• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tis` the season! [Christmas Story Contest]

Who has the best story?

• Giggity69Goo

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • KorStonesword

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Akash754

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Are you kidding me, I missed the deadline.
I thought it was Dec. 20! D=
Anyways, in case if I can still get in, here goes:

Across a barren plain of snow. Lay a lonely house. It stood, like a rock, standing and waiting for something. Waiting for the winds and sands of time.
Inside the house lived 2 people. A dad and a son, together, they worked together to stay warm. Everyday, the father ordered his son to go out and try to find wood. Everyday, the son shivered down the steps and lugged up the axe and held it up with all his strength and could still, barely carry it. Sometimes he would get lucky, most often, not.
In the daytime the father went out and set his traps in the frozen river. Hoping for a stray salmon to swim into his traps. Like the wood chopping, his luck was usually never on his side.
At night, the two, silently worked and listened to the wind outside. They walked around, sat down, tended the fire.
Everyday.
…​
One day, the son went out to do his chores. It was very nearly christmas, and they did't have a tree. Nevertheless there wasn't a change in the goal. Very quickly, the sun raced along in the sky, and soon he had to turn back. But as he was rounding his steps, he spotted a fern. Tiny and covered in snow, he picked it up, brushed it off gently. The fern was smaller than your hand, and cold too. His eyes light up. The son brought it home.
In the house the father lighted up the fire with the few sticks they had. The son rushed in.
"Hey dad! Look what I found!"
The father glanced absentmindedly, as he always was in these conversations. His expression didn't light up, and his frown, didn't crack. His face didn't rise. When was the last time he truly smiled?
"What is that," He grumbled "can I use it?"
"As a christmas tree," said the son, unmoved be his fathers unchanging expression.
"I told you everyday, don't waste your time with that, Santa's not coming this year."
"Oh sure he will dad! I'm sure he will, we just need a tree!"
As quick-minded as he was, the son hastily put together a tree with a pot, and set it on the table. It scented the room.
"Son, we don't need it, throw it outside, Santa's not coming this year."
"But-"
"No "but's", tomorrow we must make up for the time lost. I need to set new traps, and for that, I need wood. Go to sleep now, you'll need the rest."
The son sighed, it was worth a try. As evening darkened, he found an open patch of dirt, and placed down the fern and tried to shield it from the wind.
"Sorry tree, my father doesn't want you to be in there. Ever since my mo-"
He paused, and swallowed the tears.
"Ever since mom left, he hasn't even said anything"
The fern seemed to comprehend, and even answered. It swayed in the wind. A sudden gust
ushered the son inside.
The father already went to sleep, and he put the fire out. The son took out a candle, and got out and made cookies from whatever was left. He poured the last drops of milk too. He placed it down on the table, and wrote a note.
"Dear Santa,
Hopefully you will see this, I have faith you will. Ever since mom died, dad hasn't been happy at all, he is cold, I am too. No one is here anymore, and we have the worst of luck trying to live here. I was hoping you could help. All I wanted was to make dad happy.
Merry Christmas. Enjoy the cookies and milk"
His eyes were heavy, and he zombied upstairs, and fell asleep.
…​
*CRASH*
"Ooops"
Santa.
He lumbered out of the fireplace to come across some cookies and milk. After indulging in them, he spotted a note. Santa read the note.
Immediately, he knew, this was it.
"Hope this helps you kid"
Then silence.
Early in the morning, the son woke up from being in an uncomfortable sleep. Something was under his pillow! He got up, and saw a key, and a note, hidden under the pillow.
It said: Hope this helps. Merry Christmas! -Santa
He gaped, he stared at it for what seemed like hours. Had there been a break in?
He ran downstairs in flight. And he frowned.
Nothing is wrong
Quickly, he spotted a chest. And he ran to open it. Locked. The son struggled to open it, and his dad heard him, and came downstairs.
"What the, what is this?" He tries opening it, and again, it was locked. The chest wouldn't budge.
Then the son realized. "Hey, let me use this key, I found it last night, under my pillow." The father didn't stop him.
Then he stopped, do you want to open it?
"The father stopped, never before did he get a chance, and after while, said "No."
The son cracked it open, and inside was dusty, old, untouched.
The Golden Apple
They stared at it, only for a moment. In the next, they were leaping and hugging and crying and emotions streamed down.
The glint was gone, and dusty as it was, the father eagerly polished it off. And with more hugging, the father stopped.
"Son, I need to tell you something. I'm sorry that I left you, it's just that after mom and you know, I. I felt like there was a hole."
The son stopped, and took in the words. He said.
"It's okay dad." They hugged, cried, joyously danced in the house.

Epilogue: The dad and son then open a lumber business and people start settling around the area. The dad and son never have a day of frowns, and together they spent the rest of their lives, enjoying themselves, with each other.
END​
Thanks for reading! This is a one time with no edits, so I'm not expecting it to win. All I wanted was a heartwarming story for everyone. Because we all need it.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Reaction score
"The new Santa Claus"
Intro
"It is time" Santa said, "Time for what" One of the elf said. "It's time for a new Santa Claus." So they went on the Santa tracker and found someone named Nirmit Potter. They saw that he lived in Australia. They went to Australia and went to his house he wasn't home at that point in time so they crept in. When he came home he heard something grabbed a bat and kicked the intruder in the balls. Then the old man kept saying I am Santa Claus please come in my swamp. Nirmit called the police and said this guy is mentally disabled. Time travel was invented and Nirmit is writing a book about it.
It is the Christmas of 3019 came over four hundred years ago and flying cars were invented but were declared illegal because they all stopped working. Textbooks are finished and a two year old knows C++. Necular war aren't a threat because city's are not effected. They now play a video games to get over their anger. Bill Gates found a way to clear Ebola and a way to live forever. India has over that 3 billion people living in it, But we have found a way not to get over populated to live in underground cities or live in the air or on different countries. Also global Warming was a hoax.

Santa Claus is in the mental hospital, Saying that Christmas is going to be destroyed. Then he becomes a badass and breaks out of the jail and enjoys his new found popularity in the black market, He is having the fun in his life, He forgets about the Christmas, he gets asked a question by a little kid saying what are you going to do on Christmas. Then he ran for his life he grab no shoes or nothing lord Jesus "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT." Then he goes to Nirmit house and he hears a crappy song called-Rick Ashtley-Dardue Sandstorm. HE SAYS NIRMIT YOU ARE THE NEXT SANTA CLAUS I AM A WHAT THE, NEXT SANTA CLAUS NIRMIT. WE ARGUE FOR HOURS. Santa then proves his magic. Nirmit then agrees with him, then he goes in Santa big white van. Turns out he was a peto and a mental idiot. NIRMIT was never seen again. R.I.P
--------------------------------------
(It's 12AM and I want to sleep bye)

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Wanted

Hello! Welcome to my McGamer story for the Christmas Story Competition. This tale tells MCSG as a huge city with everyone living there. It’s the day before the Annual Christmas Fair, and something bad happens, really, really bad, and it’s up to the City Moderators to solve the case.

This story is different as it shows MCGamer from the Moderators point of view.

Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part One

City Hall, Bunave Street.

It was the night before Christmas and more importantly, the huge Christmas Fair. I was rummaging through one of the several boxes of ban reports late at night with a flashlight at hand. I had already checked several bins of written papers and was getting weary. I must’ve been doing this for hours now, just working in one of many tiny, old rooms. I was alone in the huge building, and it must’ve been at least one in the morning. I had to get home and get a good nights rest, as I would be busy at the chilly fair tomorrow.

Just as I was skimming through the last boxes, consisting mostly of pointless reports filled out by the townsfolk (Accusations of name calling and ‘hurtful’ insults) I heard a noise, loud footsteps, with a pattern of heavy breathing. The sound was getting closer, a large shadow covered the hallway lights. I was stunned by fear and could not get up. I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die. I repeated in my clouded thoughts.

The figure had something in it’s hands, and I suspected it was the murder weapon. I was wrong, in fact I wasn’t in danger whatsoever. The ‘weapon’ wasn’t a weapon at all, it was a flashlight.

“Haha! You should see the look on your face!” he laughed, I instantly knew who it was. Pickle. No, allow me call him his real name, Soggypickle. I snickered just at the thought of his name.

“You idiot! I thought I was gonna die,” I yelled furiously at him.

“Ceroria, I could tell by your face!” he continued laughing hysterically. He always reminded me of the Joker from Batman. A crazy, infecting laugh, but smart and cunning. He always pulled pranks, never got tired of them actually, because I always fell for them.

“So why are you here so late dude?” I questioned, changing the tone of the conversation, he realized this as well.

“To get you home of course, I’d knew you’d still be here,” He knew me too well, but he’s right: I’m being way too assiduous.

“Fine, fine. Let’s go.” I walked out the door with him behind me. We walked outside from the large, polished wooden door and headed to the apartments, walking there, obviously.

I looked around, I could see my hollow breathe in the chilly air. The Town Hall was a four-story bronze, yellowish complex. It had been up for only 2 years and mostly consisted of storage rooms filled with papers, and a large hallway where people worked in small see-through rooms. Mostly so the cityfolk could request help for something. It was silent, and I enjoyed the peace. We kept on walking, and Pickle stopped dead in his tracks.

“I saw something,” he pointed quietly. “Over there!” he exclaimed.

“Dude, it’s probably nothing, let’s go already,” I wasn’t worried. I had heard that brushing sound trees make when they get hit and leaves flutter off. The sound was loud too, but I was too tired to care. I kept strutting down the narrow sidewalk. He finally turned around with a look of disbelief and sprinted back, he was panting when he got to me.

“I was sure, there... was... a person there!” He exclaimed between long, deep breathes.

“Dude, you must be imagining things, I didn’t hear anything,” I calmed him down with lies. Which wasn’t very often.

See, Pickle and I are actually next door “neighbors” in the Mod Apartments, Rooms 301 and 302, and that’s kind of how we met. Also that we both work at the town hall as Moderators of the city. I met him the day I applied to work here, before I worked at a small clothing shop called “The Forms” as the cashier. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I had a small name tag on. “Ceroria. Trail Mod.” It read. Pickle had walked up to me with his huge, black glasses on and smiled brightly. He engaged in a conversation nervously, at first I thought it was a joke by his friends or something, I imagined they told him “Hey go talk to that new kid over there, play with him a bit” But it was nothing like that. He genuinely wanted to be my friend. Soon we became close friends, and then best friends in the following weeks. I don’t have many acquaintances, but I’m happy to have one great one.

As we walked we conversed about the Christmas Fair tomorrow, or today that is, since it was probably past twelve o’clock. We entered the building and soon were at our apartments.
“Bye dude, and thanks,” I whispered as others were sleeping around us, and I entered my room.

“No problem man,” I heard him respond through the wall. Like a zombie, I changed my clothes and headed to my small, but comfortable bed.

Part Two

Mod Apartments, Petic Street.

I woke up, hazy and tired. I gradually got up and put my fluffy slippers on, I walked over to the small window parallel to my bed in my tiny bedroom. Past the long street filled with snow and buildings, the city park laid. I could see several little stands with people selling various ornaments. Fancy, colorful christmas trees surrounded the vast landscape. I was already getting excited for the day that lay ahead for me.

All my previous tire disappeared, I ran into my closet, and appeared again in a colorful christmas jacket and gray sweatpant all Mods had to wear today. I sprinted to the front door and dashed down the empty sidewalk leading to the hustling fair. As soon as I got in the fair I was greeted by a joyful elf handing out packets on the various places to visit. I slowly headed to the small building where the rest of the mods were. I noticed only about 15 people, usually there would be 30 to 40.

“Hey guys!” I sang as I jogged over to the group. That was not the right thing to say, everyone had sour countenances for some reason. Even Pickle, other people there were Moose, a popular guy who I liked, I don’t know what he thinks of me. SkullDiamondz, a rough, tall man who takes his job really seriously, and Fancypants. He’s a really quiet guy, and usually takes night patrol on the streets I think. All were Moderators I tended to like, except of course, Skull. He wasn’t too mean, but something gave me a impression he didn’t like me whatsoever, I could not figure out why.

“Um..what’s wrong?” I asked staring, I felt like a 5 year old asking for a new toy. It’s like the answer was obvious. We just stood there, finally Duckluv321, a newly ranked Senior Moderator, spoke up. In addition to her wool sweat, she had a nice fluffy hat on as well, which added to her kind looking appearance.

“The City Hall, someone robbed files. Not just any, the robber was very specific.” She told concerningly, she paused, as if figuring out what to do as she spoke. Then continued, “The swindler took files from storage room A3, new documents, probably unread ones.” I gasped. I was at room A3 yesterday night, and Pickle and I both heard something as well before we left. I turned my head to him and he was just as surprised as I was. He quickly started speaking, more gibberish then english actually.

“Um, yesterday Ceroria and I were there, and um, checking files in A3, and as we left I heard a noise..Ceroria told me it was nothing and then we left!” he mumbled. Everyone turned their heads and stared at me. I felt myself start to blush.

“Um..sorry?” I felt so stupid. This was all my fault and now this could be a serious problem.

“Okay, we need to find these files before the check up, that person might’ve had a huge criminal history and now it’s all gone. We need to have justice and catch this crook,” Duckluv stated without looking too mad at me. “Okay everyone work together and look around town, maybe you should talk to the elder Mooclan. He might know where this thief is hiding,” She looked around and glared at every one of us.

“I’ll go out to the scene itself and look for clues there. We need to hurry. This needs to be done by Sunday afternoon, before the checkup, otherwise we’ll be too late. It’s a shame most of the Moderators are out of town or have taken the day off. We’ve faced worse things, right? Let’s go!” and with that, Duck left the huddle and headed off to the City Hall.

“Wow nice going there,” It was Skull. I pretended not to hear him and we kept on walking out of the park, they all talked about what to do, I stood out of the conversation. Skull stared at me from time to time, but didn’t direct anything else to me.

“Hey Fancy did you see anything yesterday night? I mean, you were out patrolling right?” It was Skull that time.

“Yeah, yeah. I didn’t see anything, actually,” he responded in the usually soft voice he spoke in.

“Guys, I think we should talk to Mooclan,” It was the ever quiet Moose. I could barely hear what he said, but he was right.

“You’re right, but it’ll take 10 minutes at the least to get to his tiny abode,” Pickle added. We talked about the various thing we were going to do during Christmas, I honest didn’t understand why they were so calm about this dangerous situation.

Maybe it’s because I’m new here, and they’ve faced stuff like petty theft before, Duckluv did say “We've faced worst,” Earlier, maybe I shouldn’t be so worried. The thought stuck with me, however, and soon we were right at the edge of town.

Well, there it was. A a small wooden house was sitting on the edge of a green cliff, the sun shone brightly on the perfectly curved infrastructure. It was about as big as my apartment, but he made his house, it was beautiful. There was a small prairie ahead of us filled with colorful flowers, red, blue, any color you could think of, and a small garden patch in the top right edge of the landscape, I could see green sprouts stick right out of the dirt.

Right through the middle of the prairie was a paved stone path leading up to the tilted wooden entrance to his house. Everyone was silent, taking in the view and hard work Mooclan had done here. None of us had actually been to the elders’ house before. Except for Moose, because he didn’t act very excited.

“Alright, let’s go!” It was him. Moose sprinted up the and was already at the door, knocking loudly when the rest of us rushed up.

“He could be busy,” Fancypants warned, he always talked so quietly. Moose got tired of knocking and straight up busted through the door like a cop would in those Crime Investigation Shows.

The interior of his house was just as grand as the exterior. Several pots and vases surrounded the large one-room house. A huge circle rug was centered on the hardwood floor, red blue and green were mixed into the colorful concoction. On one of the little tables a small tank sat, inside were small sprouts and a miniature castle. Nibbling on some fish food, was a adorable goldfish.

The thing that caught my eye the most was a, well no scary,but interesting wooden-carved face. It looked as if it was staring directly into my soul. That’s when i saw Mooclan. He was wearing a green robe and was meditating on the floor. Suddenly his eyes flew open, it’s like he sensed our presence.

“Hello, Moose, looks like you brought some friends with you this time,” Mooclan stated, almost in a sleepily tone.

“Well, co-workers you could say, this is Fancy, Moose, Ceroria, Skull and Pickle, we are looking for someone,” He responded pointing to us accordingly.

“Who might this individual be?”

“That’s the thing, we don’t know, he broke into the City Hall yesterday, we’re searching for him.” Pickle explained.

“So why did you travel to my abode? What answers do you seek?”

“We need to find where a person like this could be hiding,” A deep voice broke in, Skull.

“Oh, look no further, go to the Southwestern part of town. That’s where the hoodlums go, always. Trust me, I’d know,” Mooclan smiled for the first time and continued meditating.

“Now leave! I’m in the middle of something here!” He shooed us away and soon we were on the trail.

“That guy is weird,” I whispered to my ‘co-workers’.

“Very interesting character, that man is,” Fancy nodded. Since Moo’s house was on the Northwestern outskirts, we had to walk quite a bit more. At this point I felt a bit better about all this.

Our small trip was soon over and we were at a small admanded street with several old rusted warehouses, like the type you’d see near a port. There were so many places to look! We all split up around the center area of where we were lead by the path. I was investigating on the side of the pier before I heard a startling noise. A spine tingling screech blew through, from straight ahead of me.

Part Three

Southwest Piers, Lowry Street.

I ran as fast as I could to the scene. Moose was already there, he had just seemed to appear before I did.

“What happened!?” I tried to act calm.

“I dunno, I heard the noise and ran over here!” he panicked. “Should we go inside or wait for the others?” He looked at the massive steel door to his side.

“Let’s go now! No time to wait, didn’t you hear that noise man?!” I was going crazy for the possible dangerous and exciting situation.

“Fine, I guess...” I opened the door and an even dirtier room awaited inside from the exterior of the building.

The structure had small ladders peeking into the second floor and small holes on the ceiling where snow was falling through. You could still hear the laughs and yells of children at the Fair and I had a lurching feel in my stomach. The room was mostly dark and fairly large, only one faint light source came from the corner of the landscape.

“Over there, quick!” I instructed Moose and we jogged over. The light was humming and I could not believe my eyes. In the corner of the room were two masked, fully cloaked in black men, one larger than the other. The big one was holding a black pouch and scatter the insides across an old table.

“Well, here they are, my work is done,” A deep voice whispered.

“Yes, these will come in handy. I already paid you, good bye, and thanks for removing that nuisance who interrupted us before,” And with that the man left and walked away, towards us.

“What are we gonna do??” I was scared, this guy could easily take on both of us. That man obviously had the files from yesterday.

“Okay, we can’t attack this kid. Hopefully the others will get here, but for now we get evidence, those are the files right?” He pulled out his camera and started recording the man who was still looking at the files from behind the counter.

“Yeah that’s definitely it,” I confirmed. I was still worried about the big guy who still hadn't left the building, but didn’t spot us. Another noise, it was the rest of the group. All were standing side by side and looked worn out. Skull yelled.

“Hey stop right there! We found you at last!” He ran over to him. “Put your hands up!” The man didn’t do as told. He easily broke free of Skull’s grip (He was totally trying to act like a cop, with that word choice) We all latched on to him and tried to pull him down. He stomped through us like a plow and sprinted out the door, most of us were on the floor or breathless. soon he was gone in the distance.

“That guy must be on KillAura or something, dang,” Moose joked. I suddenly realized something at the thought, the other guy was still in the building. I looked over and there we was, running from the entrance.

“There guys! The other man!” I got up and started running. This guy wasn’t on drugs or insanely strong like the other man so I caught up to him. I mean I am not very strong either, but I wasn’t lank. I knew the others didn’t know what I was doing, but I did.

“Okay, stop right there!” I yelled, about 10 feet from him. He was very exhausted, so was I, however. Not to worry as soon the rest of the gang was at my side.

“You are under arrest!!” this time it was Fancypants, who i hadn’t heard much from since the start. He seemed awfully excited. The hooded man still hadn’t revealed himself, so he ran. This time we were ready, he was immendly tackled by Pickle (surprisingly) and that was that. We removed his mask to find a older man, none of us knew him. He had golden hair, short buzz cut, a long nose and the type of look that made you want to punch him in the face.

For a second I thought he was going to say “And I would’ve done it too if it weren’t for you dang kids!” When some other Mods arrived to take him away. I was flooded with pride and finally felt a part of the team. We stood side by side and just enjoyed the relief of silence.

As for the other man? Now thats another story to be told.

Thanks for reading this story! I had a great time writing it and I hope you had a great time reading it! Here’s some people I’d like to thank.

Ceroria: One of my favorite mods who was the main character of this book! Thanks man! I hope you enjoyed it! I tried my best ;)

soggypickle: Thanks for letting me include you bro! I hope you enjoyed the story! I remember fighting you in Survival Games Highway when you were like 99th in the world, and I BEAT you! Only cause you were lagging :)

Moose: Yo thanks for letting me include you! I hope you enjoyed the book and we can play together sometime!

duckluv321: The Epic Senior Mod! Thanks for letting me add you and I hope you liked the story as well!

Fancypants6000 : YOU ARE A AWESOME Mod! I teamed with in Zone 85, really nice and great at his job, I hoped you enjoyed the story and your part in it!

TheLastGapple: AKA SkullDiamondz hey man! I hope you enjoyed the story and your part in it! Thanks! Play together some time? xD

Mooclan: The only non-staff person in this story! (and definitely deserves mod!) Thanks for everything and being a great role model! I hope you liked the part with your pet goldfish!

(Shoutout to MooclansGoldfish!)

Also guys, I hid some Easter Eggs in the story I bet you found ‘em! ;)
I could only skin through right now cause I'm at school, but it looks awesome!! I'll read the whole thing this afternoon :)

Thanks for having me as the main character. It's really cool c:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Metalclaw

Survivor
Reaction score
Yooooo the triple post is real
*oo baby a triple*

Just remember next time, just edit your previous post and include what you wanna say ^-^
that post reminds me of that one time that giant skype call with 4chan and omegle.... hehe

N

Nafeynafe

"The new Santa Claus"
Intro
"It is time" Santa said, "Time for what" One of the elf said. "It's time for a new Santa Claus." So they went on the Santa tracker and found someone named Nirmit Potter. They saw that he lived in Australia. They went to Australia and went to his house he wasn't home at that point in time so they crept in. When he came home he heard something grabbed a bat and kicked the intruder in the balls. Then the old man kept saying I am Santa Claus please come in my swamp. Nirmit called the police and said this guy is mentally disabled. Time travel was invented and Nirmit is writing a book about it.
It is the Christmas of 3019 came over four hundred years ago and flying cars were invented but were declared illegal because they all stopped working. Textbooks are finished and a two year old knows C++. Necular war aren't a threat because city's are not effected. They now play a video games to get over their anger. Bill Gates found a way to clear Ebola and a way to live forever. India has over that 3 billion people living in it, But we have found a way not to get over populated to live in underground cities or live in the air or on different countries. Also global Warming was a hoax.

Santa Claus is in the mental hospital, Saying that Christmas is going to be destroyed. Then he becomes a badass and breaks out of the jail and enjoys his new found popularity in the black market, He is having the fun in his life, He forgets about the Christmas, he gets asked a question by a little kid saying what are you going to do on Christmas. Then he ran for his life he grab no shoes or nothing lord Jesus "AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT." Then he goes to Nirmit house and he hears a crappy song called-Rick Ashtley-Dardue Sandstorm. HE SAYS NIRMIT YOU ARE THE NEXT SANTA CLAUS I AM A WHAT THE, NEXT SANTA CLAUS NIRMIT. WE ARGUE FOR HOURS. Santa then proves his magic. Nirmit then agrees with him, then he goes in Santa big white van. Turns out he was a peto and a mental idiot. NIRMIT was never seen again. R.I.P
--------------------------------------
(It's 12AM and I want to sleep bye)

this story is almost as good as my spooky scary skeletons haiku where i got robbed for not winning. 9/10 but more mlg references pls

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Wow I got into the top 3! :D

I'm pretty pleased with just that. I mean it's not like I want you to vote for me or anything....Baka!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci