• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tone Down NoCheat+ Please!

Sigh

Spectator
Reaction score
I feel I must put in my two cents as well, that being that maybe we should fine tune the Nocheat+ just a bit. Just today I played two games where this "rubber banding" happened, one in my favor, one in the other player's. Either way it's incredibly annoying to deal with, especially when it happens whilst swimming of all things!

I also find that this is not limited to the actual game, its effect is in response while in the lobby as well. (I parkour a lot, and around 10% of my tries ends up with my jumps either glitching into midair or back into my jumping spot)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I completely agree with this post. Rubberbanding is the most annoying thing that could possibly happen inside a game. It has effected me so frequently, it is really beginning to get on my nerves. I do a lot of running away from people, so this does not work in my favor. As many people above have said, it may or may not be the easiest thing to implement to NCP. And as G33ke said, if we tone down NCP, there will be a higher risk of our servers getting infected with brilliantly-schemed hack clients that would ruin the MCSG experience even more.

Simply, I think there is no way around it. I'm afraid we will have to live with this for a long time, or until the developers come up with something, which would be far off. They're extremely busy working on ZedChase, and more important things, like exploding pedestals (lol jokes). We also only have so many developers on the MCSG servers. All in all, this would either be easy or hard to implement, but there's one thing I can say for sure: It's not currently the main focus of the developers. Sure, it's annoying, but you can learn some tactics to avoid it. I won't list any, because I don't know of any, but I am certain there are ways around this strange bug.

In a way, rubberbanding is a good thing. What, WHAT? WHAT did you just say? Yep. That's right. You might be thinking: "IMPOSSIBRU" and that it completely contradicts to what the thread is actually talking about. Think of it in this situation: You hit a player a bunch of times, and you're sure that one hit and he will go kaput. As most people would do in this instance, the person will begin to run away. Being frustrated as is, you begin to follow, hopefully to catch up to the person. The guy tries to jump onto another block, and instantly gets the rubberband effect. You manage to get a few hits off of him and he dies. You pick his stuff up, and feel like an absolute boss for your achievement.

I am aware that what I just said won't completely change the way you look at NCP forever, but I'm trying to unearth the bright side of such a dark situation. One thing I always like to do is to try to find the bright side of a situation. It just makes you feel so much better. Doesn't it? And so what if this effect happens to you and you die? Well, you simply move on to the next server. It's that simple. MCSG is just a server, and Minecraft is just a game, when you think about it. Don't feel so down at such a minuscule bad thing that occurred. Who knows, you may learn something from it. Like using a fishing rod to break somebody's sprint, or some other tactics. It's just a bug, and we should all appreciate all of the good things about these servers, not the little bugs like rubberbanding and NCP.

Think; would you rather have a server chain infested with various hack clients, completely ruining your experience, or live with the rubberbanding?

That's what I thought.
This post is getting long so it's just about done right...now.

Kthxbai
-Mamiamato24..NOW!

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I completely agree with this post. Rubberbanding is the most annoying thing that could possibly happen inside a game. It has effected me so frequently, it is really beginning to get on my nerves. I do a lot of running away from people, so this does not work in my favor. As many people above have said, it may or may not be the easiest thing to implement to NCP. And as G33ke said, if we tone down NCP, there will be a higher risk of our servers getting infected with brilliantly-schemed hack clients that would ruin the MCSG experience even more.

Simply, I think there is no way around it. I'm afraid we will have to live with this for a long time, or until the developers come up with something, which would be far off. They're extremely busy working on ZedChase, and more important things, like exploding pedestals (lol jokes). We also only have so many developers on the MCSG servers. All in all, this would either be easy or hard to implement, but there's one thing I can say for sure: It's not currently the main focus of the developers. Sure, it's annoying, but you can learn some tactics to avoid it. I won't list any, because I don't know of any, but I am certain there are ways around this strange bug.

In a way, rubberbanding is a good thing. What, WHAT? WHAT did you just say? Yep. That's right. You might be thinking: "IMPOSSIBRU" and that it completely contradicts to what the thread is actually talking about. Think of it in this situation: You hit a player a bunch of times, and you're sure that one hit and he will go kaput. As most people would do in this instance, the person will begin to run away. Being frustrated as is, you begin to follow, hopefully to catch up to the person. The guy tries to jump onto another block, and instantly gets the rubberband effect. You manage to get a few hits off of him and he dies. You pick his stuff up, and feel like an absolute boss for your achievement.

I am aware that what I just said won't completely change the way you look at NCP forever, but I'm trying to unearth the bright side of such a dark situation. One thing I always like to do is to try to find the bright side of a situation. It just makes you feel so much better. Doesn't it? And so what if this effect happens to you and you die? Well, you simply move on to the next server. It's that simple. MCSG is just a server, and Minecraft is just a game, when you think about it. Don't feel so down at such a minuscule bad thing that occurred. Who knows, you may learn something from it. Like using a fishing rod to break somebody's sprint, or some other tactics. It's just a bug, and we should all appreciate all of the good things about these servers, not the little bugs like rubberbanding and NCP.

Think; would you rather have a server chain infested with various hack clients, completely ruining your experience, or live with the rubberbanding?

That's what I thought.
This post is getting long so it's just about done right...now.

Kthxbai
-Mamiamato24..NOW!
Yet another well-written post, nice :D.
I'm curious as to why MCSG has many known-bugs, although the developers choose to turn away and focus on new things.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Yet another well-written post, nice :D.
I'm curious as to why MCSG has many known-bugs, although the developers choose to turn away and focus on new things.
New things are always great. The developers always try to keep the servers fresh in one way or another. You could report a bug you see, but sometimes it may not happen to everyone, and if it's an epidemic they're most likely working on it as we speak.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
New things are always great. The developers always try to keep the servers fresh in one way or another. You could report a bug you see, but sometimes it may not happen to everyone, and if it's an epidemic they're most likely working on it as we speak.
That's true, but we don't necessarily receive news of the progress they've made (or if they've made any at all). I wish they had a GitHub page so I could track what they've done.. haha.

Sigh

Spectator
Reaction score
If we could just get a word from one of the developers about how difficult it would be to tweak this maybe we could put this issue to bed.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
That's true, but we don't necessarily receive news of the progress they've made (or if they've made any at all). I wish they had a GitHub page so I could track what they've done.. haha.
Something similar to this has been suggested in a thread by HalfSquirrel called "More Information for the Community" or something along those lines. It would be nice if we could keep track of what they're currently working on. Besides, I like surprises :D

SURPRISE ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci