• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide [Tutorial] How to get your own MCSG signature

Captain Sours

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if one of these have been made, but have seen numerous people ask/send PM's to people such as myself.

It's really simple:

1. Go to http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/images/YOURNAME.png - MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE 'YOURNAME' to obviously your Minecraft name, and press enter.

2. Copy the address bar. The address bar is at the top of your browser, it is where you input your url, such as www.google.com

3. Hover over your name at the top of the MCSG forums, and click signature.

4. In your signature, type (IGNORE SPACES!!!)
[ img ] http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/images/YOURNAME.png [ /img ]

It should look something like so:

Click save, and your job is complete. Reload any recent post you have made, and watch the magic happen.

I apologise if this has been posted before, but hopefully people will now stop asking!

Captain Sours

Survivor
Reaction score
Sad thing is these signatures haven't updated in ages. I have way more than the 148 wins it says in my signature, but for some reason, it hasn't updated for about three weeks.
I can see you have 185, I can only assume it is a cache related issue, or simply the script doesn't update. I have little doubt that the image isn't created through PHP, and it should be re-fetching it every time it needs to be fetched. I have noticed that the image doesn't stay on MCSG, but something similar to mcsg-sig.s3.amazonaws.com, which leaves me no doubt to believe that the images are hosted elsewhere, and the PHP script may not be hosted there. It's hard to explain, but from my experience with servers it seems as though the PHP script isn't connecting to the database properly, thus showing you the old image. It could be cookie/cache related too, but who knows. It updates if you re-do this, in the tutorial, every now and then.

joey5019

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks...but mine only shows a little box when i post a post...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci