• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Wyvern's Wake Situation

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
It's not coming back, I don't want it to be on the servers again. This is my decision as the owner of the map nobody elses, so please feel free to direct any hate about this towards me.

So why?
Well, after it was added in April, several months down the line people started turning up with Diamond swords out of furnaces etc, An old mod and friend notified me of the situation and we got a group of mods onto a server in order to search every furnace in the castle area for the diamond sword in the hope that it would be removed, we found it, but it was never removed, the map people didn't get round to it. Anyways, the amount of hassle etc that that map caused me at the time was too much.

I then started to make more maps, after doing this I realised how terrible Wyvern's actually was, whenever I played it I saw all the errors in it slowly began to despise it.

Then all of a sudden, 64 enchanting bottles turn up. More and more OP items were found and as of last saturday it was removed. Good. Let it rest.

To this day I have no idea who placed the items in the furnaces, according to some old hawkeye logs it was me, but deep down I know I did not do this, at the same time, this is not the time to point the finger of blame. Let it go.

In order for new, potentially better maps to go on, old ones have to be removed, so I had a chat with Dave, and have since decided that I don't want Wyverns to go back on. We can't hold onto everything forever, it had to go at some point, I hope in a way that this is the start for map creators to stand up and say, actually I don't think my map is up to standard, "can it be removed".

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Those dragons looked amazing while it lasted! :)

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I always thought of it as a great map!

:3

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
It's a pity to see it go, but the op items were a huge problem. A free diamond sword and tons of enchant levels basically provide an auto-win, barring large teams of hackers and Huahwi. I agree that it wasn't ever the best map, but it was decent and fun to play on, and I'm sorry to see you so disappointed with it.
Good luck with further map builds!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci