• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Unknown Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMatrixNinja

Spectator
Reaction score
So i used to play quite a lot of MCSG until it suddenly stopped working about a month ago or so, a bit before the 1.8 update. Every time i try to login to eu/us/au/play.mcgamer.net, it displays an error message "Failed to connect to the server; Unknown Host. I have tried connecting to the individual game servers through direct connect, through different game versions, and i have also re-installed/updated my Minecraft and Java. Does anyone know anything that could help me?

-TheMatrixNinja

ShadyGamerX

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a very irritating problem and we have completely no clue on how to fix this. I can connect to the servers myself but he can't even though we live in the same country. I think that this is a problem with different ISPs but it's still extremely weird that after a certain update the server has never worked for him. Anyone here have any possible solutions for this other than contacting ISP? It is pretty annoying that we can't play together on MCSG. It has been like 2 months now and he hasn't been able to get on even once.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That is rather strange. I've heard of this problem before, but I have no idea how to fix it. I'm really sorry this happened to you and if you have any advances on how you think you may be able to solve it do not hesitate to contact me and I could try and help you out. As ShadyGamerX said, it could be a problem with your ISP. Try contacting them first and seeing where you can get from there :)

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Probably something related to MCGamer.
Since it's working for others, and not many people are experiencing the issue, I don't think it's an issue on MCGamer's side.
This is a very irritating problem and we have completely no clue on how to fix this. I can connect to the servers myself but he can't even though we live in the same country. I think that this is a problem with different ISPs but it's still extremely weird that after a certain update the server has never worked for him. Anyone here have any possible solutions for this other than contacting ISP? It is pretty annoying that we can't play together on MCSG. It has been like 2 months now and he hasn't been able to get on even once.
He did say it happened before the MCGamer 1.8 update, so it most likely doesn't have to do anything with that.
So i used to play quite a lot of MCSG until it suddenly stopped working about a month ago or so, a bit before the 1.8 update. Every time i try to login to eu/us/au/play.mcgamer.net, it displays an error message "Failed to connect to the server; Unknown Host. I have tried connecting to the individual game servers through direct connect, through different game versions, and i have also re-installed/updated my Minecraft and Java. Does anyone know anything that could help me?

-TheMatrixNinja
Hey TheMatrixNinja! I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue! Have you tried to connect to the US MCGamer with a resolved IP? Perhaps an issue within your internet connection is making it difficult to resolve the domain, so it can't find the IP, resulting in the Unknown Host error. The issue has happened within TeamSpeak for me, although never Minecraft.

Server Direct IP List:
US: 104.219.3.37
CA: 198.50.188.20
EU: 91.121.254.220
AU: 104.219.7.248

This is the best I could come up with! Hopefully this solves your issue! Good luck! If this solved your issue, or your issue is resolved, please @ a staff member so we can lock the thread for you. :)

Genesis_Jack

Tribute
Reaction score
I have this issue sometimes, I fixed it by Reinstalling Minecraft, Java, and then starting a Local server, then joined it. I dont know if itll work for you ,but it worth a try.

TheMatrixNinja

Spectator
Reaction score
Since it's working for others, and not many people are experiencing the issue, I don't think it's an issue on MCGamer's side.

He did say it happened before the MCGamer 1.8 update, so it most likely doesn't have to do anything with that.

Hey TheMatrixNinja! I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue! Have you tried to connect to the US MCGamer with a resolved IP? Perhaps an issue within your internet connection is making it difficult to resolve the domain, so it can't find the IP, resulting in the Unknown Host error. The issue has happened within TeamSpeak for me, although never Minecraft.

Server Direct IP List:
US: 104.219.3.37
CA: 198.50.188.20
EU: 91.121.254.220
AU: 104.219.7.248

This is the best I could come up with! Hopefully this solves your issue! Good luck! If this solved your issue, or your issue is resolved, please @ a staff member so we can lock the thread for you. :)
Thank you very much for the IP:s, i got it working with those at least for now. There must have been some problem with my network's compability with the designated server adresses. Thanks everyone for replying, and now MCSG works for me again ;)

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Requesting a thread lock as question has been answered Nephilim KitMencha Ceroria
Thank you very much for the IP:s, i got it working with those at least for now. There must have been some problem with my network's compability with the designated server adresses. Thanks everyone for replying, and now MCSG works for me again ;)
So glad I could help! If you have any further issues! Don't hesitate to PM me, or post it in the General Support section on the forums!

Have a nice day within the MCGamer Community!

Question Answered, Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci