• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THG Written Series - CHAPTER 7

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
~ The Hunger Games ~
- A Written Series -
Created by: GoontherMC
Founded by: Divisions Clan
- Info -
This is a written series created by me, GoontherMC, the series is based off the book and movie series The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I do not take credit for the story outline. Chapters from this series will be posted on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday routine. Tributes are randomly chosen in the order in which they die using this online randomizer, please do not get mad if a character dies in an order you do not like.
Previous Chapter(s): Chapter 6
Next Chapter(s): Chapter 8

Chapter 7:

Perspective of CoDsNo65 | Practice Day
I woke up in my bed and just lay there lazily, grabbing the remote to turn on the TV. A message popped up reading “Tributes must participate in practice, 30 minutes” I flipped the channel from the reminder and watched an interview with the game maker Isaiah, but it was already done. “Bleh” I got out of bed and a uniform lay on the room’s desk, probably to wear while practicing. I put it on and it was surprisingly comfortable, I walked out of my room.

Our district’s mentor and stylist were eating breakfast, they saw me and waved for me to come over. “I think I’ll pass on breakfast” and started walking to the elevator. “Wait for me!” Harry ran towards me and I sighed a little, he was annoying. “Let’s go and practice, show the others what we can do!” he was way too excited for this but I didn’t say anything. The elevator arrived and I got in and so did Harry.

“So how’d you wake up?” Harry asked. I turned to face him “Look, today I’d like to concentrate on practicing, we’ve only got so long until the actual games start” I tried not to sound so angry “Yeah sure, I get it, this is important” he nodded and the elevator arrived to the bottom floor. When it opened we were guided to the practice room and it looked like we were the last ones to arrive there. “Welcome District 11, take a spot up here” said a tall gloomy man, standing in the middle of the circle of tributes.

Harry and I took our spots and the tall man started “Alright tributes listen up! Today is the first day you’ll be able to practice before the Hunger Games. Spread around the room are various activities you can do, from weapons practice to plant identification. It is recommended you don’t only practice your weapon skills as other factors come into play more importantly” the man looked around to make sure we were listening.

“And there will not, I repeat, there will NOT be any fighting in here, you will have plenty of time for that later, do you guys understand?” everyone nodded “Good, now go and practice” as soon as he finished everyone ran to what they wanted, some people even tripped. I actually didn’t know what I wanted to do first, Harry ran to the fishing area and I decided to follow him.

The trainer at the fishing area was an old man and wore a sailor’s hat. “Why hello you two youngsters, you come here to learn some fishin’?” the old man laughed. I knew he was old and didn’t think right so I just went with what he was saying “I’d like to learn how to make a hook out of materials we’ll find inside the Hunger Games” the old man didn’t hear me and just looked at us waiting for answer. “Sir, can I learn about how to properly bait?” Harry irritably said, the old man got closer and held his ear up “What was that sonny?” I sighed and left that area.

I walked around and saw the majority of tributes firing arrows at targets with silver bows, I wanted to try as well. There was one tribute, I think his name was Jordy or something, that shot the target with all of his arrows and put his bow back while whipping his hair back, what a show off, I had a strange feeling of wanting to kill him really badly. I took the bow he put back and decided to practice. “Hello tribute” I was startled a bit but turned around to see a trainer “Do you know how to use the bow?” I actually never really tried but I felt like I could do it. “Yeah of course” I know I sounded cocky but I didn’t want help.

“I’ll see for myself” the trainer said, folding their arms and waiting for me to shoot. I picked up an arrow from a small bin but when I tried to hook it up it slipped off and fell on the floor, I heard tributes giggling behind me. I grunted and took the arrow from the floor, this time successfully. I calmed myself and erased all thoughts, took aim and shot the bow. I hit my face with the back of the bow and fell on the floor, tributes gasped behind me.

I got up and faced the tributes “Alright I get it, I’m not good at the bow and that’s why I’m practicing, isn’t that the point?” but the tributes were looking behind me. I looked behind me and saw the arrow hit directly in the middle of the target’s head, the arrow was stuck half way into the target. I looked back at the tributes and half of them started to walk off, but some career tributes were standing there, giving me a death stare.

I put my bow back and left the area. A few hours later the tall man that told us the rules started telling us that practice day was over; everyone was putting their weapons back. I was exhausted for the day, I practiced a lot of different weapons but I liked the bow the most. I practiced tree climbing and telling poisonous plants from non-poisonous ones, I couldn’t wait to eat at our apartment.

That was the end of today's chapter!
Look out for the next one, new chapter out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday!​

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci