• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Urbem De Fumus (v2)

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Urbem de Fumus (City of Smoke)

This is an updated, improved version of an earlier map I made which did not make it. It is the final map I will ever make, due to my quitting Minecraft, so I really hope you guys and gals like it.
It is, of course made by me, but I would like to thank ToadallyTerrific for allowing me to use his server.

Theme:
This map was originally inspired by the building style of a Youtuber and builder, Arkas, who uses a very gray modern theme involving lots of depth and subtle detailing. This map in and of itself is an Industrial themed map, with lots of grays being contrasted by pastel colors. It has an underlying story theme, of a revolution in the making. From Easter eggs I scattered around the map it becomes easy to understand the story.

Screenshots:

I, Jaeherys_II agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (Map Maker) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Map Info
Map Radius is 200, but almost every building has an interior. I cannot remember how many chests, but I remember it having more than 250 chests in total.

Download
I will supply a download link for this map, as I received hate last time I posted a map for not including one.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1vv5z9b781bzh7r/Industria.rar

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Avaricia, and SG2 combined. Looks good :D

Reaction score
I don't like it...
I LOVE IT! This map is really spectacular and I really hope it is considered to be added! The only thing I can see people saying is the gameplay maybe a little difficult, there's not really any flat land (As PvPers would say) but it does offer a range of PvP aspects.
+1 for me, I recommend people download the map to really see the beauty of the map!

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Avaricia, and SG2 combined. Looks good :D
Thanks man! Those are two of my favorite maps, so I'm glad there are similarities you can see. :)

Thanks!

I don't like it...
I LOVE IT! This map is really spectacular and I really hope it is considered to be added! The only thing I can see people saying is the gameplay maybe a little difficult, there's not really any flat land (As PvPers would say) but it does offer a range of PvP aspects.
+1 for me, I recommend people download the map to really see the beauty of the map!
Haha, thanks for downloading to get a better look at it. It's true- there isn't a ton of flat land, but the city streets tend to be flatter than the wilderness. I wanted to push the fighting inside the city, because I thought that would be pretty cool.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
It's really interesting, maybe add a few more things like change the biome so the grass and water looks polluted (hence the smoke city thing and grayness).

I really would like to see this on the servers though, very interesting style of PvP incorporated with the design.

Maso

Diamond
Reaction score
Reminds me of Isla Del Rosa a little, I love the theme/style of the map. Great work man. :)

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Looks excellent! I'm loving how fully you thought out the city area, though I'm questioning the amount of water for the size and the amount of buildings in the forest areas outside the city.

Jaecrafted

Tribute
Reaction score
Reminds me of Isla Del Rosa a little, I love the theme/style of the map. Great work man. :)
Looks amazing!
Thanks you guys!

It's really interesting, maybe add a few more things like change the biome so the grass and water looks polluted (hence the smoke city thing and grayness).

I really would like to see this on the servers though, very interesting style of PvP incorporated with the design.
Great suggestion! You may notice, I changed the biome a little at the cornucopia, but after that my map was removed from the build server and I only have it on singleplayer now. Thanks again, I'll try and get it back on so I can incorporate that. :)

Looks excellent! I'm loving how fully you thought out the city area, though I'm questioning the amount of water for the size and the amount of buildings in the forest areas outside the city.
Water, water, water... A mapmakers worst enemy. You're right-- I'll go and add some stuff to make the water more surpassable. As for the forest buildings, I was attempting to keep the map interesting for players to explore, rather than just constant forest... Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci