• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Using Snapshot 12w22a's "Adventure mode" feature in The Survival Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSpread

Spectator
Reaction score
Snapshot 12w22a's "adventure mode" feature could really help the enforcement of "No breaking blocks" rule. Because in adventure mode you cannot place or break blocks, but still interact with other players, It would be perfect. Just for placing blocks, you could tweak the file to get the desired
settings. Let me know if this can work, thanks.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
firstly it took the team quite some time to get a solid plug-in working for 1.2, the snapshot released this week is practically useless to any server that manages its player base with the help of plug-ins. almost everything would be deactivated if they changed to the snapshot update.
The adventure mode might be useful in the future and would remove the need to re-code the plug-in for future updates, but (i've not looked at the settings for adventure mode so i'm just speculating) my understanding is that no blocks can be broken in adventure mode, we're allowed to break leaf blocks as they are necessary to reach some of the areas of the maps.
its an ok idea, but doesn't really seem effective until the full release of 1.3

FireSpread

Spectator
Reaction score
I guess you're right. They can also tweak the file so they can allow the destruction of leaf blocks, but i guess the idea can't really be effective until the release of 1.3, Thank you for you're consideration.

FireSpread

Spectator
Reaction score
That's unfortunate : (
I guess it's just the nerve of some people, maybe.

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, the leaves are the only problem. It is most likely impossible to make it so the client knows it's allowed to break leaves but not anything else - making Adventure Mode useless for MCSG.
But if it were possible, I say go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci