• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Turn Stats Off Feature!

Should this "Pause Stats" Feature be added?

• Total voters

iSwagify

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello guys my name is Jack and I was just wondering about what would make the servers a lot better! I notice that even though I play SG for fun, I do want good stats and even when I say "I don't care about my stats.", the bad numbers still makes me unmotivated to continue playing. I think this applies to a lot of people as well. My suggestion is that when we are in hub, we can turn our stats OFF so that the games we play when it is turn off, aren't recorded. This, I think, will help more people come and play MCSG, so that won't have to worry about people making fun of them because of their stats. What would happen is if you wanted to turn them back on, is your stats would be where they were when you turned it off and you can try to play SG competitively. I am posting this because I have played and clans and you have to /kill when each round is over and that ruins your stats! Also I love playing with friends and they are better then me a lot, so when we play sg together my stats are now ruined and make me unmotivated to play anymore.
Please leave your opinions down below and share this thread so maybe it can get homepage and shown to everyone!
Thanks for reading and please also fill out the POLL

iSwagify

Platinum
Reaction score
Think about it, this would just make boosting easier...

Player 1 wants to get boosted

Player 2 disables his stats

Player 1 and Player 2 join a game

Player 2 gives Player 1 the win 20 games in a row while maintaining his ratio

no
Yea but people aren't boosting as much. Maybe an addition could be that the stats are there for mods and staff to see if they are looking for someone, but the regular players can't.

Reaction score
It's full of flaws. As Gravey420rd said, they could just win boost by turning the stats off for one game and turning them back on. Also, if you don't care about your stats, don't care about them! If you want to play for fun, you play for fun! You can also buy stat reset tokens in the MCGamer shop!

Reaction score
Besides, having the Staff hand pick people who can turn their stats off is unfair & seems like too much trouble for a silly concept. The Staff already have their plate full, not to mention, they also have a life they need to attend to. Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude but the idea is too flawed.

Mannse

Diamond
Reaction score
Hellno. This would break the game. People would play without losing points. This would end like Hive. And Hive is really, really bad.

Reaction score
I thought you ment something different when I read the title. Not that games aren't recorded and count for your stats, but that when you do /stats "name", and that person has put their stats off for some sort of reason, you can not see their stats. It would reduce the amount of targetting. Like a kind of scramble command, but for stats and not for points.

I dont know if this is implemented already since I just moved houses and haven't logged in or play a game of MCSG in a long time :p

Last edited:

Mannse

Diamond
Reaction score
I thought you ment something different when I read the title. Not that games aren't recorded and count for your stats, but that when you do /stats "name", and that person has put their stats off for some sort of reason, you can not see their stats. It would reduce the amount of targetting. Like a kind of scramble command, but for stats and not for points.

I dont know if this is implemented already since I just moved houses and haven't logged in or play a game of MCSG in a long time :p
Platinum donators can do /scramble. But I still think it doesn't matter whether you can see a players points.

Kizzer

Survivor
Reaction score
This would be terrible.
As said above boosting would be a lot more common with people getting their stats good. Just use an alt, I have an alt to spectate clan wars and it has like a 4/130 ratio xD

SolarSnow

Spectator
Reaction score
This would be good, but it has it flaws, as people have stated. I would be good if it just stopped people viewing stats, but keeping it so it records stats. (Mods and Admins could still see even if it was turned off)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci