• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Valentines

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
You're the best thing I've seen since
MCGamer V2

On the 14th of February, Valentine's Day will be upon us. A day where some spend it with their significant other and express their love for each other, and others spend it eating cheap chocolate and just spending it doing what they always do. But deep down, what is the purpose of Valentines Day? What has it become? Is its purpose really so that we can show our affection and feelings for one another, or has it just become a commercialized business event that makes companies millions through Chocolate sales and present-buying?

In my personal opinion, Valentine's day has become more and more commercialized, being more about the flowers, chocolates or jewelry etc. that one would receive. Sure, the day encourages us to gather our courage and express our feelings to our 'Valentine' but in my view it has become more about presents than what it is designed to be.

I think this because really, if we truly do love someone, then we should not wait for a holiday to convey this. We shouldn't have to rely on chocolates and such to make someone our 'Valentine', but that's just my very rushed written opinion on the matter

What do you think about Valentine's day? Do you celebrate it, or just take advantage on the chocolate sales?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Neither.

I find Valentines Day as a commercial day, a day to just buy chocolate.

I don't think that there has to be one specific day to share love.

but that's basically what you said —just realized.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Neither.

I find Valentines Day as a commercial day, a day to just buy chocolate.

I don't think that there has to be one specific day to share love.

but that's basically what you said —just realized.
Haha a little bit :p My general opinion was really that I find it somewhat wrong that the day has been somewhat hijacked by companies just using it for monetary gain

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
Chocolate is my girlfriend.

I don't celebrate it c:

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I've gone 14 years without a valentine. Looks like I'm spending another alone. :(

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
The only time i had a valentine was when i was 6 and when i was 9...........well then
that is sad but also very amusing to me

Anyway, I don't bother with.. just hide in my room alone xD
If people want to celebrate it then why not, but there doesn't really need to be a certain day to 'express your love' to eachother xD

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I am going to China on some tour on Valentine's Day ^_^ so if you can't tell I don't really have anyone to share affection with :/ just a lonely two tailed gamer(well sadly I don't have two tails in real life ;-; ).

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Valentines is just another way to remind me how lonely I am. In one strange way or another I'm kinda happy its like that :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci