see there are are about almost the whole staff team on teamspeak and the server helping out, all of the staff have their own special part on the staff team, everyone has something different that makes the staff team great, everyone is hard working like I said.

• Another thing I would like to talk about is how you stated that we should create a whole new "gamemode", I would just like to say as this is a good idea to bring it up, it's not so easy to do, especially since what the community is voting for isn't a new gamemode, it's a gamemode that is already on other servers, but they would just like to see it be added to MCSG. Maybe adding a cool new game would be fun, but no one has really came up with ideas about a gamemode yet. Maybe if the community did something about it that by coming together and fixing the problem we would have more fun gamemodes. I do understand from what you're explaining, a lot of the gamemodes aren't being played and I think we could possibly do something like how the map updates are, the map updates receive a poll on how many times that map was played and if they weren't played enough like the other top maps they get removed. So why don't we make a poll on how many people play on that one gamemode, and we wait maybe a month for the results to happen and we could remove the gamemodes no one plays.

• To be honest the only thing I see about MCSG is how "we promised a Anti-Cheat but how come we haven't received one yet". Let me just tell you one thing a Anti-Cheat isn't as easy to make as you think it is, maybe other servers have created this so called "perfect" anti-cheat but they really haven't, these other servers I have always seen people bypass the anti-cheat, if you call other server anticheats so good than why are they top notch to block everything. Also these other servers have more developers than us, look at our developers, I am pretty sure we only had 5 for a while, but they did such amazing stuff, they fixed bugs, they created a anti-cheat as well but I assume it isn't actually fully released yet, but I would just like to say anti-cheats cant be completed. There are more clients being created by people everyday, and I am pretty sure these other anticheats don't already detect them. But maybe if we had you know like 20 developers like the other servers we would have a lot done by now.

Last edited:

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I haven't been around much recently but I've heard about recent events and read your thread. I like a lot of your points, besides your handpicked moderators thing. I've been around for a while and I respect you and what you did for the community, but I don't like the idea of one person being the only screen for staff. Not that I don't think you would do great, and I don't think there are a lot of great alternatives, I just don't like the idea of total power in one man's hands. The rest of your points were spot on though, excellent post.
I can see what you mean. It'd be more of a way for both the administration and the potentially new staff member to get to know each other. Really what would be sought after is the leader as well as competent administration to be able to briefly speak with new hires. I've talked to some moderators that have been here for months and don't really know a thing about the adminsiration+. It's not usually their fault either - They don't have a chance to get to interact with upper staff as much as some would like to.

I'd much rather see relations develop between staff hierarchy from the get-go. "Handpicked" moderators might not be the best phrasing, admittedly.

Edit: Second reply going to Imanol to prevent double-posting.

• I would just like to say, very well written and planned thread. You stated a lot of goods facts and ideas that could possibly help out, but I just wanted to state some things I had on my mind about your thread. In your thread you started stating that you would "remove" everyone from staff and make a whole new staff team, I don't really get why you would, everyone on the staff team is a hard working person, they are all hard working staff members, yet the community says we don't do anything to help. From what I see there are are about almost the whole staff team on teamspeak and the server helping out, all of the staff have their own special part on the staff team, everyone has something different that makes the staff team great, everyone is hard working like I said.

• -Snip-
I don't think I ever once stated I'd remove the whole current staff team. Actually, yeah, never did I say that.

Having been a staff member, at all three levels of moderation (moderator, sr. moderator, admin), I know how much work and dedication many staff members put in. Trust me.

Don't take this as an aggressive or angry reply by any means, but again, I never once said I'd remove the whole staff team. Not once in the entirety of my post.

Last edited:

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I can see what you mean. It'd be more of a way for both the administration and the potentially new staff member to get to know each other. Really what would be sought after is the leader as well as competent administration to be able to briefly speak with new hires. I've talked to some moderators that have been here for months and don't really know a thing about the adminsiration+. It's not usually their fault either - They don't have a chance to get to interact with upper staff as much as some would like to.

I'd much rather see relations develop between staff hierarchy from the get-go. "Handpicked" moderators might not be the best phrasing, admittedly.

Edit: Second reply going to Imanol to prevent double-posting.

I don't think I ever once stated I'd remove the whole current staff team. Actually, yeah, never did I say that.

Having been a staff member, at all three levels of moderation (moderator, sr. moderator, admin), I know how much work and dedication many staff members put in. Trust me.

Don't take this as an aggressive or angry reply by any means, but again, I never once said I'd remove the whole staff team. Not once in the entirety of my post.
Sorry if I did something incorrect, maybe I misread something. But one thing, it would be cool if the Senior Staff and Adminstration got to know us a little better. Maybe like you said, they could have private conversations with us, maybe get to know what we enjoy doing, because I realized that a lot of the new staff getting accepted don't know a lot of people, I feel like if we had people to talk to, especially like the Mod Buddy system which I think is really fun and helpful to the new staff member.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Sorry if I did something incorrect, maybe I misread something.
Perhaps that's the case - I understand. =D

If a new leader came in here and nuked the entire staff team, that'd cause anarchy across the server. Wouldn't be good.

GoldEllipse

Tribute
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Chad's gone...he knows exactly what's going to happen to MCSG. The developers can't do a whole lot without him and this whole situation is just depressing. I know I've had many ups and downs with MCSG but I never wanted it to come to this. It's still my favorite server and seeing what's unraveling brings a tear to my eye. Revamping the staff team and whatnot most likely won't do anything. It's probably too late. ;~;

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Chad's gone...he knows exactly what's going to happen to MCSG. The developers can't do a whole lot without him and this whole situation is just depressing. I know I've had many ups and downs with MCSG but I never wanted it to come to this. It's still my favorite server and seeing what's unraveling brings a tear to my eye. Revamping the staff team and whatnot most likely won't do anything. It's probably too late. ;~;
You don't have to revamp the staff team, the staff team really isn't the problem at the moment, I know people are saying since a lot of staff are leaving mcsg is going to die. But it really isn't, we need to come together as a community and bring great ideas, maybe bringing up a new gamemode voted by the community could lighten something up, especially since a new gamemode is what we need, but the developers we have are amazing working people they can do a lot of amazing stuff, I am pretty sure we can do this with those left.

Chad is still here by the way, he owns his own company that's why he is so busy, but he is still here and cares. c:

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice. Someone who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about.
Hats off to you, Scott.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci