• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To ChadTheDj...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Experienced
Reaction score
That's because it's not really any of your business? You're not being paid, this isn't a 'job'. You're volunteering for a minecraft server that you play on. Be realistic, you have no power and you're pretending to know more than you do
Let me start off by saying you were never a mod so I don't really think you understand what it is like being staff. You say staff don't have any power when really mod have a lot more power that you give credit for. Second thing is you said mods pretend we know more then we do and sometimes this may be true but in this case with Chad it isn't. We actually do get told stuff about him. You also said it none of our business about why he is not around well it is kinda our business because us mods deverse to know where the owner of the server is and why he is letting the community fall apart.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
That's because it's not really any of your business? You're not being paid, this isn't a 'job'. You're volunteering for a minecraft server that you play on. Be realistic, you have no power and you're pretending to know more than you do
Yes exactly! We are volunteering our time without getting paid, to the benefit of his server. Therefore I expect when I write a long proposal to improve the community to at least know that he read it. And on occasion get feedback. I also expect that he attends some mod meetings, so that we can give suggestions. Otherwise it feels like he doesn't care. Listen to other staff members. Many of them share the same concerns as me.

And if you want more examples, when I spend numerous hours of my life planning an event, I expect him to get me the prizes that he promised he would provide in a reasonable time. Not two months late. This isn't really asking much.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
Yes exactly! We are volunteering our time without getting paid, to the benefit of his server. Therefore I expect when I write a long proposal to improve the community to at least know that he read it. And on occasion get feedback.
You're so low on the chain of who matters in the mcsg community. Chad doesn't have to do squat, it's his server. He's in his twenties and he probably has much bigger priorities in his life.
You're wasting your time if you think this is going to magically fix the servers, they're already far past their prime days.
+ this is a minecraft server. There are others to go on, you're not obligated to be here. Make suggestions, sure, but tweet the admins and devs- tell people who can do something. They've happily talked to me, I'm sure they'll talk to you. Unless you are doing a better job running a server, you shouldn't complain.
Let me start off by saying you were never a mod so I don't really think you understand what it is like being staff.
I probably had more friends in the AU staff team than you ever did buddy. I get what it's like being staff, bro... You attend meetings, ban people if you actually bother going out of the hub, have a cry when you resign, etc. You're simply playing a block game and, trust me, I know what that is like.
You say staff don't have any power when really mod have a lot more power that you give credit for.
You clearly don't have any power otherwise why are threads like this made.
Second thing is you said mods pretend we know more then we do and sometimes this may be true but in this case with Chad it isn't. We actually do get told stuff about him. You also said it none of our business about why he is not around well it is kinda our business because us mods deverse to know where the owner of the server is and why he is letting the community fall apart.
Chad is smart. He can 'employ' you for free, he's kept this server running and profiting for years now. His personal life is none of your business, regardless of how it affects your precious community. If you don't like the server, don't play. End of story.

Last edited:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
You're so low on the chain of who matters in the mcsg community.
Get your facts straight. "On the chain of who matters in the mcsg community" everyone matters. From Chad, to the devs, to the admins, to the Sr. Staff, to the moderators, to the donors, to the regulars everyone matters. While there may be a power structure, everyone helps shape what MCGamer is. The communities feedback is what influences developers decisions, the moderators feedback impacts policy changes made by the Sr. Staff team, and Chad hopefully makes his decisions based on the bests interests of the community. Yes it is Chad's network, but that doesn't mean that he should put on a blindfold and do what ever the hell he wants. If he did that this community would collapse. He has to listen to the communities voice's, and he knows that and he does that.

Chad doesn't have to do squat, it's his server. He's in his twenties and he probably has much bigger priorities in his life.
No, he doesn't have to do anything. And obviously he has bigger priorities in his life. However, go ask Chad if he wants this network to die tomorrow. The answer to that questions will be no. If he wants this community to survive, then he needs to run it properly. This is why I gave him some constructive feedback.

You're wasting your time if you think this is going to magically fix the servers, they're already far past their prime days.
+ this is a minecraft server. There are others to go on, you're not obligated to be here.
I never said or created this thread with the intent to magically fix the server. I wrote this thread as constructive criticism to help be a piece in the puzzle. If it didn't accomplish much I could care less. This thread took 10 minutes to write. There are 24 hours in a day. This community is very important to me. This was not a waste of my time. Considering the reaction this thread has gotten from the community, I can say that this was in fact time well spent. And as far as there being other networks to go on. I know. I have played on Badlion, I have played on Hypixel, I have played on MinePlex, and countless others. However, I have been a part of this community for three years, and it therefore has a special significance for me personally compared to the other networks.

Make suggestions, sure, but tweet the admins and devs- tell people who can do something. They've happily talked to me, I'm sure they'll talk to you. Unless you are doing a better job running a server, you shouldn't complain..
Ask CAmadeusA, Yannick, or many of the other Sr. Staff members and you will find that I have in fact done this. A LOT. However, this is where you don't understand. You act like you know what it is to be a staff member without ever actually being one.

You have never sat in a staff meeting and listened to solid idea after solid idea be told that "that is a Chad thing" over and over again because meeting after meeting Chad was not there. You have never organized a Gamemode Spotlight and be promised coupons as prizes. Only for it to take two months to get the prizes, because for some reason it takes him a century to generate three coupon codes.

This is not to say that the Sr. Staff are never able to consider your idea on their own, there are certainly times when they can. However, more often or not this is the case. I could write a whole essay on this topic explaining it, with quotes from current and ex-staff members but after all you told me that this is just a Minecraft server and that I am wasting my time so I won't.

I probably had more friends in the AU staff team than you ever did buddy. I get what it's like being staff, bro... You attend meetings, ban people if you actually bother going out of the hub, have a cry when you resign, etc. You're simply playing a block game and, trust me, I know what that is like.
You lost a lot of credibility with this point. Not only did you attack Mike for no reason, but any staff member will know that the staff team is WAY more complex than you make it sound. And most community members who have never been staff are aware of this. Most people will have red flags flying everywhere while they read this.

You clearly don't have any power otherwise why are threads like this made.
Threads like this are made because we have power. By making this thread I am using that power. That power is my voice. Is my voice powerful? No, not at all. I am one out of thousands of other community members. But, if several other community members show support for my argument, then it becomes more powerful. On this thread that was clearly the case.

Chad is smart. He can 'employ' you for free, he's kept this server running and profiting for years now. His personal life is none of your business, regardless of how it affects your precious community. If you don't like the server, don't play. End of story.
  1. You make it sound like Chad is doing this only for the money which is disrespectful to Chad.
  2. His personal life is none of my business I agree.
  3. I like this server, I just point out its imperfections and try to help improve them.
------------------
Like I have said before, I have nothing against Chad personally. I just feel that if he spends a bit more time interacting with the community and staff, this network will be in a much stronger position. Therefore I gave him feedback because I care. If you don't care whether or not this community survives, which you make it sound like then feel free to leave. You literally said that yourself.

On another note, can a staff member please lock this thread. While portions of it are still true, parts of it no longer reflect my opinion of Chad. The Summer Update has done him good things. ;)

HuggaBear

Career
Reaction score
On another note, can a staff member please lock this thread. While portions of it are still true, parts of it no longer reflect my opinion of Chad. The Summer Update has done him good things. ;)
Sure thing! Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci