• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Too many hackers? Suggestion for get rid of them!

This suggestion seems useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NachoLePew

Diamond
Reaction score
As we all have been realized in the last days the amount of hackers has increased significantly. I'm really sick of this and im pretty sure that the most of you hate hackers too because they ruin the server and the online experience of every player.

Today me and my friend were killed by a hacker and she called the guy "hacker" in the chat and then just left, so i asked her why did she do that and what does she gets by calling him hacker and leaving, and she said she dont wanna waste her time recording a kid and she is not the correct person for being wasting time because of hackers. That attitude made me think alot.. perhaps everyone thinks like her!! Maybe sometimes people don't wanna spend their time reporting a guy. And thats why we are getting killed by hackers every single day.

Guys i know that its impossible to detect every single hacker because theres no anti-cheat plugin able to detect every kinda hack, but you know what? we dont really need anti cheat softwares because we have the mcsg players, they are smarter than a software but they sometimes dont really help. I have seen so many times people calling hackers to each other and leaving, thats against the rules and dont even help the server.

So, my suggestion is so easy, you should motive people to report hackers, glitchers and every kinda cheaters by giving points to them per each caught hacker. I think 500 points per each one it would be awesome because people would start a hacker hunting to get points and that obviously would help alot cleaning the server.

I know its a very simple suggestion but im pretty sure it would work so well and there would be less hackers and more people helping on MCGamer.

Have a nice day <3

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I guess a reward would help in giving the community a proper incentive for reporting them, but as RC said, it would most probably make people report even those who don't hack.

NachoLePew

Diamond
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that so many times people has reported players that doesn't hack, i dont think there is a problem for mods because they know how to spot a real hacker, everyone knows that if they are posting a report they have to get the sufficent proof.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that so many times people has reported players that doesn't hack, i dont think there is a problem for mods because they know how to spot a real hacker, everyone knows that if they are posting a report they have to get the sufficent proof.
People will try to spin evidence, it surprising what people will do for a measly 500 points. And I don't think mods getting it wrong is the problem, there will just be a ton of extra useless reports that will make it more difficult to see the real reports.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
No. Just. No. If you have never heard of this thing called an unfair ban, got talk to people like me, Canziano, ExKing, JVBGunner, rex5826, BomBashious, Huahwi... And way, way more. These people were banned just cause a member of staff hates them and wants to report them and get them banned. It might not have been obvious to you, but mods get away with bans so obviously unfair that accidentally carrying a battleship in your hands is nothing compared to it.

NachoLePew

Diamond
Reaction score
People will try to spin evidence, it surprising what people will do for a measly 500 points. And I don't think mods getting it wrong is the problem, there will just be a ton of extra useless reports that will make it more difficult to see the real reports.
And it will be more real reports too and that is what is going to clean MCSG.. Wanna know something? i obviously thought about useless reports before posting but i think mods can handle it. I know they do a good work and after all they are here for handle any situation.
Anyways, the suggestion is for helping active MCSG players and you should think as one of them because youre not a mod and i still dont think it would be a problem for them because i know they do a good work but unfortunately they can't be on every server, thats why i think more reports would be useful for mods and for everyone.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
We've tried incentivsing moderators catching rule breakers before back in July 2013 or so. It was a global leaderboard for the staff seeing who has the most bans. It seemed to work too: people were excited to play it as a game, using hackers and abusers as a way to increase their score.

The problem came out after we started analyzing the immediate outcome of the system. Moderator actions had significantly increased, but the amount of incorrect bans had doubled or tripled. In their rush to gain an additional score point, mods were making incorrect or improper bans. Add on top the additional workload for the Sr. Staff and the number of justifiably-angry players, and the system just wasn't worth the issues it created.

I envision this idea would lead to the same thing, but much worse and on a larger scale. Plus the dynamics with bans and players complicate things much more, as players will have an equal incentive to ban as many people as they can whilst lacking the accountability that moderators have.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe there should be some kind of command in-game that you could report someone with. You won't get a reward, but it would be a lot easier to report them (especially for lazy people like me).

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay I'm going to throw my two cents in here because I agree with you and also disagree with you. I absolutely believe that there are not enough players doing their part to help the community. I myself have once reported the same user twice for hacking and caused his permanent ban. It's really sad that no one else was reporting him even though both times I noticed him was due to other players saying "hacker" and leaving. I also have difficulty uploading hacker videos immediately with my poor internet so I try to contact a moderator on the Teamspeak to help, but that usually goes south. I don't want to say a majority of mods are useless on there, but they are usually busy. I really think the Sr. Staff should look into a way for players to know which staff member are actually available to answer pokes and follow hackers and which ones are busy with other matters. As for your point suggestion I believe it has good intent, but it doesn't seem like it would work out any way you look at it. I do think some sort of incentive for players to report should be looked into, just not one that would particularly cause false reports.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe there should be some kind of command in-game that you could report someone with. You won't get a reward, but it would be a lot easier to report them (especially for lazy people like me).
People would probably use the command every time they died because they were mad, and waste the moderators time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci