• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time has come...

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Get Ready, its long. Time has come, I have to do MY MCGAMER STORY! In 13 days, i've completed my 6th month as staff, so this is in honor of my 6th month as well. Now that I have gotten all of your attention, this, is my 6th month as staff thread or in other words, my MCSG Story! Hello forumers, my name is Jay, you may know me by Ohjayx, or Freshly. I joined this community in July 2013, and met my first friends of the community COLEGRACE131, blxss/carloswbu, hungermaniac, and much more, some who I still talk to today. Yet, while I began extremely addicted to this game, I always saw these people with a red names. I never payed them any mind, because I was a noob who was only here to play. I started joining Skype calls with people here and there, which at first I thought was extremely awkward. I’d be the quietest one out of a group of like 10 people. After different Skype calls, and interactions in-game I ended up in a call with cyrohmc, KimmieFizzy, xXTaylorPaigeXx, and Jakejs1. I had watched various of Taylor’s & Jake’s video as they frequently appeared in Joey’s (JOEYGRACEFFA) videos. I thought it was cool that I was in a skype call with people who did youtube. After many hours, Taylor, Jake and I, became good friends. A few weeks later, Taylor or Chris (can’t remember) added me to a skype call with some people whose names seemed familiar from in-game. Julia, or itsjulesdude was one of the people in the call, in addition to Dan, Ins3curity_. I automatically clicked with these two, they were hilarious, and I just thought that it was so weird that I found people who I actually can be friends with in the internet. Julia became moderator and usually late nights through Christmas break of 2013 i’d stay up with Julia while she moderates and all that good stuff. By the way, this is at the time where there was 1 hub for each region, I think CA had just gotten a hub, and AU didn’t have one. Can’t recall. Then, in October of 2013, shanrrbananrr had made a video about her wanting to make a “team” of fans to go against other popular YouTubers of the time who uploaded MCSG content. Yes, this is the creation of the legendary #SHANCODE, lol. There, I met many, many, many good friends. Some of these people were Lindz02057, steviesays, JoshuaPlays, iShowny, Joey/Jodimo, Tyler/AlmostBreezy/JakeMiller, Iphotography98, Kitty/Lizard, and more. And I remembered that I always wanted to be moderator being influenced by Julia and others. Tyler, and Showny had became mod and Joey remained a waiting rank, I never really talked to Joey for a while until we saw eachother again on MCG TS. Anyways, I was extremely motivated to become moderator so I started filling up applications and submitting them. I got denied various times for not meeting the qualifications, and I could see why. Anyways, one night, me and a couple of friends were on the MCGamer TS and various other mods joined our private channel. Things were said about other staff members that shouldn’t have been said. Basically, false judgement. You never know what a little laughs and comments can lead up to in the future. So, that happened and I met more people and started joining clans where I met a lot of good friends like Newfie/Noofy, Parwez, Ray/xTranzio, Baccca, Majestic. I started being more active on MCGamer TS hoping that the community and staff would get to know me better and hopefully increase my chances of becoming moderator. Later in June, I saw that Shan and Josh were hosting a clan tournament. I applied to be a referee, and got it. After the tourney was done, Josh and Shan approached me about this server they were opening up, VauseMC. Of course, being extremely motivated to become moderator on MCGamer and not getting the chance to become one, I approved the request. I was the first moderator on VauseMC and I met a ton, and a ton of good people, which I was I still communicated with as much as I did before. Some people I met on Vause were Jcc/Jccandfriends, Cueue, Rhino, Zach/PleaseTeamIFan, KindaConfident, Hackzource, Sportsfan2565, Ryan_Ayden, FreshedOutJay, and more that I can’t really remember right now. Anyways, later on I was promoted to Sr. Moderator on Vause, oooh how I loved having so much authority… xD. I enjoyed doing interviews and hiring people, and being very authoritative. Keep in mind, throughout this time, I was always reapplying to MCGamer, and constantly getting denied. I was so confused on why they didn’t believe I was qualified, or ready to become a member of staff. By this time, the whole situation with a person happened, aka an Administrator of Vause. I literally had thought that it was because I was staff on that server, but then I was like theres no way that it can be that. So, I started asking Sr. Staff members what I could’ve done to increase my chances of getting staff. Draco, who was extremely patient, and very kind to me gave me helpful tips. I started being active, being present at various MCGamer community events. I kept on reapplying, always denied, denied, denied, and denied. Until, one day, I asked another Sr. Staff member to be extremely blunt with me, and to let me know exactly what it is thats prohibiting me from becoming staff. Remember that time I was with my friends laughing and saying stuff about staff members? Yeap, my answer right there. I was caught in complete shock. I completely, literally, completely forgot about that. From the bottom of my heart, I had apologized because I really meant it, it was a very.. not so nice thing to do. I just wanted to prove, that now, in September 2014, I had matured so, so, so much from what I was earlier before in December. Thankfully, they accepted my apology. I felt extremely bad because I had totally forgotten about that incident, and it still bothers me that I was such a.. well something I can’t say. And this is the moral of this story, be mindful of what you say, if you’ve said anything to hurt someones feelings, apologize. Even if you think you’ll look like a coward, its worth it. Actions speak louder than words. With all of this, I also want to say for those who are trying to become moderator, don’t give up. After being denied many times because of my actions, I applied a total of 19 times, was denied 18 times, on the 19th try, I made it to interview stage, and got interviewed on September 21st, 2014. My interview lasted 57 minutes. I received the news of getting hired at 5:17am my time. But, I just wanted to say thank you to all those who have inspired me to become a staff member, a big big big thanks to Shelby, Col, and Nick for being present in my interview. To another 6 months, thanks for everything <3 #NEVERGIVEUP
#R8

List of people i’ve met throughout my time here:

All the staff members from MCG, Vause, and Anarchy <3
Carloswbu/blxss <3
itsjulesdude <3
Ins3curity_ <3
Jakejs1 <3
xXTaylorPaigeXx <3
Cyrohmc
KimmieFizzy
Jccandfriends
US Rebels <3
Lindz
Stevie
Joshua <3
Zach <3
Shan
Cueue <3
Rhino
David[Optics/iRelantivity] <3
Harry <3
Jackson <3
Courtney <3
StarWillyWong12 <3
Kellie <3
QBKellie <3
Chandelle <3
Duckluv
Vanessa <3
Yoshi
Tyler/Breezy <3
Nick
Shelby <3
ThisGirlKailey
Gears <3 - nerd
JoelJCE
DammitDeanne
OhLala00
iamamitbar
kevinsthenerd
EhCanadianBacon/Equalitree <3
Life855
Liam
Neph <3
DeeRose7
Nacho115 <3
Nooch
Erin <3
Hayhay
Tony <3
MK <3
EU Trivium Members
Purge/Instinct II Members
Severity
MeaganRoses
Willy446 <3
Trespire
Janine <3
Sharky
AmyGlitters <3
Sean <3
Laurey <3
Diar
Jayo
Kendra
Kelslay
PurpleWeave
Aquatech
Levi
SammyMarie
Benholl
khunt6 <3
jtmboy
Chrisability
SpaghettiSquid

Last edited:

AlmostBreezy

Platinum
Reaction score
This is such a good story! I'm so glad I was able to be an influence to you becoming a Moderator! I hope you go so far in this community, you deserve it so much. You're hard working, you know how to handle every situation, and you can help with another language. You have all the qualities to go above and beyond in this community! I'll be here every step of the way! Within the next 6 months, you better be on another level ;). #StayRatchet #R9

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
what a story! glad you'll be celebrating 6 months here soon, and we hope that it'll last another 6 months!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Congratulations on your six months here as a moderator and hopefully many more! Your story was quite the interesting read if I may add C:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci