• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vanilla SG5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioactivFly

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd like to run the Vanilla version of SG5 on a server. Usually, there's a Host House with a simple lever to pull starting the Games. But SG5 is confusing. All I can find is a button that does nothing but push up a red wool block. Would anyone like to enlighten me?

I posted about this earlier, and it got locked. The reason why is someone answered. I am re-posting because I didn't find the answer adequate. It was that the map uses command blocks, which I already knew. What I don't know is how to start the Games from the spawn room. What does the red wool button do? How am I supposed to start it without flying around and breaking blocks?

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
This one runs off of command blocks for smaller MC server utilization I believe.

RadioactivFly

Survivor
Reaction score
I know it uses command blocks. What does the red wool do, how do I get players in the starting gates (Vanilla), and how do I start the game? I'm talking about buttons, not flying around and doing stuff. And no Bukkit plugins. I'm running this as a one-time thing, and the only mods I'm installing are anti-griefing stuff and something that prevents players from breaking blocks.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I know it uses command blocks. What does the red wool do, how do I get players in the starting gates (Vanilla), and how do I start the game? I'm talking about buttons, not flying around and doing stuff. And no Bukkit plugins. I'm running this as a one-time thing, and the only mods I'm installing are anti-griefing stuff and something that prevents players from breaking blocks.
It shows that you pressed the button xD

But anyway, as long as you have multiple people in the server, the command blocks send you to an underground area where they wait to be teleported to the main start, its all automated. Like i said, it only works with multiple people or else the game will keep repeating an endless cycle of: "5 minutes untill the survival games begin". If something else goes wrong just ask.

RadioactivFly

Survivor
Reaction score
Thank you. Now I know why I couldn't get the start platforms to pop up. I preferred good 'ol levers, but I guess this requires fewer mods/plugins to run smoothly.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think theres something about having to be in adventure mode or something when you press the button. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci