• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Three ways that MCGamer has been proven to listen to the community.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit positive today... c:

These are only three out of the many ways. I'm on a time limit, unfortunately, so I encourage anyone else who sees this thread to come up with their own ways! c:

- 1:
They implemented the Raffle Voting system, removed it when it seemed like a lot of players hated it, and then re-implemented it when there was a large outcry over them removing it.

Although the implementation, removal, and re-implementation of this system was a huge source of (delightful!) controversy, the administration did their absolute best to listen to the community.

- 2:
They have added a number of new forum sections, particularly recently, that are likely to widen the variety of threads that can be posted.
The most recent example would be the MCGamer Discussions and MCGamer Feature Suggestions sections.
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-discussions-read-this.217132/
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-forum-discussion-section.214318/

- 3:
At each staff meeting, any staff member can bring up ideas, suggestions, concerns, etc. (often from the community) and express them in front of a large number of Mods, Senior Mods, and Admins.
This has helped many ideas come to fruition, and negative aspects of the network to be removed.

(yes, im excited for the 2 new sections. very, very excited.)

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Thanks Mooclan, for showing that MCGamer does listen to their communtiy,

And to people who have accused of them not…

First off, let's make it clear, MCGamer will never be what it might have been in 2012/2013 e.t.c., no lightning strikes in the same place twice, it's not the biggest and best server ever, and it may never be ever again. From these changes, MCGamer is trying to pick themselves up, and already there is flack from the community that they aren't doing a good enough job of maintaining the perfect server, something lost long long ago and was inevitable with growth.

We can't skip to the happy endings of things, the MCGamer community has to work together to fix what has been broken and then move on to bigger and brighter things.

elmagarate

Platinum
Reaction score
There's a lot of negativity when it comes to how much MCGamer listens to the community. Personally i'm 50/50 about how well they listen...I do agree with some members of the community when they say MCSG doesn't listen because of some of the mistakes they've done ex: 1.8. Honestly I think that /poll should be used alot more often like before... I loved seeing new polls and seeing that MCSG really listens. MCSG started making alot of weird decisions after they stopped using /poll. But I will say that they've gotten better at listening to the community lately... Going back to 1.7 was a good move, hopefully we can see more updates that come from recommendations from the community..

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Still no flexile green. Step it up mcsg, we'll never be satisfied.

Honestly, that's how it seems. No matter how much they listen to the community, the response will be negative because they didn't do everything. I'm sure that's highly irritating to the staff and dev team that's in charge of these new implementations. However, I'd like to look at it in a more positive light. Us as the community is challenging mcsg to be its very best. For every time we say, "How about you get this done first next time" we're also grateful deep down that our requests are still being listened to. That being said, how hard can it be to make a darker forum layout?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Inb4 necro, jk its under a month.

I agree with the first 2 statements Mooclan sadly though, the community has no way to know if mods just tell them they'll bring up their ideas or if they actually do it. And if certain mods don't like you, they won't do it. I have an actual instance where I have a decent idea (the use of /helpop in the hub so you can report when muted and so mods will see it better if you're not donor) and the mod told me no.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
It's not that the developers and staff don't listen to the community. It's that they don't know when to and when not to. Sometimes, the community doesn't know what's good for it. They sometimes will want things that aren't for the good of the server and everyone else. The developers need to understand when the community is suggesting something good or if what they're talking about is not a good idea.

For example, one bad thing that they listened to the community on was what to put in the chests way back when MCSGv2 started. By doing that, they completely changed MCSG forever. The game started to become "PvP Games" and not "Survival Games." If they hadn't asked the community and just made minor changes to the MCSGv1 chests themselves. They could've just removed the useless items (clocks, maps, etc.) and added the new foods introduced in 1.4 themselves, and not completely changed the arrows and amount of items you generally get in chests like the community voted for.

But, the community has come up with terrific ideas. The raffle voting system is terrific, and it allows players (like me) to play the maps they like if they enjoy the less popular maps. Maps being overplayed used to be a huge problem on here, but now it's not a big issue anymore. Also Solo SG is a great idea as well, and it makes the game a lot more fair for people who play it compared to regular SG.

Again, it just depends on what the devs choose to listen to the community on. If they can choose correctly, then MCSG will be fine. If not, this server could become even more chaotic than it already is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci