• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tylan Zoo - MCSG Map WIP [15%] - Opinions Needed

Would you like it to feature in MCSG?

• Meh? Bad idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO! Worst map ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TKZoro_San

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello MCSG! This is a project I have been working extremely hard on. It is my first ever map, so I am going to try to make it a good one. So, you may be thinking, this seems boring. First map? NOOB! And I would understand that, but hear me out.

So, the map I am building is a zoo. I don't think there has ever been maps like this before, like in a proper zoo-like style. So I am going to give it my best shot. From the time I am writing this, I am currently still like 3-5% finished but you have to understand, it is only my sister and I building this.

I am going to post links to screenshots soon, but I will also make update videos on how I am doing. From them, I hope you give opinions, suggestions and also constructive criticism (if any). I am also going to ask what kind of things (like animal exhibits) you would like to feature. If I have enough space, I would definitely try to add them.

Here is some extra info you might want to know about:

• The map is 221 blocks in radius.
  • It is a zoo.
  • There will be open spaces good for PVP.
  • There will be some lower and higher areas to get level advantages.
  • There will be secret places to reveal the story behind the map.
I would also like some opinions from you guys to these questions:
  • Do you think a map with lots of chests is good?
  • Do you think having too many Tier 2s (spread evenly across the map) is good?
  • Do you like the idea of a zoo SG map?
  • How often would you like to see crafting tables?
  • What sort of exhibit would you like to see?
  • Do you think the cornucopia is too much? Do you think I would need to remove things in order to make PVP at deathmatch more interesting?
If you like what you see, remember to vote in the poll! But if you don't like it, tell me why first so I know how to improve it.

There is also a story to this map, but I don't want to share it out yet. It will be revealed at around 75%+ progress. So will a trailer :) Keep up to date with the map with videos on my channel.
So, that's me done. Unfortunately, I am keeping this project to my sister and I only, but you can contribute by giving ideas and opinions. Below you would find the progress I have been making and change logs.

Progress

• Cornucopia is finished. (May need to be tweaked.)
  • Car Park is finished.
  • Museum / Gift Shop / Executive staff rooms finished.
  • Red Panda Exhibit Finished.
  • Information Kiosk Finished.
  • Secret.
  • Sky-Rail Platform Finished.
  • Savannah Exhibit Finished.
  • Safari WIP.
  • Restaurant Finished.
  • Monkey Exhibit WIP.

Pictures

Screenshots of the will be kept in this album. It will be updated regularly.

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/ZoroMC/library/Tylan Zoo?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:

TKZoro_San

Tribute
Reaction score
I also need people to sign up for a testing game, for when the map is finished. The majority of them will be my friends that I already know, but if you are interested, tell me and I'll try to let you know if you can join!

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
I also need people to sign up for a testing game, for when the map is finished. The majority of them will be my friends that I already know, but if you are interested, tell me and I'll try to let you know if you can join!
Test game for test game? You can be in the test games of sg california and i can be in your maps test games. Add niekvdmade on skype

TKZoro_San

Tribute
Reaction score
Sure! But it will depend on how many of my real life friends and other close friends want to play :) But yeah, I would be really interested in a test game on SG California!

TKZoro_San

Tribute
Reaction score
In the process of making the stable for the savannah exhibit. First one to comment will become one of the three zoo keepers :)

jiizet

Spectator
Reaction score
This looks pretty cool!

• Do you think a map with lots of chests is good? - Yes, plently of tier 1s
  • Do you think having too many Tier 2s (spread evenly across the map) is good? - No, aim for around 30
  • Do you like the idea of a zoo SG map? yes
  • How often would you like to see crafting tables? not too often, maybe 4 a map (including corn)

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
Looks cool! Keep going, I like this project alot!

• Do you think a map with lots of chests is good? Yes, but obviously they have to fit well with the map's territory.
  • Do you think having too many Tier 2s (spread evenly across the map) is good? Yes, it really is.
  • Do you like the idea of a zoo SG map? Obviously I do!
  • How often would you like to see crafting tables? There has to be one at spawn and just 4 more (one per each direction from spawn, so North, East, South, West) distribuited in buildings and stuff like that. Just like on ValleySide University for example. They make the gameplay experience alot better.

Cimmy

Diamond
Reaction score
Corn looks kinda like get a weapon or die

TKZoro_San

Tribute
Reaction score
Corn looks kinda like get a weapon or die
Do you think it is too much? I have tested running from the podiums to the middle, and there is always a clear route to the chests. The decorations don't really get in the way too much. But if you do think it is too much, tell me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci