• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time travel whoAAaAaAaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
TinyTiger_ I think so! Not sure how long ago that was. :)

loic1212 I'll admit that I don't play much anymore. I don't find too much enjoyment in the game as I used to. It has to do a bit with my reluctant ways to actually join in on the community/TS. Most of my old friends have left by now. I haven't seen the EU guys around in forever! 3crown and such.

Twee If that was a joke, then I don't know what the word joke means. lol

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Wow. Pretty far cry from the leaderboards today. I wish that was the community we had now.
It was definitely more tight knit. Everyone pretty much knew each other in TS. It also seemed a little bit more mature back then, but I was younger then, so I was probably able to tolerate more immaturity. XD

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think the servers would survive that long with the small community from then :S
Well yeah true, I just mean like how he said, a more tight-knit and less hostile community, which I think is natural for a small community. Plus people like me would have a chance at being in the top 100 instead of just the top 1000. xP It's like MCSG turned from that nice friendly, small family business into some huge corporation. Except the main difference is the type of customers rather than who runs it. :p

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Well yeah true, I just mean like how he said, a more tight-knit and less hostile community, which I think is natural for a small community. Plus people like me would have a chance at being in the top 100 instead of just the top 1000. xP It's like MCSG turned from that nice friendly, small family business into some huge corporation. Except the main difference is the type of customers rather than who runs it. :p
Good comparison! Though I'm not going to blame Chad on that at all, as it is still a business. Any owner wants their business to grow of course. I think it was inevitable that MCSG grew to a huge wide scale server. It's your most basic idea of a PvP type game mode, that hadn't been done yet. It was also created right around that Minecraft Multiplayer boom, which was awesome.

Small communities are fun though, and when I think about it more, it really wasn't that small at the time either. I remember there still being 100000+ people on the leaderboards. What I do miss though is that feeling of "new" that you felt when you first played. Hardcore strategy wasn't found yet, there were only 10 servers for each region at that time (maybe 15-20 at the time of that ranking), so your chances of having a lot of high ranked players in your match was a guarantee, and I could go on. The small amount of servers led to a lot of us seeing the same names over and over again in our matches, and we wanted to get to know each other, so that's how a lot of us stumbled upon TS.

Ah man, I could go on and on with my nostalgia and feels that I'm feeling right now. I miss it, haha. It's always interesting looking back at when Kricken, qqopp, Six, Justin, Mugger, Panuter, zeejayy, ant, aeruner, me (and lots more) would be pretty much the only people in the US TS channels for hours on end. Able to chat like normal people because no one was a YouTuber or mod/admin yet. Fun!

Okay, I'll stop now. My stories aren't that interesting. XD

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
Blamph! I have. Question <3
Are you still doing youtube?

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
It's pretty cool to see how the wins have grown! It went from the top being 100 to now almost 4,000 wins. :D

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
If I had the wins I had now back then I would be 1st..... I can only dream :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci