• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The World's Hardest Game.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
So today while going through old flash games I had tortured myself to play as a child, I came across one that brought back terrible flashbacks of me throwing keyboards, punching walls, and doing other stuff that a nine year old kid under rage, probably shouldn't do.

That game, was literally called The World's Hardest Game: http://armorgames.com/play/1043/

The object's simple, you're a red square that goes through levels trying to get to the green-zone at the end of stages, all while avoiding an unfair amount of blue balls that completely screw up your day.

Did anybody else ever play it? If you have, what level did you get up to before rage-quitting? If you haven't played it, I recommend giving it a try.

I believe if I can remember correctly, I gave up at Wave 24.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, I used to play that when I was younger. :p

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Made it past 8 levels, got about 180 deaths. :p

Btw you guys should look at the leaderboards. There's like about over 300 people who didn't die once! Probably a bunch of hackers. -.-

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Just played it: First run through I only got to level 28, and then it was really late at night so I stopped to get some sleep. I had about 650 deaths.

Just played through it again now, and I got through the whole thing with ~180 deaths.

I've always loved games like these, even since I was a lot younger. They really just don't...frustrate me. At all. These games are like casual play for me most of the time. I've always enjoyed unfair challenges like this one. (Well, some unfair challenges are a different story...that's for another time.)

Because of this, I naturally learned the patterns and everything this game throws at me fairly quickly. As such, in my second run of the game, I did exponentially better. If I played through it again, I could do much better even again, I know I'm capable. Honestly, getting 0 deaths throughout the entirety of the game doesn't sound unfeasible at all, in fact, if I cared enough to do it, I could probably do it fairly easily.

Trust me, the patterns you have to learn in these levels are actually really simple when you're like me and you've played through games like these many times:
The Impossible Game (Mobile.)
IWBTG, (I Wanna Be The Guy - Yeah, you've probably never heard of it before. If you like difficult games like The World's Hardest Game and platformers, you'll probably like this.)
The original Super Monkey Ball on the Gamecube, (9999 play points -- no death run on expert, including master stages. If you've ever played one of the old Super Monkey Ball games (not the new ones) before, then you know how insane of a task that is, especially if you've seen the master stages...Can't tell you how many hours I put into memorizing those 10 stages. Getting to them was hard enough...)
Super Meat Boy, (Played through most worlds without dying/did the extremely tough stages where you can only play as The Kid, can't remember what they're called.)
Kaizo Mario World, (Unfairly tough and popular Super Mario World ROM hack.)
Super Mario Brothers 2, (The Japanese one.)
...and many others.
Honesty, this game was nothing in comparison to some of the challenges those other games throw at you, and with my experience playing them, the patterns here are predictable. (I died way more times in games like IWBTG, and you don't even wanna know how long it took me to get 9999 play points in Super Monkey Ball...)

TL;DR I've played much harder games before, this is nothing to me. :p Once I get into the swing of things, (first playthrough.) these games tend to become increasingly easy for me. I just never quite understood how games like this could frustrate people so much myself, I'm unaffected.

Edit: Just did it again: 132 deaths.

Last edited:

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
Just played it: First run through I only got to level 28, and then it was really late at night so I stopped to get some sleep. I had about 650 deaths.

Just played through it again now, and I got through the whole thing with ~180 deaths.

I've always loved games like these, even since I was a lot younger. They really just don't...frustrate me. At all. These games are like casual play for me most of the time. I've always enjoyed unfair challenges like this one. (Well, some unfair challenges are a different story...that's for another time.)

Because of this, I naturally learned the patterns and everything this game throws at me fairly quickly. As such, in my second run of the game, I did exponentially better. If I played through it again, I could do much better even again, I know I'm capable. Honestly, getting 0 deaths throughout the entirety of the game doesn't sound unfeasible at all, in fact, if I cared enough to do it, I could probably do it fairly easily.

Trust me, the patterns you have to learn in these levels are actually really simple when you're like me and you've played through games like these many times:
IWBTG, (I Wanna Be The Guy - Yeah, you've probably never heard of it before. If you like difficult games like The World's Hardest Game and platformers, you'll probably like this.)
The original Super Monkey Ball on the Gamecube, (9999 play points -- no death run on expert, including master stages. If you've ever played one of the old Super Monkey Ball games (not the new ones) before, then you know how insane of a task that is, especially if you've seen the master stages...Can't tell you how many hours I put into memorizing those 10 stages. Getting to them was hard enough...)
Super Meat Boy, (Played through most worlds without dying/did the extremely tough stages where you can only play as The Kid, can't remember what they're called.)
...and many others.
Honesty, this game was nothing in comparison to some of the challenges those other games throw at you, and with my experience playing them, the patterns here are predictable. (I died way more times in games like IWBTG, and you don't even wanna know how long it took me to get 9999 play points in Super Monkey Ball...)

TL;DR I've played much harder games before, this is nothing to me. :p Once I get into the swing of things, (first playthrough.) these games tend to become increasingly easy for me. I just never quite understood how games like this could frustrate people so much myself, I'm unaffected.
YOU beat Lost Levels? Wow

Have you beat Zelda 2?

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score

...and many others.

The patterns do get pretty repetitive and they are easy to follow, but since I've really only gone in depth in these games as a kid with little patience, I struggled. A lot.

I've seen run-throughs of people beating IWBTG with 0 deaths, and it just boggles me, cause THAT's an entire new ball-game, and I'd consider it to be the hardest game of all time.

Oh yeah, there's also a sequel. If you wanna give that a run for your money, go for it: http://armorgames.com/play/1982/

That game I only made it to Round 10 out of 50.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Have you beat Zelda 2?
Yeah...although I had to get a guide to figure out where to go. Still, the "challenge" part of it I managed to do. (Some of the things you have to fight in that game are...brutal. Some of the others I found little tricks to make easier, though. Like the guys with the shields, whatever they're called, would always be hurt if you hit them in the head with your sword instead of trying the chest/legs. It's as simple as jumping.)

Honestly, in that list I made, lost levels was not nearly the hardest. (Well...that depends. Technically, I only managed to get through it with "continues" or whatever they were called. I had to go through some of the later worlds several times, obviously. It was one of the games in that list I played the least of, thus it being so close to the end. I'll probably revisit it at a later date.)

The patterns do get pretty repetitive and they are easy to follow, but since I've really only gone in depth in these games as a kid with little patience, I struggled. A lot.

I've seen run-throughs of people beating IWBTG with 0 deaths, and it just boggles me, cause THAT an entire new ball-game, and I'd consider it to be the hardest game of all time.

Oh yeah, there's also a sequel. If you wanna give that a run for your money, go for it: http://armorgames.com/play/1982/

That game I only made it to Round 10 out of 50.
MJM239 (Tagging so you know I edited this in.)

People have made it through IWBTG on impossible now? Back when I played it, there was only one guy with recorded gameplay of him doing it, and I don't believe it. (I'm almost completely sure it was fake. He didn't show his game file, and if he actually beat impossible, he would have. I know what a beaten impossible file looks like, and it's really glitchy - he would have wanted to show it off, that is, unless he thought it would make people not believe it.)

I sadly don't have any of my old IWBTG files, but the best I did was Very Hard with less than 50 deaths. (less than 30 maybe? I don't have a good enough memory.) I also played through it on impossible and beat it using some tricks, cheat codes, etc. (I used a trick to keep the bosses beaten when I created a new file. When you died on impossible, you could make a new impossible file really, really fast before all the data was properly deleted and, although you had to start from the starting point, all the bosses would remain defeated. I did this enough times to beat all the bosses, and then, eventually, all in one run, made it from the starting point to The Guy, in which I decided, just for the sake of seeing what a beaten impossible file looked like, used the cheat code to instantly beat him.)

Anyway, guess I'm off to play The Worlds Hardest Game 2. :p

Last edited:

AdvaCompMo

Spectator
Reaction score

...and many others.

Edit: pc game cheats Just did it again: 132 deaths.
Respect. I always get frustrated with games like that.

I dont like tough love.

I need a game that lets me win^^

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah...although I had to get a guide to figure out where to go. Still, the "challenge" part of it I managed to do. (Some of the things you have to fight in that game are...brutal. Some of the others I found little tricks to make easier, though. Like the guys with the shields, whatever they're called, would always be hurt if you hit them in the head with your sword instead of trying the chest/legs. It's as simple as jumping.)

Honestly, in that list I made, lost levels was not nearly the hardest. (Well...that depends. Technically, I only managed to get through it with "continues" or whatever they were called. I had to go through some of the later worlds several times, obviously. It was one of the games in that list I played the least of, thus it being so close to the end. I'll probably revisit it at a later date.)

MJM239 (Tagging so you know I edited this in.)

People have made it through IWBTG on impossible now? Back when I played it, there was only one guy with recorded gameplay of him doing it, and I don't believe it. (I'm almost completely sure it was fake. He didn't show his game file, and if he actually beat impossible, he would have. I know what a beaten impossible file looks like, and it's really glitchy - he would have wanted to show it off, that is, unless he thought it would make people not believe it.)

I sadly don't have any of my old IWBTG files, but the best I did was Very Hard with less than 50 deaths. (less than 30 maybe? I don't have a good enough memory.) I also played through it on impossible and beat it using some tricks, cheat codes, etc. (I used a trick to keep the bosses beaten when I created a new file. When you died on impossible, you could make a new impossible file really, really fast before all the data was properly deleted and, although you had to start from the starting point, all the bosses would remain defeated. I did this enough times to beat all the bosses, and then, eventually, all in one run, made it from the starting point to The Guy, in which I decided, just for the sake of seeing what a beaten impossible file looked like, used the cheat code to instantly beat him.)

Anyway, guess I'm off to play The Worlds Hardest Game 2. :p
Every single one of you're posts are like 1000 words lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci