• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tis` the season! [Christmas Story Contest]

Who has the best story?

• Giggity69Goo

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • KorStonesword

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Akash754

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Winter Winds

The third year had struck through. The season of Winter reigning. The roads frosted; its concrete merely thawed deep, as the cold dominated. Pine trees have ceased their rosemary-like scent, as they began to fade from life as the thick snow started to blanket over their branches. The rivers and lakes frosted within the ice, idled in place, nowhere to flow, nor splash, while the fish had slept dormant within the bitter sting of winter. All that remained was the soft hum of the wind that had flown across the globe, whispering within the ears of those living. Emptiness it was, the hum of Winter had flowed across the globe, that had slept.

Cold and lifeless, empty and silenced the forest was. Not a single chirp from a bird, nor the howl of a wolf; the roar of a bear had disappeared within its slumber and hibernation. Winter had struck, it faded in slowly as the temperatures descended over time. Bitter isolation had struck among those who lived within the forests, the bitter frost and snow laid itself to rest as the breathe of trees and the lives in the river disappeared. Ambitious Isodore was, to fade from the livelihood of society, and pursued his peace for the sake of sanity and his own goodwill; little had he acknowledged the wrath of the Winter winds.

The bark of the wood from the once lively home had begun rotting, losing chips of wood slowly towards such extents where the frost had pierced through, forming holes that are less bound to be repaired. The breeze of the frost had sneaked through the holes that have been left within the walls of the home. Thus caused Isodore to shiver, desperate for his fire-place to ignite a more powerful flame. He was once again isolated in the bitter care, rested within the arms of Winter. Not a single soul close by to celebrate yet another year, nor a mere spark of heat to appear within his grasp.

Isodore desperately kept the fire to its fullest potential, as he tossed in pieces of paper from his old scrapbook to which contained the former memories of his past. He had an enjoyable childhood; he lived and grown healthily. However, he had the sheer intent of burning the memories that were engraved to his thoughts in to the roaring fire-pit that had actively burned through the chimney. Slowly they have faded, the memories, pictures and diary entries; slowly they have faded in to the despair to where it had become non-existent at all. The flames howl as they devoured the memories that were once engraved on pieces of paper or plastic. Isodore glared at the flame, as he desperately kept it alive as the winds of Winter swayed violently among his withering home.
Then there was a knock on the door.

"Probably be 'em branches."
Isodore proclaimed, he dismissed the knock by waving off at the door, as a sign of ignorance. Thus he continued burning away his memories, no strain nor remorse for his actions.
There was another knock.
The knock sequence had seemingly been patterned, tuned within a rhythm of an old Christmas carol; somewhat similar to the silent nights.
"Who could it be at this 'ime of night? I have no dime to spare!"
Isodore exclaimed.

He slowly ascended from his rotting, earl grey coloured willow wooden chair that creaked, rested facing the blaze that lit the tiny room of the fireplace and slowly approached the front door, trudging with caution without bumping in to his book cases, pictures and albums that laid scattered across the floor. Merely remnants of the past, bound to be within the flames.
He had opened the door.

The door had creaked slowly as it slid across the wooden floor, Isodore slowly, and cautiously popped his head towards the edge of the door, as he took a peek from what could have been outside, and who the stranger was that knocked on the door. He had vaguely recognized a shadowed figure, slim and nimble. Isodore was not able to see the face of this supposed figure, as the entity was cloaked in a ragged silk and cloth. The entity seemed to be shivering.
"What'd want? Out of days like this, how'v you stumbled in my domain?" Isodore demanded, rather rudely, and an impatient manner.
The mysterious figure slowly brought their nimble, skinny arms towards the hood of the cloak. As they uncovered their cold, and lifeless face, towards what Isodore had witnessed by surprised.
It was a woman.

"Please, I wish for food for my family, I have been travelling across the land to find a single soul that would be willing to aid me and my family."
She begged, she lifted her hands and formed a sign that represented such helplessness she had within her.
"I ain't interested, all that time for ye travellin' was worth not a single dime, go elsewhere. I'm no man for support."
Isodore explained. He closed the door in front of her, but out of respect, he had wished her farewell and a good luck, an appraisal for her efforts, but he had not her in. He heard the footsteps slowly trudging through the harsh snowfall, moments later he had listened to a large thump that had been similar to a body that had fallen flat on the snow bed.

Isodore was concerned, and quickly dashed outside to the freezing cold, and could distinguish the figure, her, laying peacefully on the ground, as if she were a lifeless corpse. He had quickly sprinted, trudging through the thick snow, a giant mole that had attempted to consume his feet.
He crouched down to lift her from the snow, he had placed his worn out, deer fur jacket around her shoulders as he lifted her frozen, corpse-like body. As if it were as he dug a body from the graves in the snow.
He quickly dashed back with her frozen body to the small, warm cottage.

" 'Tis the season nights, out of all nights, you be travellin' at this time."
He stripped her of the frozen, wet clothing and replaced it with two warm blankets, and laid her next to the little fire he had left. He sat back on his wooden chair and had patiently idled himself until she had woken up.
She slowly ascended her upper body; she was perplexed towards her new surroundings, she gazed upon the fireplace and had felt the soothing warmth and comfort from its heat.
She quickly turned around, to see Isodore resting on his chair.

"Th...Thank you, sir."
"Nothin' to thank me for, you were dying out there." He exclaimed.
Isodore grasps a wooden cup, he pours hot, leafed green tea inside of it and lends it to the woman, as she was still shivering.
"Drink, it'll help with the shivering of yours."
She slowly brought the steaming cup of tea towards her lips, and sipping it bit by bit. She had recovered quickly from the cold. Isodore left his chair and sat by her side, as he gazed upon the fire, sparking with life.
"What's your name?" Isodore asked.
"I am Eve." She responded.

Eve investigated the floor and noticed all the scraps and pictures, albums and books scattered across the floor. She then discovered a photo of two individuals, she picked it up to notice a man and a woman. The man had similar facial features as to Isodore. He contained medium-length, wavy leather black hair. Expression that was as bright as the fire, with a light complexion. Eve was curious towards who the lady next to him was.
"Her name was Decie."
He said.
"Was she a family member?"
"Yes, my little sis'."
"What happened?" Eve asked.

"She'd been ill, too long to remember the last time she smiled like that."
He responded.
Isodore snatched the photo from Eve's grasp, and had a long gaze at the one supposedly named Decie. Moments after, Eve took a glimpse on Isodore, and noticed a tear streaming down his cheek. Isodore turned again, quickly wiping his tear off his face, as he glimpsed at Eve.
"It's been so long since I last met 'er. 'Tis been my third year, alone, you've been the first to come to my house since then."
Isodore said, as his face dimmed in an expressionless mood, that had ceased any sense of hopefulness.
"I just wan' to see her back once more."
He exclaimed. Out of sheer frustration, he tossed the photo within the fire pit, and had let it to burn, to let the burdens of his past cease to exist. Without word, Eve had not protested, and had gazed closely at the fire.

"I'll go prepare us some stew"
Isodore said. He ascended from the mat by the fire-place and made his way towards his worn out, and stain infested stove, which he placed a copper crock-pot, and began throwing in rabbit meat, carrots, and lettuce with water inside of it.
"So... How's your family?"
Isodore asked.
"Starving, my three children have been left alone for quite some time, it has been such a pilgrimage, and a burden to look for food for them, and even find them a shelter."
"Where are they now?"
Isodore asked again. He took out his wooden spoon from the drawers, and began mixing the stew carefully, cautious from burning himself, as the steam chimed through the pot, filling the air with a lustrous scent of rabbit stew.
"My oldest daughter, Sue, is taking care of my two young twins, Joseph and Earl. They are within a campsite far North."
Eve responded. Moments later, she began ascending from the mat, still covered in blankets, she slowly walked towards the crock-pot to take a glimpse at the nearly set rabbit stew.

"The stew's ready. I'll be off to rest."
Isodore suggested, he began strolling through the cottage and made his way towards his ragged, feather coated mattress, as if he were a man that lived within the streets of urban lifestyle. Starving as much as Eve did when she had first appeared at the front of his partially destroyed door.
"Good night, Isodore. Sleep well."
"You too, Eve."

And so the night passed on calmly, the windy frost had begun blowing calmer air, the frosted lakes glimmered, and glowed within the dark of Winter, shining light towards those near it. Howls have arisen once more, as the wolves began mobilizing their tribes back together for celebration and rejoice. The night passed on, and thus fled to morn'.

Isodore jumped out of his mattress, he squinted his eyes and began focusing on the surroundings of the room within the morning, light shone through the withered holes, while the window reflected the sun, and its warmth. He gazed around the room, he analyzed the surroundings to notice the extinguished fire-place, the sun had shone through so brightly in the morning. It was such a rare occurrence for Isodore; he enjoyed every moment of it.
Unfortunately, he had noticed no life around the fireplace. He quickly made his view towards the stove, where the crock-pot once laid, but now disappeared.
"Blasted, it's gone, her too..."

He slowly steps towards his wooden chair, to notice a piece of paper with some sort of writing that was engraved on it. A letter.
He unfolded the flaps and had gazed at the handwriting closely, supposedly it was Eve's.
"Thank you, Isodore, I thank you for your efforts for aiding me, and may the angels be upon you, thus a surprise shall wait outside upon your home."
A knock on a door is heard.

Isodore quickly dashed to the doorway and quickly opened it out of curiosity, and excitement, he first noticed the air to be much more conveniently breathable, the snow shone like glitter scattered across the floor, and a figure, nimble and thin. Her hair was leathery black while it hung short towards her neck, her smile, shone amongst the sunlight, bringing such a bright, cheerful complexion.
"Decie..."
"It's been such a long time, Isodore. So long..."

{{ Phewie! That sure took a while to make, hopefully you've enjoyed, if you read it at all, but yeah, this is for the fun of it, and I wish a congratulations to Andreas, pal, you made a good story! I also congratulate KorStoneSword, and Akash for making absolutely epic stories as well, especially you, Kor. Seriously, that was dark, and I loved it! Yes, my story is pretty boring, and hopefully I'll be able to continue improving my writing capabilities in the future, heck, I might as well print it out for the fun of it. Have a nice day, and a happy new year! <33 }}

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Winter Winds

The third year had struck through. The season of Winter reigning. The roads frosted; its concrete merely thawed deep, as the cold dominated. Pine trees have ceased their rosemary-like scent, as they began to fade from life as the thick snow started to blanket over their branches. The rivers and lakes frosted within the ice, idled in place, nowhere to flow, nor splash, while the fish had slept dormant within the bitter sting of winter. All that remained was the soft hum of the wind that had flown across the globe, whispering within the ears of those living. Emptiness it was, the hum of Winter had flowed across the globe, that had slept.

Cold and lifeless, empty and silenced the forest was. Not a single chirp from a bird, nor the howl of a wolf; the roar of a bear had disappeared within its slumber and hibernation. Winter had struck, it faded in slowly as the temperatures descended over time. Bitter isolation had struck among those who lived within the forests, the bitter frost and snow laid itself to rest as the breathe of trees and the lives in the river disappeared. Ambitious Isodore was, to fade from the livelihood of society, and pursued his peace for the sake of sanity and his own goodwill; little had he acknowledged the wrath of the Winter winds.

The bark of the wood from the once lively home had begun rotting, losing chips of wood slowly towards such extents where the frost had pierced through, forming holes that are less bound to be repaired. The breeze of the frost had sneaked through the holes that have been left within the walls of the home. Thus caused Isodore to shiver, desperate for his fire-place to ignite a more powerful flame. He was once again isolated in the bitter care, rested within the arms of Winter. Not a single soul close by to celebrate yet another year, nor a mere spark of heat to appear within his grasp.

Isodore desperately kept the fire to its fullest potential, as he tossed in pieces of paper from his old scrapbook to which contained the former memories of his past. He had an enjoyable childhood; he lived and grown healthily. However, he had the sheer intent of burning the memories that were engraved to his thoughts in to the roaring fire-pit that had actively burned through the chimney. Slowly they have faded, the memories, pictures and diary entries; slowly they have faded in to the despair to where it had become non-existent at all. The flames howl as they devoured the memories that were once engraved on pieces of paper or plastic. Isodore glared at the flame, as he desperately kept it alive as the winds of Winter swayed violently among his withering home.

Isodore proclaimed, he dismissed the knock by waving off at the door, as a sign of ignorance. Thus he continued burning away his memories, no strain nor remorse for his actions.
There was another knock.
The knock sequence had seemingly been patterned, tuned within a rhythm of an old Christmas carol; somewhat similar to the silent nights.
Isodore exclaimed.

He slowly ascended from his rotting, earl grey coloured willow wooden chair that creaked, rested facing the blaze that lit the tiny room of the fireplace and slowly approached the front door, trudging with caution without bumping in to his book cases, pictures and albums that laid scattered across the floor. Merely remnants of the past, bound to be within the flames.
He had opened the door.

The door had creaked slowly as it slid across the wooden floor, Isodore slowly, and cautiously popped his head towards the edge of the door, as he took a peek from what could have been outside, and who the stranger was that knocked on the door. He had vaguely recognized a shadowed figure, slim and nimble. Isodore was not able to see the face of this supposed figure, as the entity was cloaked in a ragged silk and cloth. The entity seemed to be shivering.
"What'd want? Out of days like this, how'v you stumbled in my domain?" Isodore demanded, rather rudely, and an impatient manner.
The mysterious figure slowly brought their nimble, skinny arms towards the hood of the cloak. As they uncovered their cold, and lifeless face, towards what Isodore had witnessed by surprised.
It was a woman.

"Please, I wish for food for my family, I have been travelling across the land to find a single soul that would be willing to aid me and my family."
She begged, she lifted her hands and formed a sign that represented such helplessness she had within her.
"I ain't interested, all that time for ye travellin' was worth not a single dime, go elsewhere. I'm no man for support."
Isodore explained. He closed the door in front of her, but out of respect, he had wished her farewell and a good luck, an appraisal for her efforts, but he had not her in. He heard the footsteps slowly trudging through the harsh snowfall, moments later he had listened to a large thump that had been similar to a body that had fallen flat on the snow bed.

Isodore was concerned, and quickly dashed outside to the freezing cold, and could distinguish the figure, her, laying peacefully on the ground, as if she were a lifeless corpse. He had quickly sprinted, trudging through the thick snow, a giant mole that had attempted to consume his feet.
He crouched down to lift her from the snow, he had placed his worn out, deer fur jacket around her shoulders as he lifted her frozen, corpse-like body. As if it were as he dug a body from the graves in the snow.

He stripped her of the frozen, wet clothing and replaced it with two warm blankets, and laid her next to the little fire he had left. He sat back on his wooden chair and had patiently idled himself until she had woken up.
She slowly ascended her upper body; she was perplexed towards her new surroundings, she gazed upon the fireplace and had felt the soothing warmth and comfort from its heat.

"Th...Thank you, sir."
Isodore grasps a wooden cup, he pours hot, leafed green tea inside of it and lends it to the woman, as she was still shivering.
She slowly brought the steaming cup of tea towards her lips, and sipping it bit by bit. She had recovered quickly from the cold. Isodore left his chair and sat by her side, as he gazed upon the fire, sparking with life.

Eve investigated the floor and noticed all the scraps and pictures, albums and books scattered across the floor. She then discovered a photo of two individuals, she picked it up to notice a man and a woman. The man had similar facial features as to Isodore. He contained medium-length, wavy leather black hair. Expression that was as bright as the fire, with a light complexion. Eve was curious towards who the lady next to him was.
"Her name was Decie."
He said.
"Yes, my little sis'."

He responded.
Isodore snatched the photo from Eve's grasp, and had a long gaze at the one supposedly named Decie. Moments after, Eve took a glimpse on Isodore, and noticed a tear streaming down his cheek. Isodore turned again, quickly wiping his tear off his face, as he glimpsed at Eve.
"It's been so long since I last met 'er. 'Tis been my third year, alone, you've been the first to come to my house since then."
Isodore said, as his face dimmed in an expressionless mood, that had ceased any sense of hopefulness.
He exclaimed. Out of sheer frustration, he tossed the photo within the fire pit, and had let it to burn, to let the burdens of his past cease to exist. Without word, Eve had not protested, and had gazed closely at the fire.

Isodore said. He ascended from the mat by the fire-place and made his way towards his worn out, and stain infested stove, which he placed a copper crock-pot, and began throwing in rabbit meat, carrots, and lettuce with water inside of it.
Isodore asked.
"Starving, my three children have been left alone for quite some time, it has been such a pilgrimage, and a burden to look for food for them, and even find them a shelter."
"Where are they now?"
Isodore asked again. He took out his wooden spoon from the drawers, and began mixing the stew carefully, cautious from burning himself, as the steam chimed through the pot, filling the air with a lustrous scent of rabbit stew.
"My oldest daughter, Sue, is taking care of my two young twins, Joseph and Earl. They are within a campsite far North."
Eve responded. Moments later, she began ascending from the mat, still covered in blankets, she slowly walked towards the crock-pot to take a glimpse at the nearly set rabbit stew.

Isodore suggested, he began strolling through the cottage and made his way towards his ragged, feather coated mattress, as if he were a man that lived within the streets of urban lifestyle. Starving as much as Eve did when she had first appeared at the front of his partially destroyed door.
"You too, Eve."

And so the night passed on calmly, the windy frost had begun blowing calmer air, the frosted lakes glimmered, and glowed within the dark of Winter, shining light towards those near it. Howls have arisen once more, as the wolves began mobilizing their tribes back together for celebration and rejoice. The night passed on, and thus fled to morn'.

Isodore jumped out of his mattress, he squinted his eyes and began focusing on the surroundings of the room within the morning, light shone through the withered holes, while the window reflected the sun, and its warmth. He gazed around the room, he analyzed the surroundings to notice the extinguished fire-place, the sun had shone through so brightly in the morning. It was such a rare occurrence for Isodore; he enjoyed every moment of it.
Unfortunately, he had noticed no life around the fireplace. He quickly made his view towards the stove, where the crock-pot once laid, but now disappeared.

He slowly steps towards his wooden chair, to notice a piece of paper with some sort of writing that was engraved on it. A letter.
He unfolded the flaps and had gazed at the handwriting closely, supposedly it was Eve's.
"Thank you, Isodore, I thank you for your efforts for aiding me, and may the angels be upon you, thus a surprise shall wait outside upon your home."

Isodore quickly dashed to the doorway and quickly opened it out of curiosity, and excitement, he first noticed the air to be much more conveniently breathable, the snow shone like glitter scattered across the floor, and a figure, nimble and thin. Her hair was leathery black while it hung short towards her neck, her smile, shone amongst the sunlight, bringing such a bright, cheerful complexion.
"Decie..."

{{ Phewie! That sure took a while to make, hopefully you've enjoyed, if you read it at all, but yeah, this is for the fun of it, and I wish a congratulations to Andreas, pal, you made a good story! I also congratulate KorStoneSword, and Akash for making absolutely epic stories as well, especially you, Kor. Seriously, that was dark, and I loved it! Yes, my story is pretty boring, and hopefully I'll be able to continue improving my writing capabilities in the future, heck, I might as well print it out for the fun of it. Have a nice day, and a happy new year! <33 }}
GG. thanks, great story.

Reaction score
Winter Winds

There was another knock.
Isodore exclaimed.

He had opened the door.

It was a woman.

"Th...Thank you, sir."

"Her name was Decie."
He said.
"Yes, my little sis'."

He responded.

Isodore asked.
"Where are they now?"

"You too, Eve."

"Decie..."

Only if you posted early

Why..;-;

Goodbye, I guess the donor life will not come true...
Stop acting emotional. He won it fair and square

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You knew.. Anyway why are you like oh the donor life doesn't isn't coming true. That is you asking for sympathy and a rank..
I didn't, both of those occurrences were jokes, at least I thought dude. Well whatever I just don't want people to think I'm a cheater..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci