• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Types of MCSG

Bradyy_

Tribute
Reaction score
So I was thinking about what we could bring to MCSG's that would "spice" it up a little to bring in a larger player base and to relight the sparks of some old players.

This is what I was thinking, all the big type of game modes, such as UHC's, have different types of game modes. So why don't we alternate games between regular and alternate game types? For example, all of the challenges players do on their own (and any other ideas people have) can be in the game config making that the challenge is for everyone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For example, I found some of these challenges in the forums that would be interesting if they became game-wide,

No Bow Challenge: Don't use a bow. (Make bows uncraftable and unattainable)

Buttered Cow Challenge: Only wear leather or gold armor. (Only armor attainable and craftable)

Titanic Challenge: Can't go into any water. (Make water inflict damage by the second. Example, 1 heart every second.)

Axe Master Challenge: Only use axes as weapons. (Only weapon attainable and craftable)

Stone age challenge: Only use a stone sword. (Only weapon attainable and craftable)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just some other ideas I had,

Golden Apple Drops: Every kill drops a golden apple (this is interchangeable with anything really)

No Diamond Challenge: No Diamonds are in chest
These are just some of my ideas that I think would add an interesting twist.
You could have a section in the MCSG game selector that is for games that have a randomized game type

Thanks for reading,
Brady

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Before I escalate this to a Developer, can you please clarify the following - will this have its own mode, or do you want this to be in just normal MCSG & SoloSG?

Bradyy_

Bradyy_

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, I could see it working both ways.

If I was in charge of how it worked, I would start it off with normal MCSG and SoloSG to see how people enjoyed it. Games wouldn't randomly be a specific game mode, but a few MCSG lobbies would be designated with random game-modes (or possibly voted ones) to the side so they can be easily found.

Then if it took off, I would make it separate and its own mode 24/7, away from the normal MCSG's, and with more game lobbies.

Shiv - Tormatic

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I prefer this to be an Achievements menu for mcgamer credits sorta thing. So they arent just pay to use.

Bradyy_

Tribute
Reaction score
The different types of MCSG would be available to everyone, not just to players who pay with credits. Is that what you meant by that TomAu ?

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The different types of MCSG would be available to everyone, not just to players who pay with credits. Is that what you meant by that TomAu ?

I dont believe it will function like uhc. I believe it will be another side feature that will become the challenges part of mcsg which will be fun. Quests for example.

Bradyy_

Tribute
Reaction score
Oh I see! So different game types that add as quest for regular MCSG and not an entirely new game-mode. I like it! Players could earn forum badges like they do for events perhaps too.
TomAu

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh I see! So different game types that add as quest for regular MCSG and not an entirely new game-mode. I like it! Players could earn forum badges like they do for events perhaps too.
TomAu
Yes. may want to edit the suggestion.

Berserker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Or they could bring out achievements again with various challenges incorporated in that.

But achievements will give you mcgamer credits to show off your achievements

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci