• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vida Cova (24&48) -=Team Apollo=-

Do you like the map?

• Total voters

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry.

I think it's too OP or unfair because someone who got lucky in the chests (Maybe a team) could go up, craft a Diamond sword and camp up there until the end of the game. Any attempts to reach them would result in being hit down to the bottom.
Remember:
  • It is really really difficult to die of falling.
  • The chests are not on the top.
  • It's pretty much the same difficulty for everyone.
  • You don't need to go back to the top. Ever.
  • The only reason to go on the upper wheel is for the DM. And then the lightning still pursues.
So it really isn't that OP.
We've tested and tested. You cannot camp this corn more than any other.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Lol, thanks for the replies, it's great to find a build team who can take criticism and show you your wrong with logic XD.

However, on the point of "The top gives you NO advantage" I disagree. It can give a huge tactical advantage.

For example:
(Lets call our player bob)
Bob gets some decent chests on his route and has iron and chain armour. He has his fishing rod, his bow with some arrows, but only a stone sword. However, he can make an iron sword.
Bob goes to spawn and, as it is only 10 minutes in, no-one else is around. (the ones that are still alive are spread out across this epic map)
He swims up a waterfall and makes his sword, as well as plenty of arrows.
Now, bob just camps at the top of there, taking pot-shots at who ever tries to get near him.
Chests refill, and a team come to spawn.
They get some good loot, and they want to make some diamond swords.
However, they cannot swim up the water, as bob is up there, blocking out the sun with his arrows.
Although the team are quite good at fighting in the shade, one member is killed and the other scared off.

Reading this back, I realise this is a great tactic for taking out teams :p. However, teams could camp up there who would normally die and extend the game and if there's one thing MCSG'ers hate, it's an extended game.

Also, hiding up there could draw a people away from the map and make them focus more on spawn, which is good and bad.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lol, thanks for the replies, it's great to find a build team who can take criticism and show you your wrong with logic XD.

However, on the point of "The top gives you NO advantage" I disagree. It can give a huge tactical advantage.

For example:
Bob gets some decent chests on his route and has iron and chain armour. He has his fishing rod, his bow with some arrows, but only a stone sword. However, he can make an iron sword.
Bob goes to spawn and, as it is only 10 minutes in, no-one else is around. (the ones that are still alive are spread out across this epic map)
Now, bob just camps at the top of there, taking pot-shots at who ever tries to get near him.
However, they cannot swim up the water, as bob is up there, blocking out the sun with his arrows.
Although the team are quite good at fighting in the shade, one member is killed and the other scared off.

Reading this back, I realise this is a great tactic for taking out teams :p. However, teams could camp up there who would normally die and extend the game and if there's one thing MCSG'ers hate, it's an extended game.

Also, hiding up there could draw a people away from the map and make them focus more on spawn, which is good and bad.
There are actually four crafting benches on the ground level :p
So Bob will just be sat up there, doing nothing, while two increasingly powerful players get more and more decked.
In short, swimming up those waterfalls is a waste of time :p

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
There are actually four crafting benches on the ground level :p
So Bob will just be sat up there, doing nothing, while two increasingly powerful players get more and more decked.
In short, swimming up those waterfalls is a waste of time :p
Oh. I didn't realise that.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score

For example:

'Preciate it! Anyway, yeah, there are other crafting benches. I suppose you could get up there to run away from someone, but other than that it's pretty pointless.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
'Preciate it! Anyway, yeah, there are other crafting benches. I suppose you could get up there to run away from someone, but other than that it's pretty pointless.
Even trying to run away, you'll probably end up with a bunch of arrows sticking out of your arse XD
Or you'll get fishingrod-ed out of the streams, since they're only one block wide

Toast

District 13
Reaction score

For example:

As they said above, there are crating benches in the water, as well as an enchantment table (I may have overdone the enchantment tables on this map...).

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As they said above, there are crating benches in the water, as well as an enchantment table (I may have overdone the enchantment tables on this map...).
Well, we've added enchanting as a readily available part of the game in this map, not some hidden easter egg only the well-informed can get.

You done good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci