• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THG Written Series - CHAPTER 1

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
~ The Hunger Games ~
- A Written Series -
Created by: GoontherMC
Founded by: Divisions Clan
- Info -
This is a written series created by me, GoontherMC, the series is based off the book and movie series The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I do not take credit for the story outline. Chapters from this series will be posted on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday routine. Tributes are randomly chosen in the order in which they die using this online randomizer, please do not get mad if a character dies in an order you do not like.
Previous Chapter(s): Applications
Next Chapter(s): Chapter 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Chapter 1:

Perspective of GoontherMC/Nate | Tribute Day | Morning

I lay in bed, looking up at the ceiling, thinking about how the rest of the day will play out. I’ve done this for every tribute day as far as I can remember, just lazily stay in bed thinking about stuff. I kept thinking about the possibility that I would be chosen but quickly shook those thoughts out of my head as I got up from bed. I took a deep breath, the air smelled like the ocean.

While I brushed my teeth I looked myself in the mirror, my hair was a mess. I changed into my formal clothing for tribute day, and walked outside. I saw my neighbors getting their kids ready for the picking. “Nathan!” it was my mom’s voice from inside the house, I opened the front door and found her in the kitchen. “What do you need mom?” she looked really tired, I don’t think she got any sleep yesterday. “Where’s the leftover fish from yesterday” I point to the freezer and she slumps over to take the fish.

Mom and I sit at our small table, eating breakfast, listening to the birds chirp outside. “Don’t be worried about the choosing today” she told me, not looking up from her food. She always acts tough, but I know she’s scared about today, so am I. “I’ll be fine” I get a fish bone stuck in my mouth and pick it out “My name is only entered four times” I lied. I had seven of my names entered in the choosing, I had to get food for us and took grains in exchange for my name being put in the choosing.

“That’s good” she said, still not looking up from her food. I finished and put my plate away. “I’ll go over to see Kevin” I told Mom, she simply nodded and I headed out the door. Kevin was my best friend, we’ve known each other since first grade. He was the same age as me, 15, and we shared the same interests of fishing and hunting. I got to the front of Kevin’s house to see his family on the porch, his mom was fixing her daughter’s hair and the father was zipping a tie onto Kevin’s younger brother.

“Good morning” I waved at them, getting gloomy responses back from them. Kevin came down his porch to greet me, we did our little secret handshake we did since third grade, and we haven’t forgotten it since. “So um, are you worried about today” he looked nervous, I shook my head no. “We both have only four of our names in the choosing, right? And out of all the people here in district four, our chances are super low to get chosen” he nods. “Yeah, you’re right, I was staying up so worried last night” he let out a small nervous laugh.

The speakers around our district suddenly turned on, and a voice boomed “Choosing will start in five minutes, all of district population is required to participate, if you do not take part and you will receive punishment. Young adults ages 12-18 must enter or you they will receive punishment. Four minutes!” Kevin started walking with his family to the choosing “See you” he said, and turned around to continue walking.

I came back to my house to see my mom waiting for me, a picture of dad in her hands. I never got to see my dad, he died when I was only two months old from some unknown reason. Our neighbors told me ever since that my mom has never been able to let go of him passing away. I walked up to her and put my hand on our shoulder “Let’s go mom” I took her hand and we went to the choosing.

That was the end of today's Chapter(s)!
Stay tuned for the next one, a new chapter is posted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
I'm loving the sound of this story, definitely dragged me in, looking forward to the next chapter! :)

By the way is this all randomly generated or are you doing these by yourself?

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
I'm loving the sound of this story, definitely dragged me in, looking forward to the next chapter! :)

By the way is this all randomly generated or are you doing these by yourself?
I'm glad you like it!

I am the one that writes the story, the only thing randomized is who dies in what order

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci