• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

'Trial Moderators'

Do YOU think this idea is good

• Total voters

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok, I have made a forum about needing more moderators, it seems that a LOT of people agree with me, then darkrai202 posted this:
Thought of this idea, wondering if anyone agrees with me..
How about trial mods? Their age limit can be 14+, they make their application and if it's good, it's accepted etc, etc so on. But when they start off, they can almost no commands whatsoever, (except kick, not banning abilities). If they get enough proof of hackers and show that they can patrol the servers well, then they're accepted. This also is the communities vote, if the community thinks that they're mature or fit for the job they can put a vote in.
I think this would be a good idea, as you could filter out the people who would just plainly abuse their powers. Mainly I'm saying this because MCSG only accepts people who are 16 at a minimum. (Never ever seen an exception). This would give the younger players who are mature and fit for the job a chance, I mean hell, what's age? A number? Wow, does that actually dictate anything? I've seen some very immature 20 year olds, even some 11 year olds I know are more mature. Back on the point, younger players could prove themselves. Also, seeing as the community is younger players, wouldn't it make some sense to have staff who could actually connect to how they feel? Seeing as they are the same age?
Anyway, just my 2 cents. :p

This idea^^^ is absolutely brilliant in my book, maybe if we had these 'Trial Mods' commands like /kick and stuff like that only, and if those people that trial mod kicked thinks its unfair than they can do /abuse or something and they can complain about the moderator abusing his powers, and then a normal/Sr. Mod can overlook that Trial Mod
I don't know, just that trial mod idea sounds cool
Please post your thoughts and vote

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm saying this because MCSG only accepts people who are 16 at a minimum. (Never ever seen an exception).
  • Purplepieman - 15 (applied at 14)
  • CAmadeusA -15
  • Aeruner -15
  • SixZoSeven -15
  • Tironas11 -13
  • G33ke - 15
And that's not all.

The age of 16+ is recommended/almost required but is not absolutely neccessary to join the staff.

Trial Mods in my honest opinion is an 'ugly' idea; it's not needed, it's a bit unprofessional, and at the moment the system works just fine, it's not neccessary.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Another downside is that if these trial mods had a quota, or certain amount of hackers they have to catch, as was mentioned above. Being a Mod is not only about catching hackers, and this system could also cause issues with people framing innocents just to get mod position.

And indeed age is not a problem, if you post an exceptional application you will be given a fair trial.

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
  • Purplepieman - 15 (applied at 14)
  • CAmadeusA -15
  • Aeruner -15
  • SixZoSeven -15
  • Tironas11 -13
  • G33ke - 15
And that's not all.

The age of 16+ is recommended/almost required but is not absolutely neccessary to join the staff.

Trial Mods in my honest opinion is an 'ugly' idea; it's not needed, it's a bit unprofessional, and at the moment the system works just fine, it's not neccessary.
Thats what darkrai202 posted, and I didn'y even know that myself

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I never thought this idea would actually be thought of. ;p

Oh and Shaun... That list you posted, none of them are Australian. This idea was on a post for more moderators which was aimed at an Australian servers. I'm hoping James and Ling will do a good job and we don't need more mods.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Well if your a new mod (like me) it's not like they give me mod powers and leave, they keep a careful eye on new mods for a long time, let's say I were to ban people for no reason, I'd be on the curb faster then you can say flapjack.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Trial mods are kinda messy..... Its more time consuming for both the Sr. Mod and the Trial mod. We'd rather give you the best straight away than wait to see if he really is good, and so far this has worked out pretty good.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
Trial mod would be icky icky. but we are getting more mods. In the past two weeks at least 10 new mods have been added

Reactions: Le0

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I never thought this idea would actually be thought of. ;p

Oh and Shaun... That list you posted, none of them are Australian. This idea was on a post for more moderators which was aimed at an Australian servers. I'm hoping James and Ling will do a good job and we don't need more mods.
Sporangia and Le0 are AU mods too

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
It would be pretty good to be a moderator, I really would like to help these servers, but can you still like properly play? Or do you have to just moderate the servers the whole time?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It would be pretty good to be a moderator, I really would like to help these servers, but can you still like properly play? Or do you have to just moderate the servers the whole time?
Moderators are players, just with policing abilities and status. They are allowed to play the game :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci