• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TOP TEN TIPS for not dying in the survival games

wildman26

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys

Ive been playing sg since it was first public and I dont have heaps of wins but I know some tips to help newbies not die in the first 20 seconds
1: chest routes: I CAN'T UNDERESTIMATE THIS. when you first play sg find a chest route without it your gonna have nothing to face diamond sword wielding dude
2: don't team with people you don't know: once again important if you team with someone you don't know you will probably get an arrow to the knee followed by one in your face
3: food!: if you have no food you won't last long, you won't die but you will have low health and you can't escape
4: sprint jump: sprinting and jumping is A LOT FASTER then sprinting you can catch opponents to kill and you can escape bloodthirsty murderers
5: f5 is your best friend:. Instead of stopping to look use f5 it will save your life
6 don't corn camp: it will make you vulnerable to ambush: instead hide near by and ambush anyone who goes for it
7: keep your hunger bar full in a chase you should last longer
8: use the environment to your advantage in water attack from bellow if your near a cliff knock your opponent of it a long fall hurts more then any sword 9: if your in a bad spot don't run for the corn a head start on your chest route is more important then getting nothing from the corn this applies for breeze and sg 4
10: know your weapons and armour: wood and gold swords are not better then stone, gold armour is better then leather but breaks faster chain is better then gold and leather but worse then iron.

May The odds be ever in your favour newbies

sirxman

Spectator
Reaction score
thnx for the info i have 0 wins and need help

Benergy09

Spectator
Reaction score
My thoughts on the tips:

1.) Definitely a huge yes. Without a chest route, or some basic plan, you'll be pretty much screwed.
2.) I'd have to slightly disagree to this one, teaming with strangers can sometimes be good, but teaming in the middle of the match is pretty much a no no.
3.) 100% agreed.
4.) Agreed, and if you have the opportunity, rapidly sprint jump in two block high spaces, you'll go even faster.
5.) I'm not that much of a fan of f5 myself, but it can definitely be used while being chased.
6.) Maybe the only time you should corn camp is when you've got full upon armor and a diamond sword, or are seconds away from the refill, but otherwise, it's always best to take the stealth method.
7.) Keeping the hunger bar full is a must, and if you've got enough food, eat high-saturation foods such as Cooked Steaks and Porkchops. They'll keep your hunger bar full the longest, even if its not visible, because of the invisible saturation bar.
8.) Yep.
9.) I agree completely with this one, I almost always go for my chest route first on SG4 rather than corn, and get supplies much faster, allowing me to kill people who arrive there shortly after I do.
10.) All of the weapon and armor comparisons are correct, although the way you worded it can sound a little bit confusing. :p

All in all, I'd have to say that these tips are very helpful, and encompass pretty much everything you need to know as far as surviving. All that I could think to add is to know what tier each chests are, constantly watch your back, and keep track of the time of day using the sun. Thanks for helping everybody out with all these tips. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci