• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Things Which I Have Yet To Be Able To Understand

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
1. I never understood why people who delete evidence of people using hacks get permabanned, I mean I need some explanation for the logic behind it, because I have yet to figure it out.

2. The whole gamma rule makes no sense to me at all, because if you will not upload videos of screenshots of you using it, you'll never be able to get caught. Also, gamma does not affect gameplay or the outcome of the game whatsoever, mods always use the same old argument that it could be very overpowered in Moonbase because it's a dark map, but honestly even without gamma it is not difficult at all to find out players if you have a sharp eye, which is funny because it feels like the only reason this rule exists is because Moonbase exists.

pls keep this thread open for discussion mods, ty.

Last edited:

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
just fyi, hacking is now a first offence perm but I fully agree with what you're saying.

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Admitting to anything against the rules is a ban-able? Even when your joking around being cocky, Isn't that right DE5T1NY

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. I never understood why people who delete evidence of people using hacks get permabanned, I mean I need some explanation for the logic behind it, because I have yet to figure it out.
I feel like this is more of a Sr. Mod question. I, along with many other mods, don't understand why it's a perm-ban. I think that's why when we see someone banned and their evidence is deleted we usually always inform Sr. Staff.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel like this is more of a Sr. Mod question. I, along with many other mods, don't understand why it's a perm-ban. I think that's why when we see someone banned and their evidence is deleted we usually always inform Sr. Staff.
The thing with this rule is it makes it so the people who send the reports are those who are going to take the full responsibility, and completely ignores the fact that the mods are those who actually review it and approve it, yet they escape the consequences.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
I never understood why people who delete evidence of people using hacks get permabanned, I mean I need some explanation for the logic behind it, because I have yet to figure it out.
Because if we are forced to pardon a ban due to the evidence being removed, it's only fair that the person who removed the evidence gets the same exact punishment as a hacker. Please keep in mind, every person who removes evidence HAS SIGNED the agreement at the bottom of the format. That format clearly states if you need to remove evidence, contact a moderator for approval first, so they can re-upload the footage onto their own channel. We have a very strict rule on this and it will not be lifted anytime soon.

2. The whole gamma rule makes no sense to me at all, because if you will not upload videos of screenshots of you using it, you'll never be able to get caught. Also, gamma does not affect gameplay or the outcome of the game whatsoever, mods always use the same old argument that it could be very overpowered in Moonbase because it's a dark map, but honestly even without gamma it is not difficult at all to find out players if you have a sharp eye, which is funny because it feels like the only reason this rule exists is because Moonbase exists.
...and +1. I fully agree with you on this.

N

Nikola

Well, if you get someone permanently banned for let's say "hacking" the staff team, Senior Moderators especially need the evidence of them actually hacking. Let's say they made a dispute and you deleted the evidence. How is the Senior Staff Team going to prove that they we're hacking with no evidence? They are just going to get unbanned and possibly keep hacking on the server. That's why you get permanently banned.

However I feel like it's a moderator duty to download every evidence and re-upload it again on youtube just in case something happens. Like channel gets shut down by the user who recorded a hacker etc..

I already said my opinion on this. It's a pretty pointless rule, they should definitely remove it.

EDIT: Also who even plays moonbase nowadays? The tiering nerf ruined the whole map.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
However I feel like it's a moderator duty to download every evidence and re-upload it again on youtube just in case something happens. Like channel gets shut down by the user who recorded a hacker etc..
We have lots of Moderator's with terrible internet. Abuse reports would never get done if we had to re-upload every single video that was provided as sufficient evidence. That's why the agreement exists. :)

If the channel is shut down forcefully and you had no control, and you have ways to prove that, then it's a different story than willingly removing the evidence yourself. Contact a Sr. Moderator if this ever happens to you.

N

Nikola

We have lots of Moderator's with terrible internet. Abuse reports would never get done if we had to re-upload every single video that was provided as sufficient evidence. That's why the agreement exists. :)

If the channel is shut down forcefully and you had no control, and you have ways to prove that, then it's a different story than willingly removing the evidence yourself. Contact a Sr. Moderator if this ever happens to you.
That's true, need to agree. Those are some valid points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci