• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Top 5 Favorite Anime

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I posted mine a little while ago, but my list has changed a bit after just watching a few shows, so might as well delete that one and repost it for good measure. Plus, I like seeing what other people like so I don't want to see a decent thread die.

ANYWHO

#: [name](quality rating | personal rating/impact)
quick reflection
[pictures/gifs]

#1: Sword Art Online (8/10 | 11/10)
It's definitely not the best, it's got some gaping holes that can only be filled with headcanon, but this show has had an unfathomable impact on my life. The characters of Asuna Yuuki and Asada Shino were the most relatable for me that I've ever encountered in any type of media. There's so much more I could say but you probably don't want to read all of that so I'll keep it brief.
It will always hold a special place in my heart.

#2: Gakkou Gurashi AKA 'SCHOOL-LIVE!' (10/10 | 10/10)
Don't be fooled by the Moe appearance; this is one of the darkest shows out there. I really don't want to spoil much, honestly the gifs have spoiled enough; just go watch this now, you certainly will not regret it. If it weren't for my attachment to SAO, this would be my #1. It's the best exploration of PTSD and more I've seen in my life; this work is artistic genius that will keep you hooked from start to finish.

#3: Puella Magi Madoka Magica (10/10 | 10/10)

A play on the Magical Girl genre that does exactly what Gakkou Gurashi does. It's dark and tragic; you won't be able to stop watching. It's gripping and will keep you on the edge of your seat even in the tamest moments. The only reasons this is below Gakkou Gurashi is that the premise is a bit harder to take seriously, and instead of one episode it takes three episodes for the true intentions of the writers become apparent. However, those are nitpicks at worst. Truly another must see.

#4: Charlotte (10/10 | 10/10)
Jeez I enjoy tragic stuff. It was a very pleasant surprise to see this go where it went. It didn't really take itself seriously at first, but get to the climax it's a punch to the gut that'll leave you in tears for at least a half an hour begging for more. It's tragic and does well exploring it's many topics, and to wrap it all up it ends on a very heartwarming note that'll leave you completely satisfied.

#5: RWBY (6/10 | 10/10)

A nice break from the more tragic and dark shows I enjoy; RWBY is a fun and uplifting show you can't help but glue your eyes to. Adorable and memorable characters, fun action sequences, and a great story, you're sure to have a good time. The overall quality isn't the best and it's rating suffers from it; but remember that the budget Monty Oum & RoosterTeeth were given to make this show was about the equivalent of asking for a dollar and getting a dime. Like SAO, this holds a special place in my heart.
Also; Season 3 starts on October 23rd 2015! That's just 2 days after I post this!

Runner-ups!
-Attack on Titan (10/10 | 9/10)

- Kill La Kill (9/10 | 9/10)

-Psycho Pass (10/10 | 9/10)

-No Game No Life (8/10 | 8/10)

Last edited:

W a t e r

Survivor
Reaction score
1. Fairy Tail
2. Attack On Titan
3. Sword Art Online
4. Akame Ga Kill
5. Assassination Classroom

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well...I've only watched K-On! and Danganronpa, and so far K-On! is my favorite c:
I'll update when I watch some more!

Stephanamo

Career
Reaction score
1.) ONE PIECE
2.) Naruto
3.) Hunter x Hunter
4.) Death Note
5.) BDZ lol

J

District 13
Reaction score
I'll do this again I guess...

1.) Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

2.) Love Live!

3.) Haikyuu!!

4.) Kekkai Sensen

5.) DanMachi

Mend

Gold
Reaction score
yung bloods, thanks for keeping this kinda alive. I'm updating my list now.

c o l t o n

Platinum
Reaction score
1 hxh 2011
2 bleach [only watched some of the anime read manga]
3 charlotte
4 toradora
5 kotoura-san

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads