• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TONS of ways to improve MCGamer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
These are TONS of ways to improve MCGamer, bear in mind this is from my opinion and prospective.

MCGamer Improvements:
1. To stop players from hackusating in chat, make it say in the chat 'Please do not hackusate, use /report'. Make it unable for players to type 'hax, h4x, hacker, h4cker, hacks, h4cks, toggle, autoclicker, etc. As hackusating players are very annoying and disrespectful.
2. Remove the gamemodes that are very rarely played, and add new gamemodes which most players would prefer (such as 1v1, 2v2, PotPvP, SoupPvP, OITC, etc) (But of course don't duplicate or make it too similar to other servers, have a twist in it)
3. Try and Improve the NCP plugin, the NCP makes you unable to FNS quickly and to sprint and jump rapidly when there are blocks directly on top of you. There are also obviously still many hackers on the server, I still see speed hackers and dolphin hackers despite of having an NCP. An idea that I got from the Badlion Network is such as 'Judgement Day' where every mod and everyone tries to ban all cheaters and hackers on the server, something similar like this although not entirely copied may be having a ban system like this every week.
4. Add back the AS servers (as.mcgamer.net), we know that there was an AS server back then, and was rarely played, but now the amount of Asian players are much higher compared to last time. Asian players get such a terrible below average connection at its best about: US: 180-300ms, EU: 250-500ms, AU: 230-330ms. Now the best probably possible way to have average 5 bar connection to the server is to use programs such as WTFast, Pingzapper, etc which changes your IP and improves your connection, most of this is also paid and doesn't make us have the same connection as most normal players at their region. I can have 150-200ms on AU using WTFast and honestly that is still below average connection. Besides alot of past decent AS players such as DevilicCrafter (he was high on the old MCSG leaderboards) probably quit MCSG due to bad ping.
5. Even though the price for donor ranks are lowered its still pretty expensive. Most players are probably teenagers or kids (not all) that doesn't have the money to buy it (not all parents would allow). Minecraft itself causes less than $30, buying ranks on a Minecraft server shouldn't be more expensive than that. Don't look at all the other servers that have high donor prices, just for money, think it in a wide scale on making it a reasonable thing to donate on MCGamer.
6. As I mentioned above, since its expensive it needs more perks. Diamond Donor doesn't really have that many perks even though its quite expensive, add in /scramble for it too, there isn't any reason that only Platinum and above can do it.
7. Add /scramble stats as it would be a great way to prevent targeting due to stats.
8. Add the points back in /stats, /debug looks old xD

MCSG Improvements:
1. The last charge of the FNS should be fixed.
2. Teaming shouldn't be allowed in Deathmatch as it is very unfair and basically made the other player who is solo waste his/her time and makes the game less enjoyable. If this rule to strict prevent random teaming in Deathmatch by preventing the words such as (team, tem, tam, etc)
3. We do know that in the first movie of 'Hunger Games' it is 3 people fighting at cornucopia, but it would be better if its 4 players as it prevents 2v1s and the chances of you getting teamed on in Deathmatch is lowered as there are much less 3 teams than 2 teams in my experience.
4. Add cobweb, TNT and Ender Pearls to the mysterious tear 3 chests that some of us have experienced before because its called 'tear 3' and it needs a spark ;). Yes, there are tier 3's on MCSG.

SG Solo Improvements:
1. Maybe to make this gamemode more wanted to be played it needs its own maps, the SG maps made were meant for 24 players and therefore is too big for the 12 player base.
2. Make it start with 4 players, as not many players play it and it fits a maximum of 12 players, the number of players needed to start the game should be lowered. I think 4 is reasonable.

Battlegrounds Improvements:
1. Since this gamemode is similar to a simple 'Free For All' practice/warmup area for pvp, make it more competitive by adding (stats, leaderboards, etc.)

Thank You for reading and I hope that you guys find these reasons reasonable and I hope that at least some of these would be implemented on the MCGamer Network :)

Please leave replies and feedback on what you think :), sorry that the thread is kinda ugly xD

Phillip

Platinum
Reaction score
I like it. Only one thing I'd add to the list. To go along with AS being added back...CA too? So many skilled players were there and changing the server host has messed up ping for Northerners such as myself. On US I would usually get 90 MS using /ping (Meaning about 45 MS.) Now I get 140-170 MS with /ping (Meaning 70-85 MS which is garbage compared to most the community who's average player gets about 30 divided MS.) My only suggestion! :D

mxs14

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it. Only one thing I'd add to the list. To go along with AS being added back...CA too? So many skilled players were there and changing the server host has messed up ping for Northerners such as myself. On US I would usually get 90 MS using /ping (Meaning about 45 MS.) Now I get 140-170 MS with /ping (Meaning 70-85 MS which is garbage compared to most the community who's average player gets about 30 divided MS.) My only suggestion! :D
hmmm yea although if u look at it money/business wise to whoever pays for the servers its honestly not worth it. Ur ping can still be 5 bars time to time and isn't a big problem. Players like ItsAustennn, PoisonousApple, Huahwi, etc can play decently at 100-150ping so it isn't a big difference and rod/bow delay isn't a big difference with 90ms and 140ms. I think they should just change the US host to the centre of US instead, that way players will get similar ping and not much money have to be spent. Anywyas there are other servers like Badlion which u probably can get better ping to cuz its in NA.

Phillip

Platinum
Reaction score
hmmm yea although if u look at it money/business wise to whoever pays for the servers its honestly not worth it. Ur ping can still be 5 bars time to time and isn't a big problem. Players like ItsAustennn, PoisonousApple, Huahwi, etc can play decently at 100-150ping so it isn't a big difference and rod/bow delay isn't a big difference with 90ms and 140ms. I think they should just change the US host to the centre of US instead, that way players will get similar ping and not much money have to be spent. Anywyas there are other servers like Badlion which u probably can get better ping to cuz its in NA.
Banned from Badlion, the Sr. Staff banned me for no reason and put on the forums that I use Triggerbot...its annoying. The just changed the US hosting too...further away xD

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Banned from Badlion, the Sr. Staff banned me for no reason and put on the forums that I use Triggerbot...its annoying. The just changed the US hosting too...further away xD
You're banned for anticheat
You were hacking

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
All these problems are well known by the adminstrative team and Chad himself got asked many of these same questions, including the million other threads that we have seen saying the exact same thing in the past month. I can assure that changes are being made, it only will take a matter of time until these changes are added onto the server.

Since there is already a thread like this been discussed, to avoid more spam on the forums the thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci