• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THG Written Series - CHAPTER 2

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
~ The Hunger Games ~
- A Written Series -
Created by: GoontherMC
Founded by: Divisions Clan
- Info -
This is a written series created by me, GoontherMC, the series is based off the book and movie series The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I do not take credit for the story outline. Chapters from this series will be posted on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday routine. Tributes are randomly chosen in the order in which they die using this online randomizer, please do not get mad if a character dies in an order you do not like.
Previous Chapter(s): Chapter 1
Next Chapter(s): Chapter 3

Chapter 2:

Perspective of Kenna | Tribute Day | Choosing

“This is it, it’s really happening now” I thought to myself as I looked at the big crowd at the stage, waiting for the choosing to start. I walked up to the same lady I saw every year, sitting at a table taking blood samples from the participating. I was next and she gave me a weak smile, then pricked my finger to take the blood and put it on some sort of document. The pain from the needle left a little numbness on the finger for a while, but it went away.

I made my way into the girl’s crowd, and looked for Ethan in the boy’s crowd. Me and Ethan have known each other for quite a while now, and I’ve been in love with him ever since we met, but I just can’t seem to tell him how I feel, what if he doesn’t feel this way about me? He’s pretty tall and I see him as we make eye contact. I wave at him and he waves back, smiling.

I already know that I won’t get picked, I’m an unlucky gal. I’ve never won lotteries, or contests, I don’t have a lot of luck when it comes to those types of things. With my name only being entered a total of four times, and the population here in district 7, there was a super duper low chance I’d be chosen. Suddenly everyone stops talking, and a man dressed in a big black suit comes up to the stage and bows to the crowd.

“Welcome, participants, to the choosing of the 63rd annual hunger games!” the suited man then began to do a small clap, so did the Peacekeepers behind him. The suited man had a very excited grin on his face, filthy. “I’m happy to be the chooser for District 7 this year, hello!” he chuckled. I looked over at Ethan and he mocked the suited man’s chuckle, I laughed. “As always we’ll watch Panem’s video before the choosing.

I hated this video, even though it was two minutes long it was boring to watch, all the video said was that there was some kind of war, and that made the districts, something stupid, you see I’m bored already. The video ended and the suited man did his small clap; “Alright, alright, I will get down to what everyone has been waiting for” the suited man grabbed a glass bowl filled with names on papers from a peacekeeper and set it on a table in front of the crowd.

“Ladies first!” he chuckled some more, a disgusting evil chuckle. He rubbed both of his hands together and reached inside the bowl, picking up a piece of paper, putting it back and grabbing another one. He gently opened the paper up, got close to the microphone and said, Kenna, my name. My heart stopped as he called my name, I didn’t know what to do, and I hoped no one would see me in this crowd. All the girls around me turned to face me, “Kenna you are the lucky winner, come on up!” Peacekeepers came down from the stage and advanced towards me.

I just froze there, I didn’t know what to do. I looked over to see Ethan, with a shocked face on. The Peacekeepers grabbed my hands and marched me towards the stage “Come on up lucky lady!” the suited man reached out a hand for me to grab. I slowly climbed up the stairs and grabbed his hand, he pulled me next to him. “Here is District 7’s lucky girl tribute!” he grabbed my arm and rose it. Peacekeepers clapped behind me, I looked through the crowds to try and find anyone, Ethan, my family. I couldn’t see anyone.

“A bit shy aren’t we” he chuckled, grabbing my hand and walked me to the left side of the stage. “Now onto the gentlemen!” I didn’t know what to do on the stage, I was shaking, was I really going to the hunger games, how could I have been chosen? He slipped his fingers into another glass bowl and instantly grabbed a paper, opening it up. “Chris Macintosh!” and then I heard Ethan’s voice, he yelled “I volunteer as tribute!” and started running to the stage. “Ethan what are you…” I was too scared to speak. “Oh, we have a volunteer?” the suited man said as Ethan made his way to the stage. The suited man gave a microphone to Ethan, “Why’d you volunteer young man?” Ethan took the microphone and said “I need to protect her.”

That was the end of today's Chapter(s)!
Stay tuned for the next one, a new chapter is posted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci