• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THG Written Series - CHAPTER 9

GoontherMC

Career
Reaction score
~ The Hunger Games ~
- A Written Series -
Created by: GoontherMC
Founded by: Divisions Clan
- Info -
This is a written series created by me, GoontherMC, the series is based off the book and movie series The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I do not take credit for the story outline. Chapters from this series will be posted on a Monday Tuesday Wednesday routine. Tributes are randomly chosen in the order in which they die using this online randomizer, please do not get mad if a character dies in an order you do not like.
Previous Chapter(s): Chapter 8
Next Chapter(s): Chapter 10

Chapter 9:

Perspective of Virosae | Training Interview Day

I looked out our apartment’s balcony and looked across the Capitol, it looked beautiful when it was this late at night and everything was projected with light. I stood there looking in front of me and just thinking ‘I’ll protect her forever’ I couldn’t let anything bad happen Kenna. I suddenly heard the door open and it was Kenna.

“Ethan, what are you doing out here at this time?” she came over and looked over the balcony “I could ask you the same thing” I smiled. “You know you didn’t have to do it, you didn’t have to volunteer like that” she sighed and sat down on the floor. “I need to protect you Kenna, I… I love you” I sat on the floor by her.

“Yeah well, it’s too late, we’re in the Hunger Games” I grabbed her by the shoulders “I’ll make sure to protect you until you are the victor for this year’s Hunger Games, nothing will stop me” I looked deep into her eyes as she looked deep into mine. She took my hands off her shoulders and got up “Am I really worth your life?” she started walking back into the apartment.

----------

The sky turned from black to a light blue as the sun started coming out. I’ve been sitting here all night, I didn’t get any sleep and hated myself for not getting any. I slowly got up and entered the apartment, our mentor was at the table talking to Kenna. “Can I join?” the mentor nodded and I took a seat. “We were just talking about the best thing Kenna could do.”

I made myself a quick sandwich with the products on the table and ate. “You’ll be showing your dagger skills, right?” I asked Kenna. “We were discussing it and she won’t be looking to get a good score, we don’t want her to become a target” I almost choked on my food “What? Are you crazy, if she gets a low score that’ll make her a target and with a higher score she’ll be avoided” I looked at Kenna “Trust me.”

“It could be taken any way if you think like that then” the mentor got up “I’ll have to be going now, your interview starts soon so I suggest going down there, you two decide what you’ll do” he left through the elevator. “Kenna look, if me and you both get good scores nobody will want to take us on” she got up “I’ll try my best then, let’s head down there” we went down the elevator and upon arriving the lobby we were directed to sit and wait for our names to be called.

Hours past and I felt sleepy, they were still on District four and we had a long way to go. Kenna slowly fell asleep on my shoulder and I put my arm around her to comfort her. My eyes slowly started to close and I dozed off.

----------

I woke up to a nudge on my shoulder. “District seven, Kenna” was being called, I woke Kenna up “It’s your turn to go, good luck” she rubbed her eyes and walked over to the interview room. The tribute from District eight sitting next to me was the one to wake me up “Thanks man” and just nodded his head.

Thirty minutes have passed until my name was called. I got up and prepared to do my best. I entered the interview room and an assortment of weapons, tools, and other things were spread around the room. The doors close behind me and I saw the game maker and his assistants sitting to the side of the room, waiting for me to begin.

“I am Ethan, from District 7” they nodded and I grabbed a sword from the rack, it was a little heavy but I managed. I walked over to the side of the room that had many targets and decided I would show off my sword skills on them. I took a deep breath and thought of Kenna, and how I would be the one to protect her.

I gripped my sword as hard as I could. “HYAH!” I lashed at one target and sliced its head off, I rolled on the floor and cut another targets two feet off. I jumped up and stabbed the fallen target in the chest, flipped around and used my sword to shove another target to the floor, stabbing that one in the chest as well. During all of this I just kept thinking about Kenna and that I would get her to win.

I kicked a target in front of me and sliced the target behind me clean in half, then cutting the head off the target I kicked. All this aggressive behavior was not like me at all, but there was just something in me that made me like this. I finished off the last target by throwing my sword at it and stabbing it right in the face. I was panting as I turned around to look at my judges.

They were all writing something down. “You may leave now” the game maker said, and I did. I got up the elevator and into our apartment and I greeted Kenna “How did you do?” “I think I did well” I walked over to the television where we would wait for them to announce scores.

----------

A few more hours passed until the program turned on and Caesar Flickerman was there, about to announce the scores. Everyone sat down, I didn’t tell anyone but I didn’t think I was going to get such a high score. “Hello ladies and gentlemen, I will be announcing the scores of all the tributes!” Caesar took some papers from his desk and started “District one, Flame, with a score of 7. District one, Leaf, with a score of 7. District two, Matto, with a score of 6. District two, Aaron, with a score of 9.” It was a while until finally he reached our district.

“District 7, Kenna, with a score of 10” we all jumped up and screamed with joy “Kenna good going!” I told her, she smiled. We sat back down awaiting my own score “Distrcit 7, Ethan, with a score of…” pausing, why was he pausing? “With a score of 11!” I was shocked, how was I able to get such a high score. We all celebrated once more “Your plan might just work” our mentor told me.

That was the end of today's chapter!
Look out for the next one, new chapter out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday!

Last edited:

Virosae

Diamond
Reaction score
Badass confirmed. Scored an 11/12, and my girlfriend got a 10/12. I think we have this ;3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci