• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THG Written Series - CHAPTER 8

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
~ The Hunger Games ~
- A Written Series -
Created by: GoontherMC
Founded by: Divisions Clan
- Info -
This is a written series created by me, GoontherMC, the series is based off the book and movie series The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I do not take credit for the story outline. Chapters from this series will be posted on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday routine. Tributes are randomly chosen in the order in which they die using this online randomizer, please do not get mad if a character dies in an order you do not like.
Previous Chapter(s): Chapter 7
Next Chapter(s): Chapter 9

Chapter 8:

Perspective of Ben | Night before Training Interview and Scores

I hurried up to my apartment after training was announced over and found Cooper already there talking at the table with our mentor and stylist. “Hey Ben come join us, we’re discussing tomorrow” Cooper welcomed me as I ran to my room to quickly change from my training uniform and took a seat at the table. “We were just discussing how tomorrow will play out, and what you two should be prepared for” my mentor was serious.

“Yes, what he says is true! Tomorrow the game maker and his crew will look at what you show you can do best at and give you a score from one to twelve, your score will be televised to everyone in Panem!” my stylist told us and I thought for a moment on what I should do, but couldn’t think of anything really so I decided to ask “What do you guys think I should do?”

“Well, what are you best at, what did you practice today?” my mentor looked me deep in the eyes. “I practiced throwing the trident today, maybe I should try that?” I wasn’t too sure, I was OK but I didn’t want to get a bad score at the same time. “Yeah man go for the trident, I think it was you and someone else practicing with it and I’m sure the game makers want something different to see” after Cooper said this I felt a little better.

The assistants brought food to the table and put it in front of us, I heard my stomach growling. They revealed a steamy chicken from under a pot and we all dove in for a piece. “Make sure to eat as much as you want and can right now” our mentor said with food in his mouth “you won’t be getting something this good in the games” he continued to eat.

We had silence for a few minutes while we all ate. “Alright, let’s talk about your training interview tomorrow” our mentor broke the silence and wiped his mouth with a cloth. Cooper and I listened closely, I’m sure like me he wanted to hear what our mentor has to say. After all, he did go through what we did and succeeded in the end. “Each tribute will be called one by one, in district order meaning since we are district three, you’ll be one of the first to be interviewed.”

I was a bit confused “Why is it a good thing to be first?” Cooper nodded “Yeah, why?” our mentor took a big gulp from his drink. “The game makers will be alert and awake at this time, they will interview you will” he paused “The tributes in later districts such as ten and after will unfortunately have a bad time, since the game makers are already eating and talking with each other, not paying attention to those tributes” I understood now.

My stomach started to now hurt because of how much I ate “I’m going” I pushed my chair in and went back to my room, figured I should watch some clips from the past Hunger Games to get better knowledge. I clicked the remote on and switched through channels. Cooper swung into my room and I jumped “There’s something called KNOCKING” I got up furiously to shut the door. He was laughing like crazy “Hehe I just wanted to check that you weren’t, ya know” he giggled “Wanted to make sure you weren’t jerki-” before he could say it I slammed the door in his face “Your immature jokes aren’t funny Cooper” I shouted at the door and plopped back on the bed.

The TV turned off and wouldn’t turn on when I used the remote “Huh?” I walked out of my room “What happened to the TV?” my stylist looked at his watch and smirked “TVs are turned off at this time of night” I sighed and slumped into bed, needed a good night’s sleep before the interview.

That was the end of today's chapter!
Look out for the next one, new chapter out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday!

Sorry if this chapter was a bit written weird, it was definitely weird to write, next one will be better though, nearing the Hunger Games!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci