• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TNT (Disclaimer It's a Long Post)

The_Thesaurus

Spectator
Reaction score
I apologize for the long post but you can read this if you want!

When you're playing Survival Games solo a lot of the time you run into a team of people, and then you run away, but one of the team members ends up winning... It's also really annoying when you're spectating the deathmatch teammates wait for ages to kill each other and it's REALLY annoying almost as annoying as knowing the solo players can only win on a very lucky occasion! So most of us have either read the books or/and seen the films you know she broke up a team with a wasp nest, which was basically an "AOE attack", so there are no wasps in Minecraft and you can't really give people silverfish eggs! So what would be good for singling people in teams out so they can be killed or just killing them there and then. So if they are in a forest trading items etc. you can't really run in swords a blazing, and a bow would just reveal you and then they charge you and brutally murder you... so running in with TNT and a redstone torch setting it off and blowing 'em up, or as I said earlier braking them up and killing them with your sword.

Thank you for reading and I hope you implement my ideas and if you do I would appreciate some credit but if it's not possible I don't mind.

dangoh11 :)

Tobbvald

Survivor
Reaction score
I will now counter your super long post with yet another (gasp) super long post!

I agree partially with your idea about adding better ways to take on teams, but TNT is not the solution. First off, it's slow to use against players, and almost never works. Secondly, what if said team were to get said TNT? then you'd end up even more dead than without it. We need some other defense. Re-adding Monsters is a start, you can jsut hide and let them take care of people for you. Secondly something I read in another post, adding Potions. This could really enhance your odds, as long as you have the time to kill monsters and find chests to get ingredients. Monsters would mean much more EXP for those interested in enchanting, meaning those who want it can easily just grind at night. TNT could very much be of assistance occasionally as a surprise-element, but over-all not the best idea. Still, together this could be our solution...

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If TNT is set to blow as soon as you place it, i think it could be a nice way to kill one or two people. Imagine if you placed it behind a tree, and ran away as people ran toward you. Rape time :D

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It really isn't needed as said above what if team's got it adn you didn't. Also if you wanted to make it move like the movie then it would mean like traps were you are hiding and say a TNT is already place in the tree. But this could also lead to people already knowing it's there adn avoiding that area. So in the end it's useless, if you want to take down a team the best way is in the water, you could also form your own team on the forums or in pre-game lobby as many others want teams. So I would say no to the TNT idea and thanks for reading this long post. :)

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
If you got a few pieces of TNT, it's an insta-kill. No skill required.
It would kinda stop the whole idea of having skill in swordsmanship and archery and parkour to kill your opponents.

MachJacob

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with the introduction of TNT, but it should probably be nerfed if brought in e.g. less explosion radius, less damage etc. This is mainly because I liked district 3 in the books and there is nothing in this that even relates to them, so you should be able to make some redstone mechanisms.

MachJacob

Survivor
Reaction score
would be cool if the tnt would only do damage
They already do only damage, on map 1 there is a pressure plate at the castle that activates an explosion that damages you without destroying the area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci