• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

VIP for Streamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any way semi-large streamers could get VIP. While this is not for myself (I only have 26 followers :p) the question has been bugging me for a while.
If you could I think the limit for followers should be less than the subscriber limit for YouTubers (10k) as there are a lot less people who use twitch. Most Youtubers with 1 mil+ subs still only have maybe 100k followers on their twitch even if they promote it. I think that it should be 1k followers on twitch for VIP but that's just my opinion. Any thoughts?

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, but I think the limit should be the same.
Just because less people use twitch, doesn't mean limit should be lower.
V.I.P is about contributing to the community, and for the youtuber rank, you need to bring new people to mcg, which the minimum subs is at least 10k. It shouldn't be any different to twitch, as you still need to bring new people. I probably explained it badly =3
Anyways, overall, I agree :)

Kerkuti

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea. If you have a small amount of viewers, then what's the point in having VIP? It should be earned. I'm not sure if there are other ways of obtaining it by my source of knowledge, big possibility you can earn it by having a YouTube channel as well, but you may need a certain amount of subscribers. Anyways, no, unless you have a lot of viewers per stream.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are a couple of MCSG streamers with 100+ viewers and I think they derserve VIP considering they live stream for 3+ hours and keep a steady flow of viewers

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I agree that some streamers should get VIP, but I'm not sure about the requirements.

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree, but I think the limit should be the same.
Just because less people use twitch, doesn't mean limit should be lower.
V.I.P is about contributing to the community, and for the youtuber rank, you need to bring new people to mcg, which the minimum subs is at least 10k. It shouldn't be any different to twitch, as you still need to bring new people. I probably explained it badly =3
Anyways, overall, I agree :)
In reality most YouTuber VIPS don't bring new players. They have subs who already knew about MCG. Sure, they might bring a few new ones but people like ThatOneTomahawk got famous because of MCG. But people like Grapeapplesauce already had a big fanbase before starting a MCSG series. This is really off topic, I think streamers with 5k+ followers should get VIP.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
In reality most YouTuber VIPS don't bring new players. They have subs who already knew about MCG. Sure, they might bring a few new ones but people like ThatOneTomahawk got famous because of MCG. But people like Grapeapplesauce already had a big fanbase before starting a MCSG series. This is really off topic, I think streamers with 5k+ followers should get VIP.
Yeah, streamers (imo) tend to bring more people to servers than just a YouTuber playing on it. When they're streaming, the players really want to play with him so they join the server he's on. If they play enough matches, they may get to like the server and play it even when he/her is not streaming.

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
This should be a great idea. I don't know what else to say but i do agree with this.

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
The are 2 emails to contact the MCGamer Admins;
[email protected] or [email protected]
They both are pretty much the same, purpose wise, so feel free to email those or reference a mod with a question if you're not sure what to do or the topic that you need help with is urgent.
Make sure to put the topic of your email in the Subject Title when you write the email :)
Seeing as this was your question I will be locking this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci