• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips for people who are new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
just put all of your tips for new players on this page

1 don't get into fist fights there's no point to it
2 have a chest route planned don't just wonder around hoping for a chest
3 don't put on your armor unless you have a weapon it makes you a high value target
4 don't kill people unless they look like they have items (in the beginning) there's no point!
5 know who will have the good stuff (like armor showing, or near crafting table) if they are near a crafting table they most likely have 2 iron
6 don't hack you'll just get banned
7 if you get stuck early in the game just /suicide you wont win if you don't
8 don't yell at campers its just a strategy!
9 Don't go into water if you know you'll die you just prolong the game

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
1. Sprint jumping is faster and more effective, but hunger goes down faster. I suggest you use it though.
2. Circle your opponent so he gets less hits on you when fighting
3. Only get in fist fights if he engages you or comes to close to your "territory"

The_Mejia

Tribute
Reaction score
1 Try the Cornucopia, sometimes there are more than sticks
2 Make friends, 2 pairs of eyes are better than 1
3 Find a bowl
4 Use shift to hide your name and to avoid falling
5. Avoid falling damage

Gage Shrader

Tribute
Reaction score
1. Always be sure to look around. (It means life or death)
2. Try to get at least stone or above sword before nightfall. If you successfully do that, you can make it back to the middle and get diamonds, armor, etc. (If there is someone else there, you can sneak up on them.)
3. Partners. Very useful to have some1 to give that extra weapon and armor to help you. (Don't give them all of your more useful items.) (Chances are, you may just end up in the deathmatch together. You wouldn't want them to have the upper hand, would you?)
4. Have fun! ( It is the only reason I play the survival games.)
I hope all of you newer people to mcsg will use this information to you advantage. May the odds be ever in your favor! ~ MrCreativeMode

RansomHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I wish higher ranked people actually posted in these threads...

heres my tip just because I am sick of people posting it.

Tip:

If you bother with bowls and mushrooms you are going to lose, only desperate players waste time doing this and I guarantee anyone with more than 10 wins never bothers.

TailXephios

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Watch out for lava traps or places you could die or get trapped.

2. Even a wooden sword can be very effective, so don't be intimedated by the fact that you only have a wooden sword

3. Try to team up with someone else (skype works well with this) this will increase your chance of survival (unless they backstab you)

4. Always avoid fall damage, it can be fatal!

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score

Tip:

If you bother with bowls and mushrooms you are going to lose, only desperate players waste time doing this and I guarantee anyone with more than 10 wins never bothers.
actually bowls save my life 50% of the time and i have 70 wins

Reaction score
Don't explore dark areas with your bare hands only, yes there may be chests but there's also nasty things.

Ikubi

Career
Reaction score
1. Use da kritz! You will get them if you hit someone while falling so jumping around is a good idea.
2. Bows = Good. A full charged you does as much damage as an iron sword.
3. Always go to the corn except if you have almost nothing because the first night usually determines the winner, but a good chest route usually guarantees good stuff.
4. Don't go fishing. It's just a massive waste of time.
5. Don't sprint without being in danger or in a hurry.
6. Use /suicide if you get stuck. Please.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

Tip:

2 of my friends have over 10 wins and they get bowls and mushrooms. By the way, 1 of them is top 150 US :) I am almost high ranked too. I posted my tips :p

I personally don't bother with mushrooms, but I like bowls. Normally I get my mushrooms from killing people :) I once got no mushrooms personally, and ended up with a stack of both colours (and more, but I threw the extras away)

Nyyocom

Tribute
Reaction score
actually bowls save my life 50% of the time and i have 70 wins
I don't do it, In my opinion its a waste of time when I can get enough food to last from chests.

1: When fighting, get the high ground (You get more hits on them ,and crits are easier to achieve)
2:If there's someone at corn that clearly has better stuff then you, wait till someone else attacks them, or they start looking into the chest during refill to strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci