• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vida Cova - My opinions and thoughts on the map.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to congratulate Team Apollo for getting the map onto the servers - that's a huge feat.

However, I do have a few complaints.

1. It's basically just jungle and ravines.
I do think this is the purpose of the map, however - but it may just be me not liking jungle maps though.
I can't really provide constructive criticism here, though.

2. I don't see that many buildings on the map.
Although, SG1 doesn't have many buildings, and it's still a good map...
Maybe buildings aren't that necessary - but possibly some landmarks to help us find our way around?

3. It's basically just a huge maze.
This might just be me, but I don't like the idea of the maze.
However, TA could possibly add more land structures in the ravines to help you find your way around? Just an idea.

4. I found one spot of terraforming messed up.
I think it was just a mistake, or that's how it was meant to be.
However, this was the only spot I saw. BritishShoop still did a fantastic job. :)

5. Chest placement is a bit off?
I found chests 10 blocks from each other in a line formation.
That may just be all of the chests, though. If so, if the chest placement is balanced, I'm happy.

These are my personal opinions on the map, but overall - the map is good.
I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it isn't the worst.

Good job, Team Apollo. I look forward to seeing more of your maps! :)

Last edited:

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe this map was meant to bring back a little more of a survival aspect, therefore is a great build.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the thread had well over 24 pages and a very very high approval ratio. This map was fully supported by the community, and it really isn't fair for the community to turn around and heap abuse on Team Apollo after it was accepted.

Granted, Team Apollo had the benefit of a very large team and lots of friends of the build team creating a very favorable atmosphere in the thread.

I think the map is certainly better than some of the other maps in rotation, and those haven't sparked backlash to my knowledge. It is not my favorite for some of the reasons I posted in the original thread (ravine is too mazelike and not enough landmarks), but the quality is still there.

I suspect the backlash would be much less if Apollo didn't have connections to the Map Committee - people are trying to find evidence of bias that may not be true.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. That is supposed to be the theme, so that's gonna be what it is.
2. I'd be cool with some more buildings, but not too many. The focus is more on terrain.
3. I think a theme was supposed to be a daunting, confusing maze. Dispensers with compasses toward corn might be interesting. F3 is your friend on this map though, even I use it to get around!
4. I'm pretty sure that was a mistake.
5. I would agree that some chests are a bit close. They are spread fairly evenly though.

I'm actually interested in making some changes and adding new things then pushing out an update. We could address some concerns in it.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just won my first game on Vida Cova and I liked it. The pvp is very interesting, especially at deathmatch :)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is definitely an improvement from your original thread, and thank you for fixing it.
I still don't think most of those are constructive criticism, but at least it's not blatant hate. With point 4, I would just like to point out that finding one spot with not up to par terraforming happens all the time everywhere, and maybe if you told us where/what it was we could improve on it. And also, BritishShoop is not our only terraformer. It could have been any of the team's terraformers working on that, and pointing him out to fix it could be offensive to the others.

But otherwise, thank you for some feedback. We will try to improve in our future maps :)

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
This is definitely an improvement from your original thread, and thank you for fixing it.
I still don't think most of those are constructive criticism, but at least it's not blatant hate. With point 4, I would just like to point out that finding one spot with not up to par terraforming happens all the time everywhere, and maybe if you told us where/what it was we could improve on it. And also, BritishShoop is not our only terraformer. It could have been any of the team's terraformers working on that, and pointing him out to fix it could be offensive to the others.

But otherwise, thank you for some feedback. We will try to improve in our future maps :)
The only one I knew was BritishShoop, but I meant all of the terraformers.

So much sugar coating in this thread xD
Seriously, dude? I wasn't trying to sugar coat it, I congratulated them on getting it accepted, and told them some stuff that could be edited/changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci