• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Troposphere -City in the Sky- [WIP]

Mr_Killarite

Spectator
Reaction score
Currently very WIP I introduce the idea for a smaller (500-650 block diameter) map that is more focused on height based areas. Sand, sandstone, gold, lapis, and water are the main blocks to be used for the map.

Concept:
A town/city with very distinct sections based on the wealth of those who would live there.
Three areas:
--The Bridge--
- Homes of the Wealthy
- Few Large Buildings
- Easy Navigation
- Clear Day/Night
- Tributes Easy to Spot
- Low/Medium Rewards aside from easy of travel

--The Town--
- Middle/Mid-low Class
- Homes, Churches, etc.
- Medium Navigation
- Overshadowed by The Bridge; Balance of Light and Shadow
- Places to Hide and Transport to The Bridge and The Aqueducts
- Medium Rewards.

--The Aqueducts-- (Sewers)
- Lower Class
- Water
- Very Maze-like with Hidden Passages and Rooms
- Difficult Navigation
- Almost Always Dark (Except for timed lights and entrances)
- Medium/High Rewards.

All three sections will have locations for double chests and puzzles (at least one per section). And if possible one "quest" that will require finding two not-so-obvious locations and linking them together.

Cornucopia:

The Corn is meant to be a "floating" platform around the level of the Bridge that requires some navigation to get back to. All players at some point will have to jump off the main platform (with water to nullify any possible fall damage). This will leave everyone in Town with access to the Bridge and Sewers not too far away as well as hiding spots and general points of interest.

Suggestions, questions, criticism or whatever else would be greatly appreciated.

-Mr_Killarite-

Legacy

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks promising! ^^
Is the entire city ruined or sacked to make it emanate a "survivalist vibe"?

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
looks cool,
one thing i don't understand is how you are going back to the cornucopia again

Mr_Killarite

Spectator
Reaction score
looks cool,
one thing i don't understand is how you are going back to the cornucopia again
The floating outer ring is like the stands for a stadium and will be extended. From the Bridge there will be markers (most likely lapis blocks) pointing towards the floating ring around the Corn. The point is to make it somewhat difficult to just camp there since Tributes there would have the height disadvantage. I also want Tributes to see the map rather than just going back and forth from the Corn (with 8 chests) and a close area with a double chest.

And Legacy I'm building it like a town that has been mostly untouched by time. The closer to the edge (and generally in the Sewer) the more wear and tear you'll see.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! If you need any help or redstone work, Inbox me! :)

Mr_Killarite

Spectator
Reaction score
More screens!

These are pics of a concept "Red Well" or one way entrance from the Town to the Sewers. (Don't mind the terms these are mainly for me since I find it easier and fun to build with a story in mind).

On the edge of the Well

Inside the Well and view of the Sewers (well a smaller test version of them)

Possible puzzle/trap/prize in the Sewers

The Sewer will most likely be 5 or 6 blocks under the Town instead of directly under like in these pics.

Edit: After testing some things (and seeing/playing the new map) I think the Sewers are too small and need to be at least 4 blocks high not including parts with water. This will be reflected in future pics and such.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Very nice. But all you need is a fist. To punch them of. Fists=OP

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Locked

This thread is being moved and locked due to the map/idea not having any progression in a large span of time. If you need your thread to be reopened, PM a Staff member if this map/idea is still in the works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci