• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

User-Created Maps

FortiPlex

Experienced
Reaction score
I just thought of an idea that will allow users to create their own maps and apply them to a server.

This can be shown as 'User-Created Maps'. Say, someone creates an awesome map. But the administrator does not approve of it for some reason. This map can still be published as user created, but not one of the main Survival Games maps.

The trick part is, servers cost money. And each server has an option to choose which map to choose from. (Main maps.) So, what if, there was another subscription option that allows any user to apply their own map onto a server?

Basically, you buy the subscription - make a map - test the map to see if it's perfectly ready - have a moderator or administrator review it - and publish it on a 'sub-server' this is basically something that is not associated with the main servers. It's just there for custom map purposes. The whole thing is the same, just for users that want to show their awesome maps and not have a 10% chance of having their map chosen.

So, the subscription is meant to pay off for the servers. While donators and developers continue to work on the main server (in which contains the official MSG maps)

If you think about it, this will help MSG rank higher than others. Plus, people can have more fun when it comes to being creative. <3

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Umm I am not usre if that's what you said but there are already community maps made from users that are in servers and you can make one and here is all the info
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/map-downloads-and-discussions.10/
Again I am not sure if that's what you said he not someone correct me
It's pretty confusing, but I think he wants an special server to test those maps hosted by the MCSG. If you had an server to build it on, why not use that for an test run?

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You now that Breeze, TSG 1 + 2, Hungry Hills, Yellowstone, Lost Ridge, skylands Survival, Survvial Kingdom, Fortress Pyke, Insanity Cause and Moon Light Lake are made by random people....
Only SG1 - SG5 Kharmunrah Overgrown Arena, Solar Frost, are made by the Staff

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
You now that Breeze, TSG 1 + 2, Hungry Hills, Yellowstone, Lost Ridge, skylands Survival, Survvial Kingdom, Fortress Pyke, Insanity Cause and Moon Light Lake are made by random people....
Only SG1 - SG5 Kharmunrah Overgrown Arena, Solar Frost, are made by the Staff
SG1-SG5 is made my TeamVareide and Kharmunrah is made by TeamElite

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
SG1-SG5 is made my TeamVareide and Kharmunrah is made by TeamElite
If you look at Map Info at Kharmunrah it says: Joshkey and you might know that Joshkey is a mod ;) xD
I didnt know how to tell it better so I used the word "Staff" but I know that TV made them.

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
If you look at Map Info at Kharmunrah it says: Joshkey and you might know that Joshkey is a mod ;) xD
I didnt know how to tell it better so I used the word "Staff" but I know that TV made them.
Ik I wanted to mention the 2 building teams ;)

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
I think you all dont get it what he want to say.

And I support him :)

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just thought of an idea that will allow users to create their own maps and apply them to a server.

This can be shown as 'User-Created Maps'. Say, someone creates an awesome map. But the administrator does not approve of it for some reason. This map can still be published as user created, but not one of the main Survival Games maps.

The trick part is, servers cost money. And each server has an option to choose which map to choose from. (Main maps.) So, what if, there was another subscription option that allows any user to apply their own map onto a server?

Basically, you buy the subscription - make a map - test the map to see if it's perfectly ready - have a moderator or administrator review it - and publish it on a 'sub-server' this is basically something that is not associated with the main servers. It's just there for custom map purposes. The whole thing is the same, just for users that want to show their awesome maps and not have a 10% chance of having their map chosen.

So, the subscription is meant to pay off for the servers. While donators and developers continue to work on the main server (in which contains the official MSG maps)

If you think about it, this will help MSG rank higher than others. Plus, people can have more fun when it comes to being creative. <3
Are you new to the community? We could use more people like you :)

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So pretty much like a test drive, like when buying cars...

I have a feeling that if this were implemented I would be rolling around in happiness.

The truth is, when you submit a map on the forums, sure, people can download it and check it out, but usually get no taste of the gameplay. Although there are a lot of kinks in this system, the payment to get maps into the server may help... in a way... but a lot of mapmakers may not want to pay. The money would indeed help out MCSG, but I am doubting the amount of people who would spend money to get their map on a test drive server. Then again, I could be wrong, and map makers who are truly confident in themselves and their map would submit it for review.

Perhaps if it were free, along with the existence of a bunch of testers, eventually a flow of new maps that get denied or accepted into the main servers would be created, increasing both community map quantity and quality in the actual servers.

My brain wants to say: maybe community maps should be tested by active community members? Forumers? Hmm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci