• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Tutorial] How to write an Essay!

MrJaskirat

Survivor
Reaction score
How to write an Essay
Hello to everyone who will read this piece of writing! My name is Mr_Jaskirat, and today, I will be giving some tips and tricks on how to write an essay! Purpose of this tutorial is to pass time cause I'm bored, and also help those people who aren't too good with writing, so they have an easier time at school. First thing we will need to look at is the purpose of an essay.

An essays purpose is to organize your thinking into one whole text, respond to an issue or problem, to select and use information to support an argument and to present the argument in a structured way. An essay isn't designed to solely inform you, but to also challenge an argument/perspective/idea and present your arguments in a way that will answer the essay question
thoroughly.

First thing I am going to look at is the layout of an essay. An essay should have 3 parts. Below I will list these parts and what purpose they serve:

• Introduction
    1. This is the beginning of the essay.
    2. It should state the essay question and also answer it.
    3. It should be about 6+ sentences. Try aim for 10.
    4. You should outline the key points you will mention during the essay.
Tutorial not done, will continue tomorrow cause battery is dying and I am really tired.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So far this guideline is for a triparte essay. These are easier and tend to be done by younger students. I don't think that it is as useful for when you get older because when you have to write 4-5 pages it will become hard to only use three bodies and the traditional essay structure. Essay can really vary greatly for school to school, so it is best to know what your school is asking for you. This guide could be misleading for people who don't do tri parte essays. You should try to include variations of how to write essays, it state that it is a specific type of essay to avoid confusion.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When it's done, let's celebrate with a why MCSG is better than the HIVE essay! (IMO)

MrJaskirat

Survivor
Reaction score
So far this guideline is for a triparte essay. These are easier and tend to be done by younger students. I don't think that it is as useful for when you get older because when you have to write 4-5 pages it will become hard to only use three bodies and the traditional essay structure. Essay can really vary greatly for school to school, so it is best to know what your school is asking for you. This guide could be misleading for people who don't do tri parte essays. You should try to include variations of how to write essays, it state that it is a specific type of essay to avoid confusion.
This "triparte essay" you are talking about, can very easily be used to write a 4-5 page essay, even more. When writing this type of essay, you can easily include 10 body paragraphs. The amount of pages taken really depends on the subject. I'm currently in year 10 and have been getting good grades on my essays since year 7, following this format. Maybe when you get to college/university you would need to look at different forms of essays, but for high school, this is the best form. Thanks for the input though :)

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This "triparte essay" you are talking about, can very easily be used to write a 4-5 page essay, even more. When writing this type of essay, you can easily include 10 body paragraphs. The amount of pages taken really depends on the subject. I'm currently in year 10 and have been getting good grades on my essays since year 7, following this format. Maybe when you get to college/university you would need to look at different forms of essays, but for high school, this is the best form. Thanks for the input though :)
It must just be my type of school, because I'm in 8th grade and they are already telling us to try to stop using the triparte essay. Its probably because my school is progressive, so we do a lot of things differently. Whereas I did say that different schools have different views on how to write essays :D.

MrJaskirat

Survivor
Reaction score
It must just be my type of school, because I'm in 8th grade and they are already telling us to try to stop using the triparte essay. Its probably because my school is progressive, so we do a lot of things differently. Whereas I did say that different schools have different views on how to write essays :D.
Yeah definetly, I talk to a lot of my friends who go to different schools about how the do their essays when I'm looking for help, and the way they structure their paragraphs and go about writing their essay is different to some degree to the way i was taught. What type of essays have you been doing, sounds interesting :)

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah definetly, I talk to a lot of my friends who go to different schools about how the do their essays when I'm looking for help, and the way they structure their paragraphs and go about writing their essay is different to some degree to the way i was taught. What type of essays have you been doing, sounds interesting :)
Well, we are pretty much given complete freedom to how we write our essays, it still needs a topic sentence, grabber and conclusion, but in the body paragraphs we can structure them however we want. I can send you an example of one of the most recent essays I wrote on this type of structure. Its kinda hard to explain with words.

MrJaskirat

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, we are pretty much given complete freedom to how we write our essays, it still needs a topic sentence, grabber and conclusion, but in the body paragraphs we can structure them however we want. I can send you an example of one of the most recent essays I wrote on this type of structure. Its kinda hard to explain with words.
Ye plz, its always useful to know how to write an essay differently.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!
I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Be he 'live, or be he dead,
I'll grind his bones to make my bread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members